An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Does Your Sn Mean?

zunshynn

mine are my initials if you include my confirmation name.

if I could rename myself now, it would be "ave crux" or something like that

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1930537' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:40 AM']Shouldn't this be in the lame board?[/quote]

I didn't think so... it's kind of a way of getting to know each other, and not everyone would see it if it was in the lame board. But the mods can move it or close it if they think its spammish.

Lilllabettt

My real name is Elizabeth. When I was little I couldn't pronounce it, so I'd say something like Lilllabettt.

There are three l's in the middle and three t's because if you say it out loud, it makes a poem:
L, i, triple l, b, e, triple t.

I use it for my email account to, and people are always asking me to spell it. So I like that it rhymes.

Philothea means "lover of God" in Greek.

St. Francis de Sales addressed his instructions to his fictional directee, "Philothea" throughout [i]Introduction to the Devout Life[/i]. (Some modern translations have edited that out.)

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Kitty' post='1930446' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:12 AM']I like kitties.[/quote]:smokey:

[quote name='Hilde' post='1930504' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:06 AM']It's my name. That's why. :mellow:[/quote]that's a good reason.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930551' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:10 AM']I didn't think so... it's kind of a way of getting to know each other, and not everyone would see it if it was in the lame board. But the mods can move it or close it if they think its spammish.[/quote]
i think it's great. these kind of threads definitely belong in open mic. ;)

umm, i've actually had three sn's. if you look up old threads you'll see it. but first it was my license plate + my email address, then just my license plate, and now it got shortened to just Lil Red. ;) i'm not really little, but i do have red hair.

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Didacus' post='1930502' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:53 AM']Mine is my middle name, which is the name of my God-Father.[/quote]
ooh, sweet name!
[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1930787' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:56 PM']hope[/quote]
that's pretty kewl. What language?

Mine has something to do with the faint sliver of Icelandic in me, and I used to skate bunches. Both are kinda irrelevant now (err... and the Icelandic was then too), but it works.

Deus te Amat

My sn means God Loves You.

I think it's a great little reminder. It often reminds me of that truth when I need it. :)

VeniteAdoremus

Mine means "come let us adore" :)

From one of my favourite hymns, the "Adeste Fidelis" ("Oh Come all ye Faithful") which we actually sing in Latin over here just because [i]we're that cool[/i].

I think Adoration should be an integral part of both each individual Christian's life, and of our communities. There should be perpetual adoration in every parish, every school, and every hospital!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1930987' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:51 PM']I think Adoration should be an integral part of both each individual Christian's life, and of our communities. There should be perpetual adoration in every parish, every school, and every hospital![/quote]

Oh, it's wonderful to imagine what that would be like. One hour of Adoration was enough to hook me for life, more or less.

My name? Missy has been my nickname since I was seven. P is my last initial, and '89 is the year I was born. Not very creative, but it sums me up, that's for sure. :)

For me it's the counterpart of a far better known sn I'm under. BG stands for the Bene Gesserit of Frank Herbert's [u]Dune[/u] series. 45 is random and at the end of all my screennames.

Spoiler for Missy's sake as she's reading the novels:
[spoiler]The Bene Gesserit for thousands upon thousands of years thought they were manipulating religions to give themselves ultimate power. The entire time however, they themselves were being used by a higher power to ensure the survival of humanity. It's a nice reminder, God trumps me.[/spoiler]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='BG45' post='1931045' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:17 AM']For me it's the counterpart of a far better known sn I'm under. BG stands for the Bene Gesserit of Frank Herbert's [u]Dune[/u] series. 45 is random and at the end of all my screennames.[/quote]

I do not say this easily, but:

I bow before your superior nerdiness.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930425' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:27 AM']Why did you pick the SN you have?

Mine actually is not a very interesting story. zunshynn was the sn I picked in high school, and I just picked it because... well... I don't really know. But the z is because I'm a little zany, and I'm also shy.

So yeah... but something ironic about it, is that Deacon Bill Steltemeier started calling me Sr. Sunshine when I was an extern sister at OLAM. I guess because I was always always smiling when he saw me? :idontknow: Which is kind of funny because everyone smiles when they see Deacon Bill... you can't help it! :lol:

And after that, some of the nuns nicknamed this random "dance" that I do the "Sunshine Dance"... it's really not a dance it's just a spontaneous... something... I have no sense of rhythm. Actually, the sunshine dance looks a little bit like these :dance: :kicking: :yahoo: combined, with an occasional disco move. Scary, I know.

Kind of odd, but I don't actually use the sn for anything else anymore.[/quote]
my sister was an extern at OLAM. i picked mine because it was easy to remember and i didnt want my future enemies to forget it! :ninja:

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1931048' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:20 PM']I do not say this easily, but:

I bow before your superior nerdiness.[/quote]

:mellow: Thanks...I think...