An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hookahs?

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1936833' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:52 PM']I don't do things just because my friends do. Especially if I'm not initially comfortable with it. I really have issues with tobacco. It's a long story.

But thank you for the advice.[/quote]

I don't know what to say. If you can't do anything with tobacco then they Catholic perspective on the matter doesn't matter much does it? The bar is going to be pretty think with tobacco smoke. If you have serious problems with tobacco and you won't have a way to get out without causing problems for your friends then I think you have a pretty clear answer.

i like cherry vanilla.

the smoke is alot lighter than cigarette smoke, and is nothing like incense.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1936837' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:56 PM']Yeah, really. Don't pressure the DtA.[/quote]

I'm not pressuring her, in fact I told her to remember that if they were really her friends that friendship wouldn't be contingent on her smoking a hookah. She sounded like she wanted to get, because she wanted to hand out with friends, but was worried about causing them a problem if the smoke caused her problems. I asked her if she could catch a bus. That's not pressuring. Nor would I try to pressure someone to do something like that they were uncomftorable with.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936846' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:03 PM']I thought America had a smoking ban?[/quote]

There's a smoking ban for those under eighteen.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936846' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:03 PM']I thought America had a smoking ban?[/quote]
oh, honey.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1936839' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:56 PM']i like cherry vanilla.

the smoke is alot lighter than cigarette smoke, and is nothing like incense.[/quote]

That's why I like it.

I wish there was more information in on its impact on health. That's one reason I do it less than I would like.

You should know more about the United States.

We [i]are[/i] the greatest nation on earth (after the Vatican and Malta).

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1936847' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:05 PM']There's a smoking ban for those under eighteen.[/quote]Well, that's obvious :-P

When I say smoking ban I don't mean like a complete ban on smoking I mean a ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces

In NC they do. In public places anyway. In fact I think a lot of Hookah bars are in trouble from the ban.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1936851' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:06 PM']We [i]are[/i] the greatest nation on earth (after the Vatican and Malta).[/quote]

And China.

GLORY TO THE RED EMPIRE!!! :japanese:

CA is the same way.

you couldnt smoke in the bars, so all the bars made patios.

now people are saying when you open the door, some smoke comes in... so they are banning the outside smoking areas too.

In Camarillo, CA it is illegal to smoke anywhere, including outside, except in your house.

The good thing about a hookah bar is a lot of time they are attached to a Lebanese or Greek restaurant. Yummy.

I just went to a hookah lounge last week and had a great time. I don't smoke, but I did smoke the hookahs (we had three of them). One was a watermelon hookah with ice and fresh watermelon inside. The other was a grape, and the third was peach apricot something or other.

It's not like smoking a cigar or cigarette, as the smoke is a lot lighter, without a heavy tobacco taste. Basically, you're sucking in fruit flavored smoke. It doesn't get you high. If you wanna take part, but not use to smoking, just smoke it without inhaling. That way, you can at least taste the flavor, and have a good time with your friends.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1936864' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:10 PM']The good thing about a hookah bar is a lot of time they are attached to a Lebanese or Greek restaurant. Yummy.

I just went to a hookah lounge last week and had a great time. I don't smoke, but I did smoke the hookahs (we had three of them). One was a watermelon hookah with ice and fresh watermelon inside. The other was a grape, and the third was peach apricot something or other.

It's not like smoking a cigar or cigarette, as the smoke is a lot lighter, without a heavy tobacco taste. Basically, you're sucking in fruit flavored smoke. It doesn't get you high. If you wanna take part, but not use to smoking, just smoke it without inhaling. That way, you can at least taste the flavor, and have a good time with your friends.[/quote]
Fresh fruit in yours?

I'm jealous. <_<

I need to call Andrew, he owns his own. :mellow:

Edited by rachael