IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 Forget the guitar. You should take up the lute. [img]http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/animas/lute/lute1.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1944049' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:19 AM']The piano is just a really big guitar.[/quote] a piano is a percussion instrument.
pat22 Posted August 9, 2009 Author Posted August 9, 2009 I DONT HAVE THE DOUGH FOR THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!! is this one any better JL? [url="http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Electric-Guitar-Hardware/dp/B0018TK8G8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1249852662&sr=8-14"]http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Ele...662&sr=8-14[/url]
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 Save up a little longer and then maybe you will have the dough for it. I know what it's like when you want that thing RIGHT NOW, but saving up a little longer and buying something of higher quality would be better than buying something cheap now.
pat22 Posted August 9, 2009 Author Posted August 9, 2009 ya, im just worried that my parents will say forget it if i suddenly decide to get it in a month. but ill save anyway.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 What about talking to them about saving up to buy a better quality instrument? Tell them you talked to some people who are guitar players and that was their advice. I know it's not quite the same deal, but that's the way I am with my cameras. Ever since I bought my expensive SLR I have barely touched my less expensive point and shoot. I let my kids use it instead. It cost more money but the expense has been well worth it.
Vincent Vega Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1944325' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:02 PM']Forget the guitar. You should take up the lute. [img]http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/animas/lute/lute1.jpg[/img][/quote] This is a pat thread, not a Rexi thread.
Marie-Therese Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 Well, I play very little (meaning I am a rank amateur), but I have an acoustic Taylor that is amazing. The action on it is a little tighter, but the sound is perfect and it tunes like a dream. Taylors do run more to the pricey side tho. Definitely call around to some local shops...frequently they have sales (especially right now during the back to school time when kids are picking up instruments) and see what kind of bargains they have. Also, when you're ready, go ready to negotiate. If they know you're serious, then many times they'll throw in things for you (extra strings, strap, sometimes even pedals and stuff). I know my brother managed to get a Fender Strat (like that black and white one pictured in the thread earlier) for about $250 on sale. Unusual, I know, but sometimes you can run across a sweet deal. Just be patient.
Jesus_lol Posted August 9, 2009 Posted August 9, 2009 [quote name='pat22' post='1944364' date='Aug 9 2009, 03:18 PM']I DONT HAVE THE DOUGH FOR THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!! is this one any better JL? [url="http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Electric-Guitar-Hardware/dp/B0018TK8G8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1249852662&sr=8-14"]http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Ele...662&sr=8-14[/url][/quote] yeah that is a bit better.at least it i a brand name. i would recommend finding a higher qualit used guitar. every one of my electrics has been used, and new my ibanez wold be at least 1500$ but i got it all banged up and fixed it for 400$. one thing i have always found with everything, guitars mtn bikes, motorcycles, etc. wait to get the nice one if you can, cause starting out with substandard equipment and upgarading smells of elderberries, and is very expensive in the long run. that said, dont rush out and buy something super expensive, just something decent. no point blowing it all at once before you know what you relly want from a guitar.
CatherineM Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 I paid $100 for my first guitar. It was a '65 dove. I think Nixon was president.
Vincent Vega Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 (edited) Gibson is a great maker. And Soutar. And Dunbar and or McCallum. Or old Lawries or Hendersons would be great...but more on the pricey side. Ohhhh, Gibson [i]guitars[/i]. I always forget about those guys. Guitars. Edited August 10, 2009 by USAirwaysIHS
QuoteMan Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 I got my bass for about 200$ I think. It was Nihil's friend's, but he quit, so I bought it off him. [quote]MIKolbe A piano is a percussion instrument [/quote] It's more of a rythem instrument. But you're right.
Vincent Vega Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1944049' date='Aug 9 2009, 05:19 AM']The piano is just a really big guitar.[/quote] But a harpsichord, on the other hand...
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1944414' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:34 PM']This is a pat thread, not a Rexi thread.[/quote] True. I shoulda said banjo.
QuoteMan Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 Banjos are cool! They have a string on them, that ends halfway up the neck!
Slappo Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 Rexi?!?!? I thought a guitar would spontaneously combust if it even came near him...
Resurrexi Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 [quote name='Slappo' post='1944941' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:56 PM']Rexi?!?!? I thought a guitar would spontaneously combust if it even came near him...[/quote] I actually got a guitar last Christmas. I still don't know how to play it.
Resurrexi Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 [quote name='QuoteMan' post='1944950' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:01 PM']Come to our house! We can teach you![/quote] Unfortunately, I live several thousand miles away from you. Also, I doubt that your mother likes me very much after what I wrote on Nihil's Facebook.
QuoteMan Posted August 10, 2009 Posted August 10, 2009 (edited) Our Mom think everyone on this site it weird.... Even *sniff*.....US! Edited August 10, 2009 by QuoteMan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now