An Old School Catholic Message Board

There's A Lady Bug In My Room!

Selah

[url="http://www.homestarrunner.com/loadingscreens.html"]http://www.homestarrunner.com/loadingscreens.html[/url]

Wow, this was a risky move on the part of the Brothers Chaps, but yeah, great stuff. I remember some of these! :P

Kill it to prove you are a Napoleon. It worked well for Raskolnikov. :unsure:

He ended up finding true love in a Siberian labour camp.

So by killing the lady bug, unless my logic is incorrect, you too will find true love ^_^

Don't do it Selah!

Spare the little bug and love life!

What Hassan fails to point out is that it is through redemptive suffering after realizing that he is no Napoleon and confessing his crime that Raskolnikov is able to find the love he has for Sonya. For you killing the lady bug would be redundant. You have no Napoleonic delusions and are not a metaphorical spider.

Don't listen to either of them. Forget about the Lady Bug! She is in your past and you must not live in the past.

For as Selimovic said!

"We should kill our pasts with each passing day. Blot them out, so that they will not hurt. Each present day could thus be endured more easily, it would not be measured against what no longer exists. As things are, specters mix with our lives so that there is neither pure memory nor pure life. They clash and try to strangle each other, continually."

BY obsessing over this Lady Bug you refuse to confront the pure finitude which is the present. Only by destroying your past shall you be able to move beyond your lady bug fixation, overcome the moral indecisiveness that binds, and convince the Mufti to spare your brother's life!

Edited by Hassan

Selah, you must reconcile with the Lady Bug. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE?!
[i]

When Selah said, 'You are unjust, unfriendly, unloving, unfaithful and behave like a stranger"

The Lady Bug Laughed and replied, 'What I am I am! But you too are restless, impatient and far too eager!'[/i]

Darn it Selah! Why must you allow your conformity to the mores of the day to prevent you from saving the life of this little lady bug?!

O wretched Selah!. Will you all ever stop thinking like Selahs? You act according to destiny, which is determined by God, and you try to save justice and the world! How is it that you don't chock on such pompous words?! Can nothing be done by the will of man, without trying to save the world? Leave the world alone, for God's sake; it'll be better off without your concern. Do something for a Lady Bug whose first and last names you know, who also happens to be your sister, so she won't perish completely in the name of the justice that you uphold!