An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

Thanks guys. My brother in law just updated his facebook, it's been a rough day for Brodie. :(

[i]He`s rollercoastering. The last two surgeries were by the book. This time he has not read the book and is all over the place. His pressure is low and O2 sats are low...then normal and then his rhythm is good then off and his temperature is up and down too. He just needs to level out. The pressure is not where it should me. I think taking out the tube is the best plan. let him breathe on his own. And then he could talk to us too.[/i]

I'm trusting that the doctors can handle this, but any continued prayers for Brodie's comfort and quick recovery are still very much appreciated.

IcePrincessKRS

Thank you all so, so much. :love: My sister shared a video of Brodie saying a prayer before his surgery and it was so sweet. I had to fight really hard not to cry. It smells of elderberries so bad that such a sweet kind little boy has to go through such a crappy situation.

IcePrincessKRS

Sara's latest update: Back at the hospital with Brodie. Slept like a log in my own bed for several hours. Stats are still fluctuating too much & his fever hasn't broke. Blood & urine cultures have been sent to lab to the check for possible infection.

IcePrincessKRS

Thanks guys. Nothing new yet this morning. I know Sara and Joe had another appointment they both had to go to today so our other sister is going to be staying at the hospital with Brodie for them (she is their nanny since they both have to work, Brodie loves her). I talked with her last night and she said she'd try and update me throughout the day while she's there.

IcePrincessKRS

I received two texts from Sara this morning. Earlier she told me that Brodie has been put on a heavier sedative and is far less restless. His stats have been regulating but his o2 was still lower than it should be. His x-ray showed a partially collapsed lung that they will be trying to inflate via ventilator. He still has a fever but it's lower. He's swollen but that's normal post-op. Her second text said that he is being given nourishment through an NG tube directly into his small intestine. His o2 has risen from low 70s to the 80s, which is better but not super. He is started to head in the right direction. Thank God for these improvements!!!