An Old School Catholic Message Board

Meeting People Online

Sojourner

I have met several people from online. I planned to meet up with one at Mass with my mom and siblings when I was in high school and it turned out to be the start of a good friendship. Others were a little more awkward and not really planned. Oh, and speaking of not being planned, as it turned out MissionSeeker is my lab partner in college. And I met Zunshynn when she came to visit the monastery I was in for the first time.

One thing I will say is that you should never forget that there really are a lot of creepers out there. I won't mention names, but there have been several Phatmassers whose dioceses have files on them because they are creepers.

If someone shows excessive interest in you from the start solely based on knowing you online, I would take that as a red flag. Seriously. Put yourself in their shoes and think about it: most of us would never want to engage in five different forms of communication with someone to get to know them better the first week we encounter them online. We take it gradually and cautiously. If someone appears not to have any inhibitions, in my experience, it's a bad sign.

Edited by Totus Tuus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='20 March 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1269105625' post='2076283']
I won't mention names, but there have been several Phatmassers whose dioceses have files on them because they are creepers. [/quote]

:shock: HUH???? :shock:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Norseman82' date='20 March 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1269106486' post='2076294']
:shock: HUH???? :shock:
[/quote]
I bet it's Zeezee. She always seemed shady to me. <_<

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 March 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1269108042' post='2076300']
I bet it's Zeezee. She always seemed shady to me. <_<
[/quote]

:bounce:

You're the one that encourages underaged individuals to drink, wants to hug everyone, flirts and torments unsuspecting women and hangs around the ladies' rest area.

:getaclue:

Edited by zunshynn

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' date='20 March 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1269108302' post='2076301']

You're the one that encourages underaged individuals to drink, wants to hug everyone, flirts and torments unsuspecting women and hangs around the ladies' rest area.

[/quote]
Wow, do you stalk my posts waiting for me to mention you? That was like..... two minutes.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='20 March 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1269108302' post='2076301']

[/quote]

JMJ
Amen, zunshynn. I call that creeper tendencies. And don't forget about the constant correcting of spelling and grammer. And it is really weird to even talk about it, because I think nihil is an obama computer program specifically designed to sniff out law abiding and moral Papists like ourselves. ;-)

dominicansoul

i met James and Sarah (Roamin' Catholic and MissScripture) recently, at their wedding!

Their folks kept telling close family members, "This is Patricia who met Sarah and James on the same website Sarah and James met on..." and others responded, "That must be some website..."

I loved what Sarah told her mom, "Mom, how weird is this, I have a friend here whom I never met, meeting me at my wedding to a guy I met online..." :lol:

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='20 March 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1269109656' post='2076314']
JMJ
Um... I don't have a problem woth underaged drinking, jst as long as it is not to excess...
[/quote]

They were being sarcastic, hon.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='20 March 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1269109559' post='2076312']
JMJ
Amen, zunshynn. I call that creeper tendencies. And don't forget about the constant correcting of spelling and grammer. And it is really weird to even talk about it, because I think nihil is an obama computer program specifically designed to sniff out law abiding and moral Papists like ourselves. ;-)
[/quote]
The authorities have been duly notified, comrade. :mellow:
[img]http://thedictar.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/fbi-van-with-satelite.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='20 March 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1269108373' post='2076302']
Wow, do you stalk my posts waiting for me to mention you? That was like..... two minutes.
[/quote]

You're so full of yourself. It was the top thread, I clicked on it, there was a comment about me, I commented. It was five minutes, anyway. YOU are the one that responded to ME a minute later.

Thy Geekdom Come

Everyone I've ever met online is creepy. :mellow: My wife included.

[img]http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Movies/Napoleon-Dynamite/La-Fawnduh.gif[/img]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' date='20 March 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1269123412' post='2076426']
You're so full of yourself. It was the top thread, I clicked on it, there was a comment about me, I commented. It was five minutes, anyway. YOU are the one that responded to ME a minute later.
[/quote]
If I didn't already feel so sorry for you because of your drinking problem, I'd say sooooooo many mean things right now. :annoyed: