Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Kitty' post='1930446' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:12 AM']I like kitties.[/quote]:smokey:

[quote name='Hilde' post='1930504' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:06 AM']It's my name. That's why. :mellow:[/quote]that's a good reason.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930551' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:10 AM']I didn't think so... it's kind of a way of getting to know each other, and not everyone would see it if it was in the lame board. But the mods can move it or close it if they think its spammish.[/quote]
i think it's great. these kind of threads definitely belong in open mic. ;)

umm, i've actually had three sn's. if you look up old threads you'll see it. but first it was my license plate + my email address, then just my license plate, and now it got shortened to just Lil Red. ;) i'm not really little, but i do have red hair.

hoosieranna
Posted

hope

icelandic_iceskater
Posted

[quote name='Didacus' post='1930502' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:53 AM']Mine is my middle name, which is the name of my God-Father.[/quote]
ooh, sweet name!
[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1930787' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:56 PM']hope[/quote]
that's pretty kewl. What language?


Mine has something to do with the faint sliver of Icelandic in me, and I used to skate bunches. Both are kinda irrelevant now (err... and the Icelandic was then too), but it works.

Deus te Amat
Posted

My sn means God Loves You.

I think it's a great little reminder. It often reminds me of that truth when I need it. :)

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

Mine means "come let us adore" :)

From one of my favourite hymns, the "Adeste Fidelis" ("Oh Come all ye Faithful") which we actually sing in Latin over here just because [i]we're that cool[/i].

I think Adoration should be an integral part of both each individual Christian's life, and of our communities. There should be perpetual adoration in every parish, every school, and every hospital!

Posted

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1930987' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:51 PM']I think Adoration should be an integral part of both each individual Christian's life, and of our communities. There should be perpetual adoration in every parish, every school, and every hospital![/quote]

Oh, it's wonderful to imagine what that would be like. One hour of Adoration was enough to hook me for life, more or less.

My name? Missy has been my nickname since I was seven. P is my last initial, and '89 is the year I was born. Not very creative, but it sums me up, that's for sure. :)

Posted

For me it's the counterpart of a far better known sn I'm under. BG stands for the Bene Gesserit of Frank Herbert's [u]Dune[/u] series. 45 is random and at the end of all my screennames.

Spoiler for Missy's sake as she's reading the novels:
[spoiler]The Bene Gesserit for thousands upon thousands of years thought they were manipulating religions to give themselves ultimate power. The entire time however, they themselves were being used by a higher power to ensure the survival of humanity. It's a nice reminder, God trumps me.[/spoiler]

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

[quote name='BG45' post='1931045' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:17 AM']For me it's the counterpart of a far better known sn I'm under. BG stands for the Bene Gesserit of Frank Herbert's [u]Dune[/u] series. 45 is random and at the end of all my screennames.[/quote]

I do not say this easily, but:

I bow before your superior nerdiness.

Posted

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930425' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:27 AM']Why did you pick the SN you have?

Mine actually is not a very interesting story. zunshynn was the sn I picked in high school, and I just picked it because... well... I don't really know. But the z is because I'm a little zany, and I'm also shy.

So yeah... but something ironic about it, is that Deacon Bill Steltemeier started calling me Sr. Sunshine when I was an extern sister at OLAM. I guess because I was always always smiling when he saw me? :idontknow: Which is kind of funny because everyone smiles when they see Deacon Bill... you can't help it! :lol:

And after that, some of the nuns nicknamed this random "dance" that I do the "Sunshine Dance"... it's really not a dance it's just a spontaneous... something... I have no sense of rhythm. Actually, the sunshine dance looks a little bit like these :dance: :kicking: :yahoo: combined, with an occasional disco move. Scary, I know.

Kind of odd, but I don't actually use the sn for anything else anymore.[/quote]
my sister was an extern at OLAM. i picked mine because it was easy to remember and i didnt want my future enemies to forget it! :ninja:

Posted

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1931048' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:20 PM']I do not say this easily, but:

I bow before your superior nerdiness.[/quote]

:mellow: Thanks...I think...

eagle_eye222001
Posted

I'm an eagle and number 222001.

Seriously, I picked eagle_eye as a username on yahoo to play chess and when I asked for eagle_eye, one of the choices it returned was eagle_eye222001. I try to keep all my usernames the same or very similar so it's easy to remember them. If you run into an eagle_eye222001 or something very close, chances are it's me.

I picked eagle_eye originally since I was going to play chess and I wanted an appropriate name to reflect superiority in some fashion. Basically to strike fear in my opponents. Don't know if it really worked.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/evacuating+london"]Harry Gregson-Williams - Evacuating London[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1931130' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:17 PM']I'm an eagle and number 222001.

Seriously, I picked eagle_eye as a username on yahoo to play chess and when I asked for eagle_eye, one of the choices it returned was eagle_eye222001. I try to keep all my usernames the same or very similar so it's easy to remember them. If you run into an eagle_eye222001 or something very close, chances are it's me.

I picked eagle_eye originally since I was going to play chess and I wanted an appropriate name to reflect superiority in some fashion. Basically to strike fear in my opponents. Don't know if it really worked.[/quote]

That. Is. Hysterical. :lol_pound:

kidneythief
Posted

well... one day Joe (nazfarmer) accused me of having a death wish against him... and I said yes, I wanted to steal his kidneys and sell them on the black market. and now it has turned into a very long joke that has lasted for many months- and he told me that this should be my username :P

Posted

[quote name='kidneythief' post='1931383' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:00 AM']well... one day Joe (nazfarmer) accused me of having a death wish against him... and I said yes, I wanted to steal his kidneys and sell them on the black market. and now it has turned into a very long joke that has lasted for many months- and he told me that this should be my username :P[/quote]

I hoped you would post here when I noticed you lurking. I thought, there must be a good story behind that guy's sn. :lol:

:welcome:

Fr. Antony Maria OSB
Posted

[quote name='kidneythief' post='1931383' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:00 AM']well... one day Joe (nazfarmer) accused me of having a death wish against him... and I said yes, I wanted to steal his kidneys and sell them on the black market. and now it has turned into a very long joke that has lasted for many months- and he told me that this should be my username :P[/quote]
This is the truth :yes:

oh, and I ran screaming from Emily's car because she is so terrifying...she left that part out.

kidneythief
Posted

yes, and he scared half the campus

piano_freak184
Posted

i like piano, and my sister always calls me a freak.

Fr. Antony Maria OSB
Posted

[quote name='kidneythief' post='1931391' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:04 AM']yes, and he scared half the campus[/quote]
you scare the whole campus on a daily basis :P

kidneythief
Posted

not as much as you do with your hair :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...