An Old School Catholic Message Board

Morals Not From God

eagle_eye222001

the moral law is based on the Nature of God.

the moral law is eternal since it is based on God who is Eternity.

it is brilliant since it is based on Infinity.

it is written into intellect and will of human nature since man is created in image and likeness of God.

the moral law orders the intellect, will, and body of men since it is based on the the Procession of the Trinity.

the moral law has intrinsic validity, rock bottom reality, since it is rooted in God's essence.

the moral law leads men to eternal life since it is based on the life of the Trinity.

it is good since God is Goodness.

Edited by kafka

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1916920' date='Jul 10 2009, 07:38 PM']if an atheist recognizes God then [s]they are [/s] he is not an atheist.[/quote]
Can we cease the politically correct destruction of our language?

heavenseeker

[quote name='Winchester' post='1917004' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:46 PM']Can we cease the politically correct destruction of our language?[/quote]
will you quit marking up my post and editing it so that it says the same thing only using different words? and dont call me politically correct.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1916917' date='Jul 10 2009, 07:33 PM']Your opinion is noted. Unfortunately morality does not exist in your theology. In your theology God is made up concept just as morality is a made up concept to explain nature.[/quote]

I still dont get by what you mean by "our theology". Can you define what "our theology" is, and why all atheists must hold to it? Atheism isn't a theology, it's just a recognition your theology is wrong. Morality doesn't belong to Christianity theology, it belongs in the conscience of every human being and the collective conscience of every society. It just doesn't offer the cheesy rewads you think it will.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Winchester' post='1917004' date='Jul 10 2009, 07:46 PM']Can we cease the politically correct destruction of our language?[/quote]
That was acceptable usage of grammar.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1917256' date='Jul 11 2009, 07:54 AM']I still dont get by what you mean by "our theology". Can you define what "our theology" is, and why all atheists must hold to it? Atheism isn't a theology, it's just a recognition your theology is wrong. Morality doesn't belong to Christianity theology, it belongs in the conscience of every human being and the collective conscience of every society. It just doesn't offer the cheesy rewads you think it will.[/quote]

Then use the word doctrine for theology. In the doctrine of Atheism morality, good, evil, love and hate are superstitions. Love would not exist, save for biological chemical reactions in the brain and body. But what could be called poetic love, or what is commonly understood as love would be superstition, and nonexistent.

Morality, good, evil, love and hate do not belong to or in the doctrine of Atheism because they would be just as superstitious as God would be in that doctrine.

An atheist that believes in right and wrong is like a catholic that believes in pro-abortion. Both are completely contradictory to the doctrines they claim to hold.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1919511' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:31 AM']Then use the word doctrine for theology. In the doctrine of Atheism morality, good, evil, love and hate are superstitions. Love would not exist, save for biological chemical reactions in the brain and body. But what could be called poetic love, or what is commonly understood as love would be superstition, and nonexistent.

Morality, good, evil, love and hate do not belong to or in the doctrine of Atheism because they would be just as superstitious as God would be in that doctrine.

An atheist that believes in right and wrong is like a catholic that believes in pro-abortion. Both are completely contradictory to the doctrines they claim to hold.[/quote]

You still don't make sense. Love, hate, morality, good, evil, nice, bad, happy, sad all exist in the atheist "doctrine". You're right love is just a biological reaction but who's to say it isn't any different were a god too exist? Why do we need a gods "approval" for these things? These things exist with or without god, and the last care in the world is the biologicla processes of how they manifest.

So Bonkers are you the kind of atheist who does whatever you want without thinking about the consequences since there isn't a God, or are you the kind that is a Vegan who wants to make the most of every year of life since this is all you have?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1919559' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:18 PM']You still don't make sense. Love, hate, morality, good, evil, nice, bad, happy, sad all exist in the atheist "doctrine". You're right love is just a biological reaction but who's to say it isn't any different were a god too exist? Why do we need a gods "approval" for these things? These things exist with or without god, and the last care in the world is the biologicla processes of how they manifest.[/quote]

Outside what can be measured by the scientific method no they do not exist in the doctrine of atheism. If the do only in the realm of superstition, and mere subjective opinion. What science can measurement of 'love' and the common understanding of that belief are two very different things.

I'm not going to argue in anyway with you if God exist or not. Because such a debate would be pointless and fruitless to us both. You would not believe and I would waste my time.

I thought you could be intellectually honest with the belief system you claim to hold, aka doctrine, aka theology. But still you are unwilling to conclude the cold hard facts of your belief system. That your life is pointless and has no meaning what so ever. Other than to procreate and if you fail at that your existence would have been completely meaningless. But in the end if even if you do that does not really matter either. All you would have done is given another animal a pointless existence. No one loves you, you love no one, love is just as superstitious as God would be.

If a human being 'murders' another human being, that should make little difference to you. Without God man is just a mere animal, and when a animal terminates the biological functions of another it is only natures survival of the fittest playing itself out.

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

Also whatever fun there was in this it is now over. I will no longer respond to this thread. Again I thought you could be intellectually honest, clearly you can not. You wish to continue to hold on to something that is in atheistic doctrine contradictory and superstition. Perhaps one day you will come to one of two conclusions that you have been contradictory to atheism, or atheism is contradictory with reality.

The choice is yours I wish you good luck, your going to need it.

Peace!

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1919663' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:36 PM']So Bonkers are you the kind of atheist who does whatever you want without thinking about the consequences since there isn't a God, or are you the kind that is a Vegan who wants to make the most of every year of life since this is all you have?[/quote]

Consequences existr with or without god. Even atheists are burdened by conscience. I would say I like to make the most of life and live for the moment, but I am definitely no vegan.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1920475' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:35 AM']Would you mind talking about conscience from an atheist perspective?[/quote]

In what context?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='bonkers' post='1920484' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:01 AM']In what context?[/quote]
Whatever you'd like to say... but I was imagining something along the lines of the purpose and origin of conscience, its ultimate usefulness, etc. Whatever points you would want to get across.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1919677' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:42 PM']Outside what can be measured by the scientific method no they do not exist in the doctrine of atheism.[/quote]

You have no idea what you are talking about.