An Old School Catholic Message Board

There's A Lady Bug In My Room!

Selah

What is off topic anyway?

No subject exists in isolation. While the course of discussion may exceed the prescribed parameters of discussion as originally intended, it's not really off topic.

missionseeker

The Lady bug is a Catholic bug!

Farmers (i forget where) were having problems with aphids eating all the crops and so they prayed to Our Lady and then the red polka dotted bugs came and they named them lady bugs and never had too many aphids again.

:))

Well frankly, Hassan, you go too far. Simply because we cede holism that the actual paramaters of any particular topic are amorphous and perhapses cannot really be know definitively at any time, that doesn't mean that any statement that you make can be rationally connected back to the original topic.

Well perhaps if you confine the topic to a single plane of discussion, but that doesn't mean that the topic doesn't have other "layers". In fact by imposing a particular interpretation of various aspects of the topic, like what I see as the theme of the topic, for example, I can link any topic back to the original post. Hassan, your thinking is far too linear.

Well, that's your claim. Frankly I'm beginning to suspect you are just seeing how long you can hijack Selah's thread with an argument with yourself before you get bored.

Christie_M

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1914150' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:58 PM']The Lady bug is a Catholic bug!

Farmers (i forget where) were having problems with aphids eating all the crops and so they prayed to Our Lady and then the red polka dotted bugs came and they named them lady bugs and never had too many aphids again.

:))[/quote]

:lol:
i'm gonna draw a lady bug and put that story on the page somewhere. that's really cool.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1914156' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:04 AM']:lol:
i'm gonna draw a lady bug and put that story on the page somewhere. that's really cool.[/quote]

This thread is about the Lady Bug in Selah's room.

Please stay on topic.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1914155' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:03 AM']Well, that's your claim. Frankly I'm beginning to suspect you are just seeing how long you can hijack Selah's thread with an argument with yourself before you get bored.[/quote]

That's possible. But perhaps I had a different theme in mind, ran out of steam with it, and am now trying to turn attention away from that failed effort with a tedious tangent.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1914159' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:07 AM']That's possible. But perhaps I had a different theme in mind, ran out of steam with it, and am now trying to turn attention away from that failed effort with a tedious tangent.[/quote]

Possible, possible, possible. Everything is possible. You seem to at times simply find comfort in ambiguity.

Indecision like the indecision which seemed to have come into play with that dress that girl was wearing? I mean what was that?!