An Old School Catholic Message Board

Meeting People Online

Sojourner

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1919725' date='Jul 14 2009, 03:29 PM']Before I met him, HSdad and a college buddy of his took the bus from Wisconsin to Acapulco for spring break. It was Greyhound on the US side and something else on the Mexican side. I think by the time they got back on Greyhound, it was looking preeeeeetty spiffy.

Resists. urge. Don't. do. it.[/quote]
Do what?

[quote name='philothea' post='1919704' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:55 AM']I pretty much always meet online friends at big group gatherings. If nothing else, it's less pressure.[/quote]+J.M.J.+
definitely. plus if you don't like them, you can always say "oh we've got such-and-such workshop to go to." :mellow: not that [i][b]i've[/b][/i] ever done that.

Except for my husband, the only people I've met in person that I met first on the internet were the Florida Navy Moms. We got together for lunch once a month. They felt pretty safe though.

tinytherese

I'm transfering to BC soon and I'll get to meet some phatmassers there. I might have met a phatmasser without even knowing it last May when I attended a vocation retreat with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist. I found out later on PM that another phatmasser had attended as well, but I'm not sure if we ever talked to each other then.

franciscanheart

[quote name='rachael' post='1919868' date='Jul 14 2009, 02:42 PM']I've met dUSt and Laura.

dUSt <_<[/quote]
:love:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1919520' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:51 PM']+J.M.J.+
every phatmasser i've met has been at national conferences. :idontknow: at the phatmass booth. :mellow:[/quote]
:)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1919928' date='Jul 14 2009, 02:32 PM']:)[/quote]
ha ha, except cmom. because she's just that awesome. i actually did meet her at a conference, just not at the phatmass booth. she took me on a tour of pittsburgh! :love:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1919930' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:33 PM']ha ha, except cmom. because she's just that awesome. i actually did meet her at a conference, just not at the phatmass booth. she took me on a tour of pittsburgh! :love:[/quote]
Well we would have met at a phatmass booth, except they were not there. :(
We had fun touring you around Pgh :D and I still have copies of the pics you took of the cathedral. :love: :grouphug:

Proud2BCatholic139

One of my BFF is Zabbazoey and I met her in real life. :-)

God intended us to meet and be friends. :)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1919940' date='Jul 14 2009, 02:37 PM']Well we would have met at a phatmass booth, except they were not there. :(
We had fun touring you around Pgh :D and I still have copies of the pics you took of the cathedral. :love: :grouphug:[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:love: :blowkiss: