An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going To Mass

T-Bone _

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1950238' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:06 PM']The back of your head is ridiculous!

[img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kTFZyl7hfBw/0.jpg[/img]

:lol:[/quote]

:lol_roll: love that skit, though most of the stuff on MADtv was tasteless and stupid. <_< SNL > MADtv(1,000).

As for leaving mass early, while it may be irritating to know that they aren't getting the fullness of what one should receive from the mass, no one can honestly determine why it is that the individual was leaving, so unless you got up the nerve to ask them yourself, it wouldn't be proper to make a judgement based on the fact that they left alone. Some people do need to leave mass early. There are doctors on call who can't help but work on Sundays, for example.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1950291' date='Aug 16 2009, 01:34 AM']To be accurate .. what you actually said was: [i]" I can't stand [u]the people [/u] who come and stay during Communion and leave right after." [/i]Seems like you think they have no good reason; if you thought they did you would be able to "stand" them. I understand that you're saying you aren't judging them, but be aware that's not what your word choice is communicating.

I'm not sure how you divine why it is "they" leave early "most of the time" either.

My pastor preached a homily on this just last week. What would happen if we read the beginning and middle parts of books, but left off the end? We'd miss out on a lot of important information. The blessing and "sending" part of Mass is stuff we can't do without.[/quote]

I'm always learning about my word choices. This is definitely something I feel very passionate about--the Eucharist. I didn't always however, and my past mistakes often catch up to me, especially when I see someone casually leave the Mass as if the Eucharist is only a symbol. So, not only am I grieving for them, I am grieving for myself because I used to take it for less than what it was worth. :sadder:

My word choices can always use some work, and I tend to exaggerate what I am trying to communicate. I will try to be more observant of my word choices from now on.

God bless you, sister. :)

Edited by InHisLove726

White Knight

[quote name='havok579257' post='1949176' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:39 PM']don't judge others as Jesus commanded us to do. How do you know that those women left mass earlier just because? How do you know that they don't work on Sunday's and are rushing to work afterwards? How do you know that they are not making an extra effort to come to as much mass as they can, even though they work on Sunday's?

I think its terrible of people to judge others, most of all at mass. Unless you personally know why the person is leaving mass early, you have no right to judge them. Cause it just makes you come off as a holier than thou person passing judgement on people for what you percieve as their short comings.[/quote]

[size=4][color="#0000FF"][b]Saddly enough, I understand that there are problems and why people have to leave sometimes during Mass, even though I think its not cool to do so, there are those cases where you have too, but its got to be dire. It souldn't be for any ordinary reason, it sould be a serious matter. [/b][/color][/size]

Unfortunately my friend, the "Judge not least ye be judged." from Matthew 7 is taken out of context so often, that we forget what the text within the context its nutty saddly.

Life requires us to make judgement calls of all kinds. the Judge not least you be judged is a poorer translation of the "Comdemn not least you be Condemned" which is actually a better translation and use of the actual text itself from what reliable sources have informed us.

People take Matthew 7 out of context so much that people can loose its meaning and forget the entire point of it.

[b]Matthew 7:1-5

[b][color="#8B0000"]"[u]1 Judge not, that you may not be judged, 2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged:[/u] [/color]and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? 4 Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."[/b][/b]

[b]Luke 6:36-40

"36 [color="#FF0000"][u]Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned.[/u][/color] Forgive, and you shall be forgiven. 38 Give, and it shall be given to you: good measure and pressed down and shaken together and running over shall they give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you shall mete withal, it shall be measured to you again. 39 And he spoke also to them a similitude: Can the blind lead the blind? do they not both fall into the ditch? 40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one shall be perfect, if he be as his master. "[/b]

It sounds like the whole judgement call is based on judging what condiction ones spiritual life/state you are in, thats my understanding of it, then again I could be wrong. I understand that this text is so widely used and discredited by different approaches of how its understood by different people. It can be used the wrong way too.

Peace.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='BG45' post='1950020' date='Aug 16 2009, 01:23 AM']Amen. Just came home from Mass and had the woman to my right, wearing a mantilla, slip out once the Reception of the Eucharist was over, and the woman to my left did so during the closing hymn.[/quote]

I wear a mantilla to Mass, and after Communion yesterday I was kneeling in my pew, retched into my hands, and left my pew to retreat to the ladies' room. You just don't know.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1950401' date='Aug 16 2009, 08:26 AM']I wear a mantilla to Mass, and after Communion yesterday I was kneeling in my pew, retched into my hands, and left my pew to retreat to the ladies' room. You just don't know.[/quote]

+1