An Old School Catholic Message Board

Meeting People Online

Sojourner

I've met Mammasboy, Kafka and Dallas.

I also met someone else online but not from phatmass. :)

But agreed on all counts guys. Public places, make sure someone knows where you are and has phone numbers.

I am not underage but I made sure my parents knew that I was meeting someone from online.

:)
Meg

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1919907' date='Jul 14 2009, 04:10 PM']And, if you meet Terra, don't forget to bring a helmet for the car ride ;)[/quote]
Hey, you lived!!

:P

:mellow:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1919907' date='Jul 14 2009, 04:10 PM']And, if you meet Terra, don't forget to bring a helmet for the car ride ;)[/quote]
Amen, Father!

You'll be happy to know that she now drives a tank. :mellow:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1920033' date='Jul 14 2009, 07:42 PM']Hey, you lived!!

:P

:mellow:[/quote]

"Oh, look, a truck" as I am inches away. So, I think a tank works perfect for you :)

Actually, the greatest number of people I have met online first and then later in person have been because of group rides posted online.

OK, THIS I gotta hear about!!!

princessgianna

I know someone who when she meets someone over the internet has a friend call 15 min into the "date". If things are going well she says "oh that's interesting can I call you back?" (date continues) or if things are going iffy " oh my goodness No! Yes I will be right over"! (hangs up and says "oh I am so sorry I really need to go...". (leaves and gets herself out of a "possible" iffy situation).

Smart in my opinion. :yes:

Vincent Vega

Never thought I'd see the day, but...
[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1919706' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:57 PM']I have unknowingly ran into a Phatmasser at someplace other than the EF before, though.[/quote]
I have unkowingly [b][i]RUN[/i][/b]...
The past participle of run is run. Ran is the simple past.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1920305' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:43 PM']Never thought I'd see the day, but...

I have unkowingly [b][i]RUN[/i][/b]...
The past participle of run is run. Ran is the preterite.[/quote]

You're right that I ought to have said "I have run".

The English language, however, doesn't have a preterite tense any more than it has deponent verbs.

It's called the simple past tense.

Edited by Resurrexi

Vincent Vega

I haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. That's what I said. :mellow:

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1919516' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:46 AM']Great advice. I agree on all counts.

Meeting people that you met online is certainly an interesting experience. NazFarmer and I talked online for 2-3 years before we met in person (we go to the same university), and we were just as crazy in real life as we were when we talked online. Still are, actually. When we hang out 1) no homework gets done, and 2) we like to count the number of strange looks people give us. But when we met, I wanted to make sure he wasn't a creeper, and so we found each other amidst a hundred other freshman.[/quote]
This is very true :yes: We are very crazy individuals and we act as we say online, lol! Although I'm not on here very much, so you don't really know me very well beyond my ninja like ability to disappear for months at a time...and then POW! I return! :ninja: The life of the ninja is indeed a marvelous thing.

But yes, I have met DtA in person, and I met her online first (obviously, as she stated), then teenybeenybuck, icelandic_iceskater, Bro.Adam, and Paddington last month when I went to a youth day up by where they live, although I met teenybeenybuck and icelandic_iceskater at their houses, outside...we'd been talking online for at least 3 years before this, but possibly could have been handled better :idontknow: And then I met my friend Meaghan through facebook a few months before we got to school (same university), and it just so happened that we were in the same small group type thingy one of the first nights we were at school, so that was pretty cool.

when rexi and I met up we had our parents talk to each other on the phone first. and I brought Maria_Faustina with me so I wasn't alone. and she had a car. so, yeah. precautions were taken.

when I met DtA we had talked online for at least a year before that, and several people I knew had met her.

NazFarmer, you met me, too. ^_^

I met Icelandic_Iceskater at a college visit. I had proof (kinda) that she was who she said she was, so i wasn't worried.

ilovechrist

i've met with several PMers before at Steubenville-Atlanta as well as the March for Life. thanks to one MFL encounter, a PMer very dear to me is now engaged to my best friend and looks to wed sometime next year! :clap:

• 8 months later...