An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1319230890' post='2324824']

If it a fluid (vs a pneumothorax, a collapsed lung) would they do a chest tube to drain it? Or is it very small? All I keep thinking is, "Go baby! Go baby! We love you! God loves you! Be healthy & strong!" :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
[/quote]

Early this morning Sara texted me that Brodie's lung issue was fluid and they put a tube in place to drain it. Overall he's been doing better, they drained (as of 8:45) over 200cc of fluid and had put him on a diuretic (which makes him pee a lot, too). I was extremely thankful to wake up to news that Brodie is improving. Thank God for His many blessings!

IcePrincessKRS

Here is the latest from Sara. Things are beginning to look up after a worrisome 2 days. I really can't thank you all enough.

Brodie still has a long recovery ahead of him but he seems to be on the mend. He is slowly being weaned off the ventilator and some of his meds. His stats are staying pretty steady even with the reduction of meds & machine. He is still running a fever but its not super high. He's been under constant sedation but draining the fluid off his lung has allowed him to make the first bit of real progress since surgery on Wednesday. His cardiologist said its been a very scary 48 hours, but he seems to be out of the woods now. Thank you to all who have continued to add our little boy in your prayers. Your thoughts and kind words have been greatly appreciated. It is amazing to know what a wide impact he has had. Please remember to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as Brodie remains in intensive care.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1319324884' post='2325327']
Here is the latest from Sara. Things are beginning to look up after a worrisome 2 days. I really can't thank you all enough.

Brodie still has a long recovery ahead of him but he seems to be on the mend. He is slowly being weaned off the ventilator and some of his meds. His stats are staying pretty steady even with the reduction of meds & machine. He is still running a fever but its not super high. He's been under constant sedation but draining the fluid off his lung has allowed him to make the first bit of real progress since surgery on Wednesday. His cardiologist said its been a very scary 48 hours, but he seems to be out of the woods now. Thank you to all who have continued to add our little boy in your prayers. Your thoughts and kind words have been greatly appreciated. It is amazing to know what a wide impact he has had. Please remember to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as Brodie remains in intensive care.
[/quote]

praise God that he is being weaned off the vent!

Marie-Therese

Bless his little heart, it was a lot of fluid to warrant a chest tube. But thankfully his lung can re-inflate and maybe the vent will allow his body to rest a bit and recover even as they are weaning him. Still praying for his recovery and for his family!!

IcePrincessKRS

Joe just updated a few minutes ago: Brodie is doing well. May get ventilator out tomorrow or tuesday. He woke up for a second and I was able to be right there for him. Well worth to night on a tiny bench and the hours by his side.

----It's so good to know Brodie always has his Mommy or Daddy by his side so when these little moments happen he has the comfort of their faces and love amidst all the discomfort and confusion

IcePrincessKRS

The latest from Sara: Brodie now has a chest tube in both lungs draining fluid. His stats are staying fairly consistent. His ventilator is being weaned down slowly. We hope to extubate tomorrow or Wednesday. He is still heavily sedated, when he does wake it is usually very brief but there is recognition in his eyes most times.Coming off the ventilator will be a huge accomplishment so we're hoping & praying for sooner than later.