An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil, Or Maybe It Was Rexi

pat22

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1944993' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:37 PM']:unsure: Well, she's raised a couple of pretty cool sons, she can't be that bad.[/quote]
:detective: :mellow:

Vincent Vega

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1944955' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:04 AM']Even *sniff*.....US! :sadder:[/quote]
She named me specifically? :(

Back to guitars....

I want this: [img]http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eb2009/JTKB200_BS_27_01.gif[/img]

It's an Ibanez Jet King Bass... :woot:

Nihil Obstat

Ibanez=kinda lame. Parental controls is blocking the picture, so it might be a less lame one, but a Fender Jazz (like dad's) or Fender Precision is waaay cooler.
Also Gretsch makes some of the nicest basses you'll ever see.

ibanez maes some pretty sweet basses,but their guitars are killer!! huge fan. also ESP and schecter.

hmmm, this sexay beastwill one day be in my collection... drooooool
schecter c1 classic
[img]http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/schecter_C1CLASSIC_TBLU.jpg[/img]

their gitars are actually very cheap for how awesome they are.
like a thousand dollar guitar.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945010' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:42 AM']Ooh, just realized I wasn't clear enough.

Squier or (God forbid) Epiphone are going to be somewhat more expensive than your typical starter kit guitar. In terms of entry level, they're at the top of the price range. Depending on where you look at on the starter kits you were looking at, this will be a difference of around $150-300, (300 is the VERY top end) but this price difference is well worth it.
As an entry level, you could play it for years and years. Some musicians actually prefer them for a variety of reasons.

Just starting out, this won't mean a lot to you, but you can find *great* guitars that happen to be 'entry level' Squiers and Strats. There are individual differences in guitars. Some are well made and some aren't as well made. The best ones will last forever. The very best guitars are less common in entry level price ranges, but they still exist. At least in Squier and Epiphone they do. Not really so much in the no name kinds of brands.

Also I'd highly recommend checking out Hagstrom guitars. They're rather hard to find, because most stores aren't licensed to deal them, but by almost all reviews they're among the highest quality for price guitars ever made.
Ebay has a few people that sell factory B stock, meaning there are asthetic flaws from manufacturing. Minor blemishes in the paint jobs. This doesn't affect playability, but it will drop the price $100-250.
These aren't really entry level, but it's possible to find a Hagstrom for around $300 if you're willing to play the auctions. They're also worth the extra money, but maybe not necessarily as your first guitar.[/quote]
oh, i was kind of confused there for a sec!