An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hookahs?

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

I think that if I went, I wouldn't smoke. I have issues with Tobacco.

But would it make me sick? Probably. Is it worth it to hang out with these friends? I'm not sure...

[quote name='Varg' post='1936813' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:41 PM']So the whole things just basically a really fancy and cumbersome fag?[/quote]

No. The tobacco is flavored and it's a water pipe.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1936815' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:41 PM']I think that if I went, I wouldn't smoke. I have issues with Tobacco.

But would it make me sick? Probably. Is it worth it to hang out with these friends? I'm not sure...[/quote]
it's up to you. you could always go and leave if it starts bothering you. :idontknow:

Edited by rachael

Deus te Amat

I don't have a car... I'd be catching a ride with two others. If I left, they'd have to leave, and then half of us would be gone. That would be rude of me.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1936817' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:42 PM']No. The tobacco is flavored and it's a water pipe.[/quote]Cool...Might have to try this some day. What does it taste like? Or are there different flavours?

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1936815' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:41 PM']I think that if I went, I wouldn't smoke. I have issues with Tobacco.

But would it make me sick? Probably. Is it worth it to hang out with these friends? I'm not sure...[/quote]

Well just remember that if they are your friends their friendship won't be contingent on their ability to tolerate Hookah smoke. It's good to try new things with new people. Go, try it (start with small puffs) if it makes you feel ill (or if you don't feel comftorable, find out what sort of Hookah bar it is) don't try it again. See if a friend will be around who can give you a ride if you arn't enjoying yourself and need to go.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1936817' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:42 PM']No. The tobacco is flavored and it's a water pipe.[/quote]

That sounds disgusting.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936823' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:46 PM']Cool...Might have to try this some day. What does it taste like? Or are there different flavours?[/quote]
endless flavor possibilities. i enjoyed orange and vanilla together. it tasted like a creamsicle.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936823' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:46 PM']Cool...Might have to try this some day. What does it taste like? Or are there different flavours?[/quote]

Yeah. They have all sorts of different flavors. It's good, I'd recommend trying it sometime.

[quote name='rachael' post='1936826' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:48 PM']endless flavor possibilities. i enjoyed orange and vanilla together. it tasted like a creamsicle.[/quote]I /need/ to try this!

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/BRAND-GENIE-SHISHA-PIPE-HOOKAH/dp/B001B0R0F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249073214&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/BRAND-GENIE-SHISHA...3214&sr=8-1[/url]

You really can buy everything off Amazon! :lol_roll:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1936824' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:47 PM']Well just remember that if they are your friends their friendship won't be contingent on their ability to tolerate Hookah smoke. It's good to try new things with new people. Go, try it (start with small puffs) if it makes you feel ill (or if you don't feel comftorable, find out what sort of Hookah bar it is) don't try it again. See if a friend will be around who can give you a ride if you arn't enjoying yourself and need to go.[/quote]

I don't do things just because my friends do. Especially if I'm not initially comfortable with it. I really have issues with tobacco. It's a long story.

But thank you for the advice.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1936822' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:45 PM']I don't have a car... I'd be catching a ride with two others. If I left, they'd have to leave, and then half of us would be gone. That would be rude of me.[/quote]

Can you catch a bus?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1936834' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:52 PM']Can you catch a bus?[/quote]
if she doesn't want to go, she doesn't want to go. :unsure: