An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Kind Of Catholic Are You?

Deus te Amat

What kind of Catholic are you?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

I refuse to consider myself either charismatic or traditional.

I consider myself Roman Catholic with moderate traditional tendencies.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928861' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:17 PM']You don't pray the Our Father, the Hail Mary, or the Apostles' Creed?

Those prayers are very traditional.[/quote]
I mean things like going to EF or High masses, praying the Office/Angelus/etc., things of this nature.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1928815' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:30 PM']lawl. I like that. Mind if I use that?[/quote]

Feel free to pilfer at will. :D

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1928908' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:42 PM']I refuse to consider myself either charismatic or traditional.

I consider myself Roman Catholic with moderate traditional tendencies.[/quote]

:yes:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928444' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:24 PM']Just an ordinary one. Ordinary Form pew warmer.[/quote]

Surprised this wasn't an answer.

[quote name='Varg' post='1928452' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:34 PM']Other-Non Catholic :-P[/quote]

What's funny is I picked "Other" as well. :lol: Probably should have been an option for non-Catholics.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1928473' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:54 PM']Hmmm... I was looking for "faithful" as an option... I'll have to go back and look....

ETA: that can't be all the choices... I'm NOTA.[/quote]

Me too.

I consider myself to be a faithful Roman Catholic. :sword:

I attend both the EF and the Novus Ordo Mass and find both good as long as they are celebrated correctly.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/the+blitz%2c+1940"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The Blitz, 1940[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1928919' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:47 PM']things like going to EF or High masses[/quote]

High Masses are EF Masses.

The OF has no distinction between High Mass and Low Mass like the EF does.

:)

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1928962' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:04 PM']what type of Catholic am I?

the handsome type.

:mellow:[/quote]

Same here!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1928908' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:42 PM']I refuse to consider myself either charismatic or traditional.

I consider myself Roman Catholic with moderate traditional tendencies.[/quote]
ditto.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928955' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:01 AM']High Masses are EF Masses.[/quote]

The local EF is always a Low Mass.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1929060' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:41 PM']The local EF is always a Low Mass.[/quote]

Both High Masses (Missae Cantatae) and Low Masses (Missae Lectae) are EF Masses.

(Pontifical Masses (Missae Pontificales) and Solemn High Masses (Missae Solemnes) are EF Masses too.)

USAirways seemed to be distinguishing High Mass from the EF Mass in his post, so I was trying to let him know that High Mass is not different from the EF Mass.

Edited by Resurrexi

Archaeology cat

Under these choices, I'm an "other". I'm very traditional and would love to have the ordinary in Latin and Gregorian chant and the like. I attend the OF.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1929277' date='Jul 23 2009, 05:16 AM']I'm very traditional and would love to have the ordinary in Latin and Gregorian chant and the like.[/quote]

[url="http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2009/05/reform-of-reform-looking-ahead.html"]Reform of the Reform[/url] FTW! :)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1929279' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:25 AM'][url="http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2009/05/reform-of-reform-looking-ahead.html"]Reform of the Reform[/url] FTW! :)[/quote]
Thanks for the link. :) The Cathedral has a traditional OF with the Latin ordinary and Gregorian chant. Now they just need an altar rail and to celebrate [i]ad orientem[/i]. ;)

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1928424' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:58 PM']I was just curious as to the spiritual make up of Phatmassers... How do you worship best? And why?[/quote]

You forgot lapsed/apostate :unsure: