Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson Has Died


Recommended Posts

desertwoman
Posted

Man, everyone in the hood is coming outside and crying man. Pray for the repose of his soul.

Posted

A friend of mine on facebook, who is also a youth minister, wrote this: "I'm sorry, I don't care what your accomplishments are. I will not be sad when a pedophile dies."

To which I responded: "A. He was never convicted. B. Only God can / should be / is the judge in this."

And she replied: "He admitted he had kids sleep in his bed. Sorry, that's enough for me."

And I responded: "Romans 3:23"

Others are responding with cruel jokes, mocking me and supporting her.

Am I wrong to feel that only GOD is the judge, and that a dead man cannot defend himself, etc etc?

Posted (edited)

[mod]Personal attack. -dUSt[/mod]

Edited by dUSt
Posted

[mod]Personal attack. -dUSt[/mod]

Posted

[mod]Personal attack. -dUSt[/mod]

Posted

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1901522' date='Jun 25 2009, 05:12 PM']I guess I'm just not moved by celebrity deaths. I share no emotional connection to them. Certainly I can pray for their souls, but I'm not bothered by it. 50 is very young to die.[/quote]
agreed. i think, for me, it has a lot to do with that we didn't have MTv growing up and weren't allowed to watch it. yes, i remember catching his videos at friends' houses, but i don't get the connection either.

[quote name='picchick' post='1901692' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:11 PM'][/quote]
i have no idea whether he was guilty. but priests who were/are innocent were stripped of all they had because of such accusations.

btw, i did pray for his soul tonight during Evening Prayer.

Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1901692' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:11 PM'][/quote]

I wrote the following above, and I respond to you with the same:

[quote]A friend of mine on facebook, who is also a youth minister, wrote this: "I'm sorry, I don't care what your accomplishments are. I will not be sad when a pedophile dies."

To which I responded: "A. He was never convicted. B. Only God can / should be / is the judge in this."

And she replied: "He admitted he had kids sleep in his bed. Sorry, that's enough for me."

And I responded: "Romans 3:23"

Others are responding with cruel jokes, mocking me and supporting her.

Am I wrong to feel that only GOD is the judge, and that a dead man cannot defend himself, etc etc?[/quote]

Excelsior1027
Posted

C'mon, folks, he was a troubled soul. He grew up in a "fishbowl" life, he was a product of his own fame and the way the media treated him. He didn't have a real childhood; no wonder he was odd. Sure, he did some stupid things, such as the sleeping with boys in bed (though, as Specter already said, he was not convicted of child abuse), but he was still a human being that God loved as much as you or me.

To not have any remorse for the death of any person seems kind of cold to me. I don't care who it is.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Specter' post='1901691' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:01 AM']A friend of mine on facebook, who is also a youth minister, wrote this: "I'm sorry, I don't care what your accomplishments are. I will not be sad when a pedophile dies."

To which I responded: "A. He was never convicted. B. Only God can / should be / is the judge in this."

And she replied: "He admitted he had kids sleep in his bed. Sorry, that's enough for me."

And I responded: "Romans 3:23"

Others are responding with cruel jokes, mocking me and supporting her.

Am I wrong to feel that only GOD is the judge, and that a dead man cannot defend himself, etc etc?[/quote]
He was an excellent musician. But anyone who likes to sleep in bed with other people's children is a sick human being. We can judge his actions, only God can judge his soul.

Posted

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1901715' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:48 PM']He was an excellent musician. But anyone who likes to sleep in bed with other people's children is a sick human being. We can judge his actions, only God can judge his soul.[/quote]
I've slept in the same bed with other people's kids. I'm sick?

Ash Wednesday
Posted (edited)

[quote name='picchick' post='1901695' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:16 PM'][/quote]

Wow, what does the Catholic Church have to do with a fact that a music legend died? If I'm not mistaken, he never was convicted in the court of law. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Show some respect at least for just a little while for a departed soul.

Edited by dUSt
cmotherofpirl
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1901720' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:54 AM']Wow, what does the Catholic Church have to do with a fact that a music legend died? If I'm not mistaken, he never was convicted in the court of law. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Show some respect at least for just a little while for a departed soul.[/quote]
I have respect for his music.

Posted

Unbelievable.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1901714' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:47 PM']To not have any remorse for the death of any person seems kind of cold to me. I don't care who it is.[/quote]

I agree.

Regardless of people's opinions of him, at least spend some energy offering up your prayers for the man.

Posted

One of the most critical theological tenet of our faith is that : " For there is no distinction since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3 23-25.

lost_in_this_world
Posted

i heart michael jackson and it is so sad that he is gone. prayers for his children and family. he is the king of pop and i think he is the music entertainer of my generation (well sort of my generation haha)

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Does anyone else wonder if it could have been suicide?

Posted

[quote name='cappie' post='1901738' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:17 PM']One of the most critical theological tenet of our faith is that : " For there is no distinction since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3 23-25.[/quote]
Thank you.

Posted

im not sure i'll miss him :mellow:

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1901765' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:49 AM']Does anyone else wonder if it could have been suicide?[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something accidental. He was not in very good health and had a lot of prescriptions, including painkillers. Some reports were that something happened after he took a dosage of a very strong one. I tend to rule out suicide because he had been in good spirits by all accounts and had just been preparing for a big set of shows over here in the U.K.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm guessing it wasn't deliberate. If not heart disease, something accidental.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...