An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx Members Welcome?

Studiumecclesiae

Studiumecclesiae

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345138875' post='2468644']
Notwithstanding, of course, that hypothetically men in the Church, even many, even most, including sometimes bishops and even popes, might teach or believe heresy at some arbitrary point in time. I know you know that, but someone reading the thread might not.[/quote]
Well let's not mix the Catholic Church with the Official Church which is modernist and teaches heresies.
Of course the Church will re-consider Vatican II and acknowledge the heresy.

Now the Old Mass is allowed but it used to be forbidden, remember? Now it's allowed thanks to whom??? Well if the SSPX hadn't tried to defend it at first, there would be nothing else but the new mass, which is unacceptable.

[b]I can see I am no longer allowed MPs, are you afraid that I might try to convert some members?[/b] I don't see why people keep being suspicious about the SSPX. I'm only trying to rely on the Popes's teachings: Piux IX, Piux XI, Leo XIII, etc. It is NOT heretical.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345140232' post='2468653']
It means if you experience a liturgy lasting more than four hours, seek help immediately and call a Doctor of the Church.
[/quote]

:blush:

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1345140504' post='2468656'] I'm only trying to rely on some of the Popes's teachings: Piux IX, Piux XI, Leo XIII, etc. It is NOT heretical.
[/quote]
fxt

Neither is Benedict XVI's teachings though... which the SSPX recognize as being a valid pope.

Interpreted correctly, VII doesn't teach heresy. Interpreted in some modernistic "Spirit of Vatican II I can do whatever I want" sure..., but that's not what Vatican II said.

Who allowed for the EF form to be said? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the SSPX but Benedict XVI. Although SSPX might have encouraged that, the motu proprio was not specifically promulgated for the SSPX. There are others, [b]many others[/b], in the Church who desire the EF. Just look at Bp. Morlino from Madison, WI and his push for authentic Catholicism. He urges his seminarians to learn the EF, and celebrates in the EF.

The doctrines and dogma's of the Church are not heretical. The current trends for "ecumenism" and interreligious dialogue are not doctrinal and binding for faithful Catholics to adhere to. I believe there needs to be interreligious dialogue. We communicate with other relgions... for instance the Anglicans, and bring them into the Catholic Church. That is the primary purpose of interreligious dialogue and is what all true ecumenism leads to, conversion. This is a valid Catholic perspective that many non SSPX'ers hold.

I think you're a little too harsh on the Catholic Church. It also is not necessary to battle modernsim in the SSPX fashion. I battle modernism in my every day conversation with other Catholics.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1345140504' post='2468656']
Well let's not mix the Catholic Church with the Official Church which is modernist and teaches heresies.
Of course the Church will re-consider Vatican II and acknowledge the heresy.

Now the Old Mass is allowed but it used to be forbidden, remember? Now it's allowed thanks to whom??? Well if the SSPX hadn't tried to defend it at first, there would be nothing else but the new mass, which is unacceptable.

[b]I can see I am no longer allowed MPs, are you afraid that I might try to convert some members?[/b] I don't see why people keep being suspicious about the SSPX. I'm only trying to rely on the Popes's teachings: Piux IX, Piux XI, Leo XIII, etc. It is NOT heretical.
[/quote]

No, you got a "phisy" tag. That just means that you're someone who posts things that aren't in line with Rome, but you still consider yourself Catholic. It's so people don't get confused and think that Rome agrees with everything that you're posting. :) Different tags have different abilities. Like, Phisy people don't have access to PMs, and people with a Church Militant tag have more "props" they can give.

Edit: Some smart person please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1345141335' post='2468667']
No, you got a "phisy" tag. That just means that you're someone who posts things that aren't in line with Rome, but you still consider yourself Catholic. It's so people don't get confused and think that Rome agrees with everything that you're posting. :)
[/quote]

i disagree with SSPX getting phishy tags, because they [b]are [/b]Catholics, not just people who think they are Catholics. The real difference between the SSPX and the Magisterium is that the Magisterium holds that what the SSPX believes are [b]valid viewpoints within Catholicism[/b], and the SSPX holds that what they believe are [b]doctrinal viewpoints and required for all Catholics to believe[/b].

Oh, and on an unrelated note: Pope Benedict is the Pope of Christian Unity. God grant him many years :).

Edited by Slappo

[/quote]

I was always under the impression there was one Church.

It is precisely this mindset which can be the end result of being your own magisterium.

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1345141466' post='2468670']
i disagree with SSPX getting phishy tags, because they [b]are [/b]Catholics, not just people who think they are Catholics. The real difference between the SSPX and the Magisterium is that the Magisterium holds that what the SSPX believes are [b]valid viewpoints within Catholicism[/b], and the SSPX holds that what they believe are [b]doctrinal viewpoints and required for all Catholics to believe[/b].

Oh, and on an unrelated note: Pope Benedict is the Pope of Christian Unity. God grant him many years :).
[/quote]

take it up with the boss. :)

[/quote]

I thought Phishy tags were for Catholics who weren't fully in line with the Church. I'd say the SSPX definitely fill that qualification.

I'm only trying to rely on [s]the Popes's[/s] Popes' teachings: Piux IX, Piux XI, Leo XIII, etc. It is NOT heretical.
[/quote]
[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345140997' post='2468661']
[b]almost [/b]fxt
[/quote]

fixed :P

franciscanheart

i disagree with SSPX getting phishy tags, because they [b]are [/b]Catholics, not just people who think they are Catholics.
[/quote]
Talk to dUSt. :)

BTW: Some are, some aren't.

Studium:

you [b]are[/b] welcome here. and you don't have to just post in Vocation Station. we're a pretty fun bunch around here, so hang out in the Lame Board and be silly, or post other stuff that interests you in Open Mic, or if you're up to it post in the Debate Table. :)

God bless.

i disagree with SSPX getting phishy tags, [color=#ff0000]because they [b]are [/b]Catholics[/color], not just people who think they are Catholics.
[/quote]
So is Nancy Pelosi.

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1345142385' post='2468684']
fixed :P
[/quote]

Grade undergrad papers lately? :P
[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1345142966' post='2468698']
Studium:

you [b]are[/b] welcome here. and you don't have to just post in Vocation Station. we're a pretty fun bunch around here, so hang out in the Lame Board and be silly, or post other stuff that interests you in Open Mic, or if you're up to it post in the Debate Table. :)

God bless.
[/quote]

The Lame Board is where it's at. :) Open Mic is the normal place. Debate Table is there for people to get their cranky out. :|