An Old School Catholic Message Board

Planned Parenthood

Resurrexi

According to a friend of mine, Planned Parenthood does some good things. I'm trying to explain to him why, even if Planned Parenthood does do good things like give mothers classes, that it is wrong to support Planned Parenthood.

Can anyone help?

princessgianna

The Nazi's did some good things for people too. Didn't make what they did to the Jews ok or acceptable. :mellow:

that's what my response would be.
----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/john+powell/track/atonement"]John Powell - Atonement[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1947846' date='Aug 13 2009, 02:44 AM']The Nazi's did some good things....what they did to the Jews ok...[/quote]

:o

Edited by Hassan

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1947846' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:44 AM']The Nazi's did some good things for people too. Didn't make what they did to the Jews ok or acceptable. :mellow:

that's what my response would be.[/quote]

I don't like to drag the nazis into these things, but that's a good answer :)

Say, someone asks you for money and they say there's only a 5% chance they'll use it to kill someone. The other 95% of the time they'd donate it to charity.

...I would just donate it to the charity (actually I'd get some Ben&Jerry's, but that's besides the point).

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1947921' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:47 AM']...I would just donate it to the charity (actually I'd get some Ben&Jerry's, but that's besides the point).[/quote]
Ben & Jerry's supports Planned Parenthood, so in the end you'd be doing what you told them not to do.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1947846' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:44 AM']The Nazi's did some good things for people too. Didn't make what they did to the Jews ok or acceptable. :mellow:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/john+powell/track/atonement"]John Powell - Atonement[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
You could at least wait a little while before bringing in the Nazis. It's not even fun anymore... at least let us bet on how long before it's introduced as an "argument."

Chestertonian

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1947846' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:44 AM']The Nazi's did some good things for people too. Didn't make what they did to the Jews ok or acceptable. :mellow:

----------------
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]

That's an excellent rebuttal. For example, the Nazis were conservationists and ardent supporters of animal welfare, but that doesn't change the fact that they were evil and certainly unworthy of support

Edited by Chestertonian

KnightofChrist

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1947997' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:58 AM']You could at least wait a little while before bringing in the Nazis. It's not even fun anymore... at least let us bet on how long before it's introduced as an "argument."[/quote]

But it is the argument. That is if Jewish People are really people, and babies are really babies. What made the Nazi's evil was their support of mass murder, not wee mustaches, and goosestepping. But declaring one group of people unhuman and killing them on a large scale.

Chestertonian

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1948012' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:17 AM']But it is the argument. That is if Jewish People are really people, and babies are really babies. What made the Nazi's evil was their support of mass murder, not wee mustaches, and goosestepping. But declaring one group of people unhuman and killing them on a large scale.[/quote]

:bigclap:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1947931' date='Aug 13 2009, 05:44 AM']Not cool. :annoyed:[/quote]

You're telling me.

I have family that had to flee the Nazi's

Really immature PG :annoyed:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1948012' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:17 AM']But it is the argument. That is if Jewish People are really people, and babies are really babies. What made the Nazi's evil was their support of mass murder, not wee mustaches, and goosestepping. But declaring one group of people unhuman and killing them on a large scale.[/quote]

Do you all have any idea how offensive many Jews find this? Do you care?

Why not try to make your case without acting as parasites, sucking on the emotional blood which flows through the memory of the shoah.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948044' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:47 AM']You're telling me.

I have family that had to flee the Nazi's

Really immature PG :annoyed:[/quote]
Me too, actually. My great grandmother told me about it.

I wouldn't be here today if they hadn't fled Germany.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948047' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:53 AM']Do you all have any idea how offensive many Jews find this? Do you care?

Why not try to make your case without acting as parasites, sucking on the emotional blood which flows through the memory of the shoah.[/quote]

It's not sucking emotional blood. It's not wanting the same thing to happen again.