zunshynn Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 (edited) Why did you pick the SN you have? Mine actually is not a very interesting story. zunshynn was the sn I picked in high school, and I just picked it because... well... I don't really know. But the z is because I'm a little zany, and I'm also shy. So yeah... but something ironic about it, is that Deacon Bill Steltemeier started calling me Sr. Sunshine when I was an extern sister at OLAM. I guess because I was always always smiling when he saw me? Which is kind of funny because everyone smiles when they see Deacon Bill... you can't help it! And after that, some of the nuns nicknamed this random "dance" that I do the "Sunshine Dance"... it's really not a dance it's just a spontaneous... something... I have no sense of rhythm. Actually, the sunshine dance looks a little bit like these combined, with an occasional disco move. Scary, I know. Kind of odd, but I don't actually use the sn for anything else anymore. Edited July 24, 2009 by zunshynn
Marie-Therese Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Mine's my confirmation name. Pretty boring. LOL
heavenseeker Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 i just tried to think of something religious and creative when i joined
KnightofChrist Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 I've always liked knights, from Knight Rider to Knights of Columbus. My Devotion to Christ is most important.
Hassan Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Mine's from Mesa Selimovic's magnum opus "Death and the Dervish". Hassan is the counterweight to Sheikh Ahmed Nuruddin.
CatherineM Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 I have trouble remembering screen names, so I couldn't be too inventive.
InHisLove726 Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 (edited) My screename comes from my personal devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus which emits rays of mercy and forgiveness to the world. And also from this quote from the Bible, which is often used as the Gospel message on the Feast of the Sacred Heart : [i]At that time Jesus said to his followers: As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and live [b]in his love[/b]. All this I tell you that my joy may be yours and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you. There is no greater love than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer speak of you as slaves, for a slave does not know what his master is about. Instead, I call you friends, since I have made known to you all that I heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you to go forth and bear fruit. Your fruit must endure, so that all you ask the Father in my name he will give you. The command I give you is this, that you love one another.[/i] (John 15:9-17) Oh, and the "726" is my birthday! Yep, 2 more days!!! Edited July 24, 2009 by InHisLove726
jiyoung Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Mine's my Korean name, and also my middle name--I used to think my Korean name was way cooler than my first name (Clara), so I would use it for a lot of stuff. It's interesting hearing people try to pronounce it because the consonants are much softer than their English counterparts. But yeah--Ji stands for ji-hae, which means intelligence, and Young for young-won, which is eternity.
Archaeology cat Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 I was a field archaeologist, and I like cats.
jmjtina Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 LOL, Father Cappie! I honestly didn't know why "cappie" was your sn. as for me, JMJ= Jesus Mary Joseph hence, jmjtina I grew up in Catholic schools so everything started with JMJ.
Didacus Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Mine is my middle name, which is the name of my God-Father.
LouisvilleFan Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 I'm a Univ. of Louisville Cardinal fan and I also enjoy the Louisville Metropolitan Area, especially the local music and arts culture; Louisville's history along with the Bardstown area, all of which has historical ties to Catholicism; being here with a lot of hippie/liberal types, most of whom are descendents of said Catholic heritage; local beer, coffee, and bourbon (mmm... bourbon barrel and coffee stouts... delicious!); the Louisville Bats AAA club; and being here by the river.
mcts Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 mine are my initials if you include my confirmation name. if I could rename myself now, it would be "ave crux" or something like that
zunshynn Posted July 24, 2009 Author Posted July 24, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1930537' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:40 AM']Shouldn't this be in the lame board?[/quote] I didn't think so... it's kind of a way of getting to know each other, and not everyone would see it if it was in the lame board. But the mods can move it or close it if they think its spammish.
Lilllabettt Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 My real name is Elizabeth. When I was little I couldn't pronounce it, so I'd say something like Lilllabettt. There are three l's in the middle and three t's because if you say it out loud, it makes a poem: L, i, triple l, b, e, triple t. I use it for my email account to, and people are always asking me to spell it. So I like that it rhymes.
philothea Posted July 24, 2009 Posted July 24, 2009 Philothea means "lover of God" in Greek. St. Francis de Sales addressed his instructions to his fictional directee, "Philothea" throughout [i]Introduction to the Devout Life[/i]. (Some modern translations have edited that out.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now