An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Does Your Sn Mean?

zunshynn

Why did you pick the SN you have?

Mine actually is not a very interesting story. zunshynn was the sn I picked in high school, and I just picked it because... well... I don't really know. But the z is because I'm a little zany, and I'm also shy.

So yeah... but something ironic about it, is that Deacon Bill Steltemeier started calling me Sr. Sunshine when I was an extern sister at OLAM. I guess because I was always always smiling when he saw me? :idontknow: Which is kind of funny because everyone smiles when they see Deacon Bill... you can't help it! :lol:

And after that, some of the nuns nicknamed this random "dance" that I do the "Sunshine Dance"... it's really not a dance it's just a spontaneous... something... I have no sense of rhythm. Actually, the sunshine dance looks a little bit like these :dance: :kicking: :yahoo: combined, with an occasional disco move. Scary, I know.

Kind of odd, but I don't actually use the sn for anything else anymore.

Edited by zunshynn

KnightofChrist

I've always liked knights, from Knight Rider to Knights of Columbus. My Devotion to Christ is most important.

Mine's from Mesa Selimovic's magnum opus "Death and the Dervish".

Hassan is the counterweight to Sheikh Ahmed Nuruddin.

InHisLove726

My screename comes from my personal devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus which emits rays of mercy and forgiveness to the world. :D

And also from this quote from the Bible, which is often used as the Gospel message on the Feast of the Sacred Heart ;):

[i]At that time Jesus said to his followers: As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and live [b]in his love[/b]. All this I tell you that my joy may be yours and your joy may be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you. There is no greater love than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. I no longer speak of you as slaves, for a slave does not know what his master is about. Instead, I call you friends, since I have made known to you all that I heard from my Father. It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you to go forth and bear fruit. Your fruit must endure, so that all you ask the Father in my name he will give you. The command I give you is this, that you love one another.[/i] (John 15:9-17)

Oh, and the "726" is my birthday! Yep, 2 more days!!!

Edited by InHisLove726

Mine's my Korean name, and also my middle name--I used to think my Korean name was way cooler than my first name (Clara), so I would use it for a lot of stuff. It's interesting hearing people try to pronounce it because the consonants are much softer than their English counterparts. But yeah--Ji stands for ji-hae, which means intelligence, and Young for young-won, which is eternity.

LOL, Father Cappie! I honestly didn't know why "cappie" was your sn.

as for me,

JMJ= Jesus Mary Joseph

hence, jmjtina

I grew up in Catholic schools so everything started with JMJ. ;)

LouisvilleFan

I'm a Univ. of Louisville Cardinal fan and I also enjoy the Louisville Metropolitan Area, especially the local music and arts culture; Louisville's history along with the Bardstown area, all of which has historical ties to Catholicism; being here with a lot of hippie/liberal types, most of whom are descendents of said Catholic heritage; local beer, coffee, and bourbon (mmm... bourbon barrel and coffee stouts... delicious!); the Louisville Bats AAA club; and being here by the river.