An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teaching Muslim Children To Hate The Jews

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='19 February 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1266606147' post='2059560']
i agree with HCF... I am multi-tasking. i be doing sales presentations and conference calls.
[/quote]

Yeah, the only downside is that each task may take a bit longer to do.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='19 February 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1266605427' post='2059552']
Even the "parts that are true" have no salvific value, that is, unless you wish to argue in support of Pelagianism. Salvific faith comes through divine revelation, and not through man's own natural efforts to abstract a concept of God from the created world. For example: Islamic monotheism is not a good, because it involves an explicit denial of the revealed dogma of the Trinity.
[/quote]
I don't disagree, but we are not saved by knowledge, either. So it follows that we cannot be condemned by absence of knowledge. I believe in extraordinary membership in the Church, but not in this making other religions means of salvation. There is danger in this, of course, that one identify the true parts of a false religion as a merit for the false religion itself. But what is true is beautiful no matter what untruth it's surrounded by. It can be argued, I suppose that the true parts of a false religion are not actually parts of that religion (simliar to our severance from Communion by sin).

HisChildForever

[quote name='MIkolbe' date='19 February 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1266606373' post='2059562']
well, chicks are normally a little slower..

;)
[/quote]

Or, you know, more thorough.

[quote name='Winchester' date='19 February 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1266606385' post='2059563']
I don't disagree, but we are not saved by knowledge, either. So it follows that we cannot be condemned by absence of knowledge. I believe in extraordinary membership in the Church, but not in this making other religions means of salvation. There is danger in this, of course, that one identify the true parts of a false religion as a merit for the false religion itself. But what is true is beautiful no matter what untruth it's surrounded by. It can be argued, I suppose that the true parts of a false religion are not actually parts of that religion (simliar to our severance from Communion by sin).
[/quote]
I agree, we are saved by experiencing God in worship, and true worship (ορθο δόξα) comes only through faith in Christ and the anamnesis of His saving oblation in the Church's liturgy. Of course, Islam - as a form of religious deception - actually hinders a man's salvation.

[quote name='BG45' date='19 February 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1266604051' post='2059528']
Alas, if only I were not out of positives.

Although to get back to children's shows teaching the hatred of Jews, Farfour, Hamas's Mickey Mouse ripoff was "martyred" by Jewish "terrorists".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrieBhaGgHM[/media]
[/quote]
Shalalalalala

What do you want from me?
It's not how it used to be
You're takin' my life away, ruinin' everything...

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='19 February 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1266606736' post='2059566']
... anamnesis...[/quote]
I'm going to nod like I understand this word and hope you don't make me use it in a sentence.

[quote]Of course, Islam - as a form of religious deception - actually hinders a man's salvation.
[/quote]
Agreed.

KeenanParkerII

[quote]Acknowledging already existing truth and professing so-called truth are two different things.[/quote]

:yes:

[quote]Pfft, learn how to multi-task. I be doing homework right now. [/quote]

I'm already reading an long-winded paper, taking notes, collecting citations, and trying to cross reference passages from the paper with passages in a book. *pulling hair out*

HisChildForever

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='19 February 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1266607799' post='2059580']
*pulling hair out*
[/quote]

Premature baldness is nobody's friend.

[quote name='Winchester' date='19 February 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1266607303' post='2059574']
I'm going to nod like I understand this word and hope you don't make me use it in a sentence.[/quote]
Below is a post I wrote in an old Stormstopper thread that explains the meaning of the word [i]anamnesis[/i]:

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='06 September 2009 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1252613881' post='1961809']
I find your comments on the nature of biblical memorials unconvincing, because both Jews and Christians in ancient times believed that "memorials" rendered present the sacred event that was being memorialized (cf. Artur Weiser "The Psalms," Max Thurian "The Eucharistic Memorial," Gerhard Von Rad "Old Testament Theology," and Ernest G. Wright "God Who Acts: Biblical Theology as Recital"). In fact, the doctrine that biblical memorials are a participation in the living eternal memory of God is found in both the writings of the Church Fathers and in the Rabbinic texts of the early Christian era (cf. Herbert Danby, translator, "The Mishnah," Pesahim 10:5, page 151).

Ultimately, the Greek word [i]anamnesis[/i] bears the same meaning as the Hebrew word [i]zikkaron[/i], and both words can be translated into English as "memory" or "remembrance," but the memory that is manifested through a liturgical celebration is not the memory of a mere man, nor is it even the memory of the worshipping community [i]per se[/i]; instead, it is the eternal and everliving memory of God [cf. Matthias Scheeben, "The Mysteries of Christianity," (London: B. Herder Book Company, 1946), page 509]. Now, the divine memory is manifested through the chanting of the inspired biblical narrative and through the proper use of the sacred signs established for this very purpose (i.e., the bread and wine, etc.) by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself while He walked upon the earth as a Man among men. That said, the liturgy of the Church manifests three distinct realities simultaneously: (1) the liturgy renders present a past event, i.e., the incarnation and paschal mystery of Christ, making it operative today; (2) it gives grace, i.e., divine energy, in the present moment; and (3) it anticipates the [i]Parousia[/i] at the end of time, making it a living reality for the members of the worshipping community. In fact, this third element was manifested on Mt. Tabor when Christ was Transfigured in front of the three Apostles, because Christ Himself is the Kingdom of God realized in human form, and -- as a consequence -- all those who become members of His body, the Church, are living the reality of the Kingdom here and now, and not simply as something that will happen in the future. In other words, the life of divine grace (i.e., energy) given in the sacraments is an eschatological reality in which time itself is transcended, so that the participants in the liturgy experience what was, is, and is to come in the mystery of Christ incarnate, and in the process all the members of the Church experience a foretaste of the divine eternity.[/quote]

Taken from: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=98319&view=findpost&p=1961809"]Transubstantiation Unsubstantiated[/url]

[quote name='KeenanParkerII' date='19 February 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1266607799' post='2059580']
I'm already reading an long-winded paper, taking notes, collecting citations, and trying to cross reference passages from the paper with passages in a book. *pulling hair out*
[/quote]

Putting together a professional presentation for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences next week, glancing at PM, listening to my father be his usual...self. So I know the feeling! :)

KeenanParkerII

[quote]Premature baldness is nobody's friend. [/quote]

Some men can pull it off.

[quote]Putting together a professional presentation for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences next week, glancing at PM, listening to my father be his usual...self. So I know the feeling! [/quote]

Secretly you love it. I know I do. :evil:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Winchester' date='19 February 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1266607303' post='2059574']
I'm going to nod like I understand this word and hope you don't make me use it in a sentence.
[/quote]
Anamnesis means at Mass at the Consecration we are standing at Calvary with Holy Mary and St John, as opposed to thinking we are just remembering it as a past event.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='19 February 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1266614121' post='2059641']
Anamnesis means at Mass at the Consecration we are standing at Calvary with Holy Mary and St John, as opposed to thinking we are just remembering it as a past event.
[/quote]

If only I could remind a certain priest in my diocese of this. By my estimation, he has this idea that anamnesis means it is a theatrical meal that he gets to screen-write, direct, and star in alongside his best supporting actress (some laywoman who just stands behind him at the altar during the Eucharistic Canon).

Harrumph.