An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Spirituality?

Veritas

What Spirituality do you most identify with?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A combination of Franciscan, devotion to Jesus In the Blessed Sacrament and the Sacred Heart, also Divine Mercy and a bit of Passionist, also, love of Our Lady as Theotokos. That's about it. :)

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1100354' date='Oct 24 2006, 06:57 PM']
How is this any different than denominations in a protestant church?
btw, I dont know the difference with any of these. anyone got a quiz or something
[/quote]

They are not denominations, they simply emphasize different aspects of Catholic spirituality.

Other!!! come on guys as Mateo mentioned the greatest Spirituality in the entire Catholic Church.....IGNATIAN!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 11 months later...
Mari Therese

Not Sure...

I guess that I am drawn to Augustinian spirituality, but I would probably describe myself in terms of having a Eucharistic and Marian spirituality.

VeniteAdoremus

I find it funny that I "turned" Dominican on, well, my sister who made a joke at the breakfast table - and now, the more I read/think/pray/talk about it, the more I'm drawn towards it :)

(For me it's the definite prove that God talks through your friends and family from time to time...)

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

I have a very Passionist spirituality - my favorite mysteries of the rosary are the Sorrowful ones, and I love to meditate on Christ's Passion. It keeps me from committing many sins, though I still push many thorns into His Sacred Heart. :ohno: Though I do also like the gentle Salesian spirituality.

the lords sheep

[quote name='sr_betsy' post='1444238' date='Jan 10 2008, 07:28 PM']I'm Setonian-Vincentian (St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Vincent de Paul and Louise de Marillac) :))[/quote]

The Vincentians are very close to my heart. I worked in Ethiopia with the Daughters of Charity, and I know many of the Vincentians who work at my school (I'm at a Vincentian University. Really, the only reason I am able to afford a Catholic education is because it is part of the Vincentian charism to educate those who wouldn't be able to otherwise attain one.) :))

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1444466' date='Jan 11 2008, 02:36 AM']The Vincentians are very close to my heart. I worked in Ethiopia with the Daughters of Charity, and I know many of the Vincentians who work at my school (I'm at a Vincentian University. Really, the only reason I am able to afford a Catholic education is because it is part of the Vincentian charism to educate those who wouldn't be able to otherwise attain one.) :))[/quote]

Wow! Your experience in Ethiopia sounds interesting. The Daughters in Africa are growing and are very young. What did you do there?

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Augustinian baby!!!
Jesus is the focus of everything else, everything else just leads to JC
Rock on!
SHALOM
bro mark menegatti OSA

cathoholic_anonymous

My spirituality is deeply Carmelite, although I have a quiet appreciation and admiration for the Franciscan charism.