An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Kind Of Catholic Are You?

Deus te Amat

What kind of Catholic are you?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

tinytherese

I'd love to attend an EF again but haven't been able to get to one in years. I used to be a renegade tradie though. It's not easy finding people that like the EF but are not radical about it. I've never been exposed to anything charismatically Catholic to know if I'd like it or not and as far as I know, there isn't a Life Teen group anywhere near I live for me to have an opinion on that either.

franciscanheart

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928444' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:24 PM']Just an ordinary one. Ordinary Form pew warmer.[/quote]
:) same

franciscanheart

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1928473' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:54 PM']Hmmm... I was looking for "faithful" as an option... I'll have to go back and look....

ETA: that can't be all the choices... I'm NOTA.[/quote]
same here. i think you're in the same boat with catherinem, ash wednesday, and me. :thumbsup:

I usually only attend EF Masses; however, I am interested in Eastern Liturgies and Reform-of-the-Reform OF Masses (i.e, ones that are as much like the EF as possible).

Marie-Therese

My mass is OF, no frills. We are a very small parish. I like it that way.

That said, I would be happy to see some concessions to use aspects of the EF and the OF to promote some unity in the Church. I think the Church needs a single liturgy.

In terms of the charismatic stuff, whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928444' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:24 PM']Just an ordinary one. Ordinary Form pew warmer.[/quote]
:thumbsup:

[quote name='Varg' post='1928452' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:34 PM']Other-Non Catholic :-P[/quote]
:hehe:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1928473' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:54 PM']Hmmm... I was looking for "faithful" as an option... I'll have to go back and look....

ETA: that can't be all the choices... I'm NOTA.[/quote]
NOTA? :unsure:

princessgianna

I picked Traditional Catholic with a few Charasmatics. It seemed most fitting. Everything with a balance.

Edited by princessgianna

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1928424' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:58 PM']I was just curious as to the spiritual make up of Phatmassers... How do you worship best? And why?[/quote]

I think a balance is necessary.

I voted traditional with some charismatic, but I'd have to agree that as long as it's faithful it works for me. I think all licit and faithful forms of the Mass are beautiful in their own way and I enjoy them all.

I went to an EF Mass for the first time ever this past week, it was pretty cool. My favorite part was kneeling to receive communion before the sanctuary (there wasn't an altar rail), it was so contemplative and peaceful to be able to compose myself for receiving Our Lord.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928498' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:38 PM']I usually only attend EF Masses; however, I am interested in Eastern Liturgies and Reform-of-the-Reform OF Masses (i.e, ones that are as much like the EF as possible).[/quote]
Hey, we're in the same boat!!

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1928531' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:01 PM']...
In terms of the charismatic stuff, whatever blows your hair back, I guess.[/quote]
lawl. I like that. Mind if I use that?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928765' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:07 PM']This poll excludes Eastern Catholics.

:ohno:[/quote]
:shock: I just realised that! Hope Apo doesn't feel left out... but I guess he could just mash the "other" button and give his say.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928444' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:24 PM']Just an ordinary one. Ordinary Form pew warmer.[/quote]

Yeppers

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928444' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:24 PM']Just an ordinary one. Ordinary Form pew warmer.[/quote]

ditto.

Vincent Vega

I suppose I'm more traditional than charismatic, but I don't really do anything expressly charismatic (or traditional, for that matter).

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1928856' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:14 PM']I suppose I'm more traditional than charismatic, but I don't really do anything expressly charismatic (or traditional, for that matter).[/quote]

You don't pray the Our Father, the Hail Mary, or the Apostles' Creed?

Those prayers are very traditional.