An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wearing Veils In Mass.

DiscerningSoul

HisChildForever

I see that he's received yet another negative. It looks like someone's thirsty for a bit of attention, but instead of actually making a post hides behind a little red box.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='28 January 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1264744649' post='2047119']
I see that he's received yet another negative. It looks like someone's thirsty for a bit of attention, but instead of actually making a post hides behind a little red box.
[/quote]
I caught that one. I agree that it's immature.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 January 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1264744976' post='2047128']
I caught that one. I agree that it's immature.
[/quote]
I thought you went to sleep like an hour ago?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Era Might' date='29 January 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1264745150' post='2047131']
[/quote]

Clearly not!

[quote name='Era Might' date='29 January 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1264745150' post='2047131']
[/quote]
I was supposed to, Debbie....... but then I finished reading that story about the lesbian computer, and I got an email alert that I had a new comment posted to my profile....... and obviously as soon as I checked my profile I got sucked into the awesome that is PM.

Now I'm actually leaving though. :unsure:

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='28 January 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1264735283' post='2046928']
You'll soon feel naked with out it.
[/quote]

I sure hope this comes sooner than later!!

princessgianna

[quote name='SstrAli' date='29 January 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1264805543' post='2047484']
I sure hope this comes sooner than later!!
[/quote]
It will. And if you ever stop for whatever- your heart will experiance a twang of guilt every time you go with out it! ;)

dominicansoul

where exactly in Holy Scripture are the verses pertaining to women covering their heads to show reverence to God?

"1 Be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that in all things you are mindful of me: and keep my ordinances as I have delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man praying or prophesying with his head covered, disgraceth his head. 5 But every woman praying or prophesying with her head not covered, disgraceth her head: for it is all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if a woman be not covered, let her be shorn. But if it be a shame to a woman to be shorn or made bald, let her cover her head. 7 The man indeed ought not to cover his head, because he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman, but the woman of the man. 9 For the man was not created for the woman, but the woman for the man. 10 Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels. 11 But yet neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12 For as the woman is of the man, so also is the man by the woman: but all things of God. 13 You yourselves judge: doth it become a woman, to pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that a man indeed, if he nourish his hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman nourish her hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering." (1 Corinthians 11)

brightsadness

10 Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels.

When I was 12 and the priest asked me why I was covering. I answered "because of the angels." because that was what was given me to say.

Every time I veil the grace is with me.and I rremember.

JMJ
Despite all the stuff from Saint Paul, who don't get me wrong, I really like....I just love veiling! I mean, yes I veil out of modesty, respect, etc. But as I was at Church this morning, I watched the ladies going to Communion as I waited to leave the pew. It really is amazing, and just as I am consistently amazed everytime I attend Mass, amazed at the holiness and reverence of the Mass of the Catechumens and the Mass of the Faithful, I am amazed at the thought that since the beginning of the Church, women have veiled themselves suprememly out of love of God. God willing, I will veil myself in three years as a novice; and even the Church veils Herself in the folds of the Liturgy. The Tabernacle, which holds Jesus Christ Son of God, is veiled during Mass. And I want to be a Tabernacle as well, theoretically speaking.
Sorry for rambling.... :blush:

[quote name='brightsadness' date='30 January 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1264884275' post='2047848']
10 Therefore ought the woman to have a power over her head, because of the angels.

When I was 12 and the priest asked me why I was covering. I answered "because of the angels." because that was what was given me to say.

Every time I veil the grace is with me.and I rremember.
[/quote]

How do you veil? Many Roman Catholic women use lace mantillas, but I've seen many Byzantine Catholics use either a scarf and tie under the chin, or behind the hairline at the back of the neck, or like a jewish tichel. Do you use creative ways to tie your scarf or use one way in general?

[quote name='HisChild' date='30 January 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1264891339' post='2047923']
How do you veil? Many Roman Catholic women use lace mantillas, but I've seen many Byzantine Catholics use either a scarf and tie under the chin, or behind the hairline at the back of the neck, or like a jewish tichel. Do you use creative ways to tie your scarf or use one way in general?
[/quote]

JMJ
Sorry to hijack this reply, but I just wanted to offer that some people wear scarfs at our Church. Most of them are Pakistani, a few are't though. When they wear scarfs they either tie them in the front or cross the ties under the chin and ie it in the back...that is relly the more likely to stay on way.