An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Do You Think Was The Best President?

Nihil Obstat

Best President since 1930  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dauntingknight

Obama should not be on the list because he is still in the presidently and he has hardly done anything for this country....

yet...

if any.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dauntingknight' post='1950199' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:22 PM']Obama should not be on the list because he is still in the presidently and he has hardly done anything for this country....

yet...

if any.[/quote]
He's a president who served since 1930, therefore he's on the list.

Which one of you nimrods voted for Obama? He hasn't been in office long enough to evaluate one way or the other. I would wager his opposition to Israels shows he will be a problem. Makes sense he would try to violate the rights of God's chosen people, though.

And Clinton's ineffective military strikes led to the present strength of terrorist groups, whoever voted for him.

Brother Adam

They are different men of different times which makes it even harder to pick a best. You can certainly pick "good" and "bad" presidents. Though I'd have to say FDR or Reagan if I had to choose. Probably FDR. Men who rose to the dignity of the office and did what was best not for their political careers, but for the country.

Edited by Brother Adam

[quote name='Winchester' post='1950407' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:06 AM']Which one of you nimrods voted for Obama?[/quote]

Yes. What ruggedly handsome trouble maker could have done that? :unsure:

[quote name='Chestertonian' post='1950439' date='Aug 16 2009, 12:36 PM']Calvin Coolidge, although I guess he missed the cutoff by one year (1923-1929) :weep:[/quote]

Supposedly a young woman, knowing he was a man of few words, at some fancy dinner with him said something like "Mr. president. I bet you $100 I can make you say three words tonight"

To which he responded, "you lose"

:lol_roll:

Ronald Reagan :cool:

I would also like to add this:
From The Simpsons (Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington)

Mr. Burns: Welcome, fellow Republicans. To start off tonight's agenda, brother Hibbert will report on our efforts to rename everything after Ronald Reagan.
Hibbert: All Millard Fillmore schools are now Ronald Reagans. The Mississippi River is now the Mississippi Reagan.
Dracula: And my good friend Frankenstein is now FrankenReagan. Blah!
Mr. Burns: Excellent.

:)

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='StColette' post='1949906' date='Aug 15 2009, 06:58 PM']That's an excuse for what? I don't quite understand you on this one. The biography says her father said this of her, not that she said that of herself. So I'm not sure how she was making the excuse of "I'm a woman thus I won't ever be elected" excuse. Plus, I don't believe it has ever been stated that she even wanted to run for President. It's quite possible that she just didn't want to enter into the political mad house that is our government. I know, personally, that you could not pay me enough or offer me anything that would make me want to become or even run for President. So I believe it's a tad bit judgmental and out of line to say that the "woman" card was used as an excuse for her to not run for the Presidency.[/quote]

Yeah, I doubt she wanted to be President. She would've been if she did.

Chestertonian

[quote name='Hassan' post='1950516' date='Aug 16 2009, 12:40 PM']Supposedly a young woman, knowing he was a man of few words, at some fancy dinner with him said something like "Mr. president. I bet you $100 I can make you say three words tonight"

To which he responded, "you lose"

:lol_roll:[/quote]

:lol: I love that story. Supposedly she made the bet with a friend, though, not with him.

I definitely don't know enough to vote, so I nulled.

it's hard to get an accurate grasp on what happened if you didn't live through it. heck, even when you do live through it, it's hard to sort out the truth from the exaggerations and from the straight-out lies.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1948873' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:14 PM']That's gotta go to George W. Bush with his 200 days of vacation and retreat he went on to go hunting and ride his horses.

Clinton had his issues and his "fun", but at least he was still working during it. Can't really go hunting in the oval office.[/quote]

[img]http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2009/01/18/grope.gif[/img] To be fair, they were both working. Clinton was in the Oval Office while playing around. Sometimes he was actually on his phone while at the same time being *entertained* by Monica.

And Bush had a mobile command centre parked at his ranch. And he spent a great deal of time in that command centre, and met with a lot of people at his ranch -- including leaders of other countries. Pres Bush simply dodged the partisan political scene by taking off for his ranch.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1950557' date='Aug 16 2009, 03:15 PM']Mr. Burns: Welcome, fellow Republicans. To start off tonight's agenda, brother Hibbert will report on our efforts to rename everything after Ronald Reagan.
Hibbert: All Millard Fillmore schools are now Ronald Reagans. The Mississippi River is now the Mississippi Reagan.
Dracula: And my good friend Frankenstein is now FrankenReagan. Blah!
Mr. Burns: Excellent.[/quote]

:lol_roll: