An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Mass

Resurrexi

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1904012' date='Jun 28 2009, 11:20 PM']He's fifteen. He'll get it eventually.[/quote]

I'm leaving PM in three months! It's not fair!

You're all getting superhero Res in a couple of years and I miss out :sadwalk:

[quote name='BG45' post='1904026' date='Jun 28 2009, 03:24 PM']Indeed, the Magisterium is only setting guidelines, because it's authority is in teaching apparently, not discipline. Therefore, for not losing sleep over it and following the teachings of the Magesterium that either is fine, we are bad.[/quote]

The word [i]Magisterium[/i] refers to the teaching authority of the Church.

The Church obviously has authority in merely disciplinary matters, but the term for that authority is not [i]Magisterium[/i].

HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904028' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:25 PM']What is there to get?[/quote]

That you don't know everything.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904045' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:30 PM']Did I ever claim that I know everything?[/quote]

You don't need to actually put it into words.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1904046' date='Jun 28 2009, 03:31 PM']You don't need to actually put it into words.[/quote]

That's a split infinitive.

You don't need actually to put it into words.*

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904052' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:33 PM']That's a split infinitive.

You don't need actually to put it into words.*[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Oh my...
Can we end this thread on that note? Please?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1904052' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:33 PM']That's a split infinitive.

See, WHAT would I do without you??

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1904029' date='Jun 28 2009, 04:25 PM']I'm leaving PM in three months! It's not fair!

You're all getting superhero Res in a couple of years and I miss out :sadwalk:[/quote]
I'll miss you and your shenanigans. And your ability to patiently try and make Resi understand.

*facepalm*

now can we PLEASE close this thread????

PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!?!?

and tacos, so very tasty and good for you,, so very tasty and good for you,?

Vincent Vega

[quote name='BG45' post='1904110' date='Jun 28 2009, 03:53 PM']Believe it or not Res, I do know what the Magesterium is, even if I did use it slightly out of context.[/quote]
I think he's referring to me.
And I'll concede that I did not know that I was using it incorrectly.

franciscanheart

[mod]Thread closed.

Why?
Because this is Catholic vs Catholic debate, something not tolerated here at Phatmass. If you have an issue, please see the guidelines or email dUSt.

The Church has approved both forms. That's all one needs to know. Peace.[/mod]