An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Mass

Resurrexi

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903775' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:46 PM']In my experience many regular attendees of the EF hardly use their hand-missals anyway because they know the prayers so well.[/quote]
That is good to hear! I'd probably still use it for the propers. The FSSP priest ended up saying something along the lines of "read the missal before mass if it bugs you then". The whole issue could just have been solved by common sense. But the guy was pressuring it probably to make himself feel good, to affirm all the anti EF types, or whatever other motive. Or maybe he was genuinely concerned and wanted to see how the EF reconciled with V2, though he came across as sort of snippy.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903749' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:35 PM'][i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i] does not apply to the EF.[/quote]

I should have said that the liturgical reforms for which [i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i] called do not apply to the EF. Any doctrinal statements about the Mass would.

Edited by Resurrexi

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903795' date='Jun 28 2009, 08:53 PM']I should have said that the liturgical reforms for which [i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i] called do not apply to the EF. Any doctrinal statements about the Mass would.[/quote]

I'm confused. Are you saying the new Saints should [i]not[/i] be added to the EF calendar?

(And when, when are we going to re-align the calendars?)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903807' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:01 PM']I'm confused. Are you saying the new Saints should [i]not[/i] be added to the EF calendar?

(And when, when are we going to re-align the calendars?)[/quote]

I expressly said earlier that new Saints [i]should [/i]be added to the EF calendar.

[i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i] called for many reforms of the Roman Liturgy. For example, "Especially on Sundays and feasts of obligation there is to be restored, after the Gospel and the homily, 'the common prayer' or 'the prayer of the faithful.'" ([i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i], 53).

This reform has been realized in the OF; thus, there is obviously no necessity of reforming the EF to add the General Intercessions.

Edited by Resurrexi

I like the general intercessions in the St. John Crysosthom (sp? sry) liturgy. I still almost say "Lord have mercy" instead of "Lord hear our prayer" :mellow:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1903823' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:15 PM']I like the general intercessions in the St. John Crysosthom (sp? sry) liturgy. I still almost say "Lord have mercy" instead of "Lord hear our prayer" :mellow:[/quote]

I posted the Litany of Peace from the Byzantine Liturgy in the USAirways' thread about the General Intercessions.

:yes:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903767' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:43 PM']You were saying that I'm full of myself?

:lol_pound:[/quote]

When did [i]I[/i] say that? I saw others saying it. And now you say it. Hmmmm.....

[quote name='picchick' post='1903856' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:35 PM']When did [i]I[/i] say that? I saw others saying it. And now you say it. Hmmmm.....[/quote]

You agreed with someone who said it, if I recall correctly.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903858' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:35 PM']You agreed with someone who said it, if I recall correctly.[/quote]

:P Yep, I just saw that. As you age your memory becoms shot.

I just consider myself pretty :)

Now back to the topic at hand.

I wish this thread would be closed. I see it as only causing more division. The original intent of this thread was to show how one was better than the other despite it being said otherwise. Mass is Mass. God wants us to go to Mass. He is not going to hear the prayers of one set of people just because they go to a different form than another. God is not going to make one set of people higher than another. Instead He looks in the heart

Can we close this thread?

Edited by picchick

[quote name='picchick' post='1903862' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:38 PM']:P Yep, I just saw that.
I wish this thread would be closed. I see it as only causing more division. The original intent of this thread was to show how one was better than the other despite it being said otherwise. Mass is Mass. God wants us to go to Mass. He is not going to hear the prayers of one set of people just because they go to a different form than another. God is not going to make one set of people higher than another. Instead He looks in the heart

Can we close this thread?[/quote]

The EF displays the Catholic faith better than the OF as it is normally celebrated.

Edited by Resurrexi

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903863' date='Jun 28 2009, 09:40 PM']The EF displays the Catholic faith better than the OF as it is normally celebrated.[/quote]

*boinks head against table*

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903863' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:40 PM']The EF displays the Catholic faith better than the OF as it is normally celebrated.[/quote]

Dude...whatever...when we get to heaven we'll ask God ok? I am done trying to fight with you. It is ridiculous. Maybe it does but does that make it better? Does that make you better? No. But, you won't listen. You'll repeat and repeat like you have because for some reason you think that it will make everyone come to your side or something.

Now, can we close tihs thread?

[quote name='picchick' post='1903873' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:51 PM']Now, can we close tihs thread?[/quote]

There is no reason for this thread to be closed.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903868' date='Jun 28 2009, 01:47 PM']*boinks head against table*[/quote]

Would you not say that Communion on the tongue, which is the only way to receive Communion in the EF, better displays our belief in transubstantiation than Communion in the hand, which is allowed in the OF in most countries?