An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charismatic Catholics

RezaMikhaeil

I'd like to see the actual documentation where a Pope has approved charismatic liturgical practices...

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866534' date='May 13 2009, 09:12 PM']I'd like to see the actual documentation where a Pope has approved charismatic liturgical practices...[/quote]

We're not talking about liturgical practices we're talking about the movement as a whole.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1866534' date='May 13 2009, 09:12 PM']I'd like to see the actual documentation where a Pope has approved charismatic liturgical practices...[/quote]

We're not talking about liturgical practices we're talking about the movement as a whole.

If I named this thread, I will call it ‘The Charisma of Tongue’.

Whether Catholic or non–Catholic Charismatic, who confessed that the act of ‘speaking in tongue’ is an indication of the coming of the Holy Spirit – re enacting Act 2:1- 4 - is really an interesting topic to discuss.

Because if anyone will say ‘they are just acting and fooling themselves’, the more they will ‘speak in tongue’ in order to drive out demons.

Thus, I just look and let them be happy but, I have two or three questions to all who have this ‘Charisma of Tongue’.

1. Do you know that ‘speaking in tongue’ is a sign for an unbeliever? (See 1 Cor 14:22).
2. Do you really have this Spirit of Jesus Christ or Holy Spirit even before you ‘speak in tongue’?
3. Why then you still look for this a ‘sign’?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866570' date='May 13 2009, 09:53 PM']We're not talking about liturgical practices we're talking about the movement as a whole.[/quote]

So they do not have the Popes permission for there liturgical practices?

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='reyb' post='1866573' date='May 13 2009, 09:57 PM']If I named this thread, I will call it ‘The Charisma of Tongue’.

Whether Catholic or non–Catholic Charismatic, who confessed that the act of ‘speaking in tongue’ is an indication of the coming of the Holy Spirit – re enacting Act 2:1- 4 - is really an interesting topic to discuss.

Because if anyone will say ‘they are just acting and fooling themselves’, the more they will ‘speak in tongue’ in order to drive out demons.

Thus, I just look and let them be happy but, I have two or three questions to all who have this ‘Charisma of Tongue’.

1. Do you know that ‘speaking in tongue’ is a sign for an unbeliever? (See 1 Cor 14:22).
2. Do you really have this Spirit of Jesus Christ or Holy Spirit even before you ‘speak in tongue’?
3. Why then you still look for this a ‘sign’?[/quote]

You have the Holy Spirit before you speak in tongues, but you are not looking for a sign, it is a gift given by God, to help you grow in relationship with Him, Others, and the Church. It is a sign for an unbeliever but also a sign for believers because when Peter and Paul laid hands on someone, that person began to speak in tongues. Paul says to seek the gifts (Charismata) The Holy Spirit can come without manifesting the gift of tongues, but when the Charismatic gifts are abundant, they allow the Holy Spirit to work more intensely (with proper discernment)

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1866576' date='May 13 2009, 10:00 PM']So they do not have the Popes permission for there liturgical practices?[/quote]

They do because JPII had known about healing masses. So if he had disapproved he would have said so. See video I posted earlier JPII present while tongues were spoken

Edited by saintwannabe 777

KnightofChrist

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866579' date='May 13 2009, 09:04 PM']They do because JPII had known about healing masses. So if he had disapproved he would have said so. See video I posted earlier JPII present while tongues were spoken[/quote]

Silence is not the same as approval...

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1866585' date='May 13 2009, 10:14 PM']Silence is not the same as approval...[/quote]

Pope John Paul II is a strong man who speaks his mind he was there when tongues were spoken, I'm sorry but he would have cracked down if he was against it. If Pope John Paul the Great does not complain, what right do you have to? If Papa Benny doesn't then what right do you have? You could say that its not your cup of tea but to put Charismatics down as most of these threads on Charismatics tend to do, is not good for our unity.

saintwannabe 777

Mother Angelica and Fr. Groschel also supported the movement, and they are practically living saints.

saintwannabe 777

St. Padre Pio, my patron saint, was also Charismatic even before the movement? Is he wrong?

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1866588' date='May 13 2009, 10:17 PM']Pope John Paul II is a strong man who speaks his mind he was there when tongues were spoken, I'm sorry but he would have cracked down if he was against it. If Pope John Paul the Great does not complain, what right do you have to? If Papa Benny doesn't then what right do you have? You could say that its not your cup of tea but to put Charismatics down as most of these threads on Charismatics tend to do, is not good for our unity.[/quote]

Hey cuz dont worry about them 2. They both like to be haters and exercise no charity. It's a shame because they are both so knowlegable but yet they display no love. The pope has your back dont worry let the haters hate.

Edited by Guest

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866594' date='May 13 2009, 10:27 PM']Hey cuz dont worry about them 2. They both like to be haters and exercise no charity. It's a shame because they are both so knowlegable but yet they display no love. The pope has your back dont worry about 2 petty little haters.[/quote]

Thanx my dude, just KOC and R, I got love for y'all but what ticks me off is how everythign has to be traditional or it is not considered "proper". Are we not brothers and sisters in Christ?

And I have no idea why Koc is church militant because all he does is hate. Dude I take back everything I wrote you yesterday. Saintwannabe777 is my dude and it bugs the hell out of me that you question him and disregard the gifts he has recieved the way you do. You are arrogant and show no love and you are so self righteous. Its a shame pham.

Edited by Guest

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866598' date='May 13 2009, 10:32 PM']And I have no idea why Koc is church militant because all he does is hate. Dude I take back everything I wrote you yesterday. Saintwannabe777 is my dude and it bugs the hell out of me that you question him and disregard the gifts he has recieved the way you do. You are arrogant and show no love and you are overley self righteous. Its a shame my dude.[/quote]

Delivery, yo I appreciate it, but calm down. Christ wants us all to be bros and sistas. He is our Older Bro Yeshua and we should do well to not hate on each other. I appreciate you stickin up for me though.