An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1887208' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:55 PM']They are on their way home RIGHT NOW. :woot: :yahoo: :clap:[/quote]

YAAAAAAY!

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1887208' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:55 PM']They are on their way home RIGHT NOW. :woot: :yahoo: :clap:[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
Praise God!

IcePrincessKRS

Sara's update (basically the same thing I posted the other day, but with more details):

[b]We're HOME!!!
I'm sure a lot of people have already heard the word but Brodie was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon. He took really well to being fed via the g-tube and over the weekend a good schedule was established. When the GI & Cardiac docs came in Monday morning they were ready to send him home then. Unfortunately we had to wait for all his prescriptions to be filled, medical equipment to be delivered and learn how to used it all before we could leave.
We met with Brodie's pediatrician today and have his first round of appointments with his Cardiologist, Speech Therapist, GI clinic and home nursing set. We'll be very busy for a while.
Fiona is delighted to have her baby brother home. She literally looked shocked every time she saw that he was still here yesterday. Now that he's home she enjoys holding him too.
Updates will come a little less often between now and his next surgery. We still have a long road ahead of us so please don't forget to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Love,

Sara, Joe, Fiona & Brodie[/b]

• 2 years later...
IcePrincessKRS

Brodie is now 2 and a half years old. Right now he is in the operating room undergoing his third open heart surgery. Hopefully this will be his last one. Please join us in praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.