An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Mass

Resurrexi

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903512' date='Jun 28 2009, 05:41 PM']I do think that Latin, beautiful vestments, and incense are very pleasing to God because all beautiful things glorify God, their maker.[/quote]

All things glorify God, their maker, period. Undoubtedly God takes much pleasure in sea slugs being the best sea slugs they can be.

Beauty is a human concept, and a matter of taste. Personally I think many fiddlebacks are... well... ghastly. They draw my attention away from the important stuff if I let them (I try not to). I think simple silk chasubles in a tasteful shade of the liturgical colour are the utmost in beauty. But that's me.

The EF and the OF, when celebrated well*, are [i]equal[/i] in grace and glory. The only thing under our influence is how we receive that.

*that disclaimer is getting tiresome.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903550' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:13 AM']The EF and the OF, when celebrated well*, are [i]equal[/i] in grace and glory. The only thing under our influence is how we receive that.

*that disclaimer is getting tiresome.[/quote]

I strongly feel that the prayers of the EF themselves are superior to the prayers of the OF.

VeniteAdoremus

Here I am taking 20 minutes to formulate it well and Ora steals my arguments!

I'm going back to revising for my quantum physics exam. He won't follow me there, at least.

:blowkiss:

yeah..
this thread hasn't turned into a "which Mass is better thread" at all.

Good job, Rexi!!!

It is precisely this division-sowing that I find so prevalent among many our traditional brethen, that will keep the OF from truly becoming the very epitome of beauty its advocates profess.

If what is above is the FRUIT of the EF, it may cause pause for many.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903553' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:16 AM']Here I am taking 20 minutes to formulate it well and Ora steals my arguments!

I'm going back to revising for my quantum physics exam. He won't follow me there, at least.

:blowkiss:[/quote]

Backup is always welcome!
But I'll leave any science stuff to you. Enjoy you quantum physics -shudders-

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1903552' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:16 PM']I strongly feel that the prayers of the EF themselves are superior to the prayers of the OF.[/quote]

Then it's best for you to go to the EF, because it will be more edifying to you.

And it's best for people who get lost in the lengthy EF formulations to go to the OF.

Lookies, everybody happy! :dance:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1903554' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:17 PM']yeah..
this thread hasn't turned into a "which Mass is better thread" at all.

Good job, Rexi!!!

It is precisely this division-sowing that I find so prevalent among many our traditional brethen, that will keep the OF from truly becoming the very epitome of beauty its advocates profess.

If what is above is the FRUIT of the EF, it may cause pause for many.[/quote]

What I find vaguely hilarious is that Res, Ora and I ALL prefer the EF. :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903557' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:19 AM']Then it's best for you to go to the EF, because it will be more edifying to you.

And it's best for people who get lost in the lengthy EF formulations to go to the OF.

Lookies, everybody happy! :dance:[/quote]

Soon many of the "lengthy formulations" present in the literal translations of the EF found in various hand-missals will be present in the approved English translation of the OF. :))

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903558' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:20 AM']What I find vaguely hilarious is that Res, Ora and I ALL prefer the EF. :)[/quote]

Wow... lol.

:)

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903558' date='Jun 28 2009, 09:20 AM']What I find vaguely hilarious is that Res, Ora and I ALL prefer the EF. :)[/quote]
traddies are WICKED funny!!!

:mellow:

:P

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1903568' date='Jun 28 2009, 06:31 PM']One a rad-trad, one a future nun and one a happily gay man.

What a strange mix we are.[/quote]

We should totally form a superhero team. It cannot be avoided.

(Now I hear Edna yelling "No scapulars!" and that makes me sad.)