An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fill Up My Cup

Hassan

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938365' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:17 PM']And HOW can I keep it lame when EVERY TIME I USE YIDDISH these degenerates take it as a license to unlame my thread?!?!??!![/quote]

Spell the Yiddish correctly. :D

And you should definitely be way more flippant. When you get even the teeniest bit serious, things go horribly awry.

Let's get back to the drinkin'.

:cheers:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938356' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:06 PM']I tend to agree with Hassan on this point in general...not all aspects of the original covenant are applicable to the Church as a whole, i.e. the dietary laws.[/quote]

The dietary laws are not applicable to [i]anyone[/i].

"It [the Holy Roman Church] firmly believes, professes, and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosiac law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to the divine worship at that time, after our Lord's coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation." (The Ecumenical Council of Florence: Denzinger-Schonmetzer 1348)

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1938361' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:13 PM']let's try to lame it up here people.

thanks.[/quote]

Sorry. I will make a thread in the Debate Table.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938369' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:20 PM']Spell the Yiddish correctly. :D[/quote]

You've got a lot of chutzpah to say that to me <_<

I don't think Chutzpah is Yiddish though, that might hurt the joke :unsure:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938371' date='Aug 1 2009, 08:23 PM']Sorry. I will make a thread in the Debate Table.[/quote]

I decided to bump a great old thread instead, for anyone who is interested.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938381' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:39 PM']You've got a lot of chutzpah to say that to me <_<[/quote]

Chutzpah is as chutzpah does.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938381' date='Aug 1 2009, 09:39 PM']I don't think Chutzpah is Yiddish though, that might hurt the joke :unsure:[/quote]

Fear not, it is both Hebrew and Yiddish. You are safe.