An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson Memorial

Seven77

kavalamyself

I am sorry but I do not think "a good father" shops for prescriptions, and overdoses in front of his children. I think the state or whoever is in charge should get those kids and put them in some kind of protective custody or care!

I'm sorry that he doesn't meet up to your expectations. No one is condoning the things he did, but I refuse to dwell on the negative and talk negativly about a man who is now dead. Does that not mean anything to you? To see his little girl cry? She loves and misses her daddy, and right now, she, along with Michael and his entire family, needs our prayers! I refuse to hate on him. Yes, some of the things he did were bizzare, but right now, he and his family need the love and tenderness of Christ, who loves them more than anything in the world.

Sorry if that bothers you :idontknow:

Edited by Selah

[quote name='Selah' post='1913756' date='Jul 7 2009, 03:31 PM']I cried. Yes, I admit it. When Paris broke down after talking about her daddy, I could feel my heart rip in two. I don't think people realize just how much he cared for his children. He would die for them. He loved them more than anything on earth. That's why this is so heartbreaking to me. :sadder:

You know, I understand y'all are getting sick of hearing about him. I know there's more news to be told. But for now, let's pay our respects and pray for Michael, his friends, his family, and most of all, his children. Because while we have lost a talented musician, they have lost family, and they need our prayers and the love of God.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
who says we haven't? and why does being disgusted at the spectacle that has become his death and burial mean we haven't paid our respects and prayed for his soul?

Lil Red, He was a huge mega superstar. What did you expect? This is America. We're obsessed with our celebrities.

Yes, the media needs to tone it down a couple of notches, but I'm so sick and tired of everyone dwelling on the negative. The poor man's dead. Let him rest in peace already. Because as weird as he was, he did a lot of good as well. He was a very charitable man and loved people very much. He was troubled, yes, but kind and talented. Dwell on those things.

Edited by Selah

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1913768' date='Jul 7 2009, 05:00 PM']+J.M.J.+
who says we haven't? and why does being disgusted at the spectacle that has become his death and burial mean we haven't paid our respects and prayed for his soul?[/quote]

think about it this way---the "spectacle" is a way of screaming out how much he needs prayers/continued prayers.

[quote name='Selah' post='1913772' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:04 PM']Lil Red, He was a huge mega superstar. What did you expect? This is America. We're obsessed with our celebrities.[/quote]i agree. :idontknow:

[quote name='Selah' post='1913772' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:04 PM']Yes, the media needs to tone it down a couple of notches, but I'm so sick and tired of everyone dwelling on the negative. The poor man's dead. Let him rest in peace already. Because as weird as he was, he did a lot of good as well. He was a very charitable man and loved people very much. He was troubled, yes, but kind and talented. Dwell on those things.[/quote]
i agree. :idontknow: i just don't agree that this very public spectacle his family (read: Joe Jackson) is turning his death into gives MJ any dignity at all. :idontknow:

[quote name='Seven77' post='1913784' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:17 PM']think about it this way---the "spectacle" is a way of screaming out how much he needs prayers/continued prayers.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i prayed for him for three days. :idontknow: is there a set time i have to continue to pray for him or can i move on to other people now? (i'm not trying to be intentionally snarky here, i promise.)

[quote]i agree. i just don't agree that this very public spectacle his family (read: Joe Jackson) is turning his death into gives MJ any dignity at all[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1913798' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:30 PM']I wonder if his kids were there when he died.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
dear Lord, i hope not. :ohno:

Catherine,

Jermaine and his neice and nephews (Michael's kids) did see their father as he lay there in the hospital. I think Jermaine is the one who decided to let them see him.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1913793' date='Jul 7 2009, 05:24 PM']+J.M.J.+
i prayed for him for three days. :idontknow: is there a set time i have to continue to pray for him or can i move on to other people now? (i'm not trying to be intentionally snarky here, i promise.)[/quote]

well...i know we can pray for more than one person at a time and for various durations. at any rate i didn't mean to single you out... i meant that perhaps the media coverage continues because he needs that much more prayer in general. i don't mean to imply that you personally haven't prayed enough for him.:)

I just hate how the media is acting like they're his best friend, as if they never called him "wacko" or mocked and ridiculed him...what a bunch of hypocrites. <_<