Hilde Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 Branta canadensis where canadensis is new latin for "from Canada". I like the turn this thread has taken. Yes, wikipedia tells me their native to North America but also live in northern european countries with western coasts. Other thing we get from NA: Crabs.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 2, 2010 Author Posted May 2, 2010 Removing extraneous locations, it seems like the statistical center of the PM population so far is around South Bend, IN.
Marie-Therese Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1272821944' post='2103650'] Removing extraneous locations, it seems like the statistical center of the PM population so far is around South Bend, IN. [/quote] I'm guessing that the theological center of the PM population is probably somewhere right of there.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 2, 2010 Author Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='02 May 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1272823623' post='2103660'] I'm guessing that the theological center of the PM population is probably somewhere right of there. [/quote] That would depend on whether you define South Bend by their famous university or the orthodox Catholics who often attend in spite of Obama-loving hippies.
Cherie Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1272821944' post='2103650'] Removing extraneous locations, it seems like the statistical center of the PM population so far is around South Bend, IN. [/quote] The place that took my home diocese's Bishop away ... *sniffle* No hard feelings, though; they're super-lucky - Bishop Rhoades is awesome!
Cherie Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1272823935' post='2103665'] That would depend on whether you define South Bend by their famous university or the orthodox Catholics who often attend in spite of Obama-loving hippies. [/quote] Or by their super-awesome new Bishop! Haha, I know I already posted about him, I just had to do it again, hehe Edited May 2, 2010 by CherieMadame
Jesus_lol Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1272812355' post='2103620'] Google maps can't find it. Give me lat and long. [/quote] try comox valley, BC its not exactly where i am, but naming where i am would narrow me down to a very small amount of people. Edited May 2, 2010 by Jesus_lol
jeffpugh Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='02 May 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1272777784' post='2103528'] Well, this will make it a lot easier for any serial killers out there on the internet... [/quote] Lawl, I guess we were all thinking it, but you had to say it [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='02 May 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1272777850' post='2103529'] If you can find me in a city of 1.3 million people, then you deserve to complete your hit. [/quote] And I came to this conclusion, too, except with more millions.
LouisvilleFan Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='john654' date='01 May 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1272736503' post='2103168'] Russellville Kentucky [/quote] I think Micah missed your pin... aren't the Fathers of Mercy in your neck of the woods? I'm right smack dab in Louisville, KY. No technicalities
Vincent Vega Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='02 May 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1272777784' post='2103528'] Well, this will make it a lot easier for any serial killers out there on the internet... [/quote] I've pissed off enough people in real life that if someone's gonna kill me, it's gonna be one of them before anyone that I've wronged on the internet can get their hands on me.
Marie-Therese Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1272823935' post='2103665'] That would depend on whether you define South Bend by their famous university or the orthodox Catholics who often attend in spite of Obama-loving hippies. [/quote] This is true. [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='02 May 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1272829107' post='2103698'] I've pissed off enough people in real life that if someone's gonna kill me, it's gonna be one of them before anyone that I've wronged on the internet can get their hands on me. [/quote] iawtc
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 2, 2010 Author Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='02 May 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1272827454' post='2103688'] try comox valley, BC its not exactly where i am, but naming where i am would narrow me down to a very small amount of people. [/quote] I got the name of the place you put before your edit, but it seems Google Map doesn't know Comox Valley, either (although it does seem to know some area businesses). As for serial killers...well, what do you think I'm making this for? *mwahahahahaha!* jk I've met more PMers in real life than most of us and they'll all confirm that I'm harmless (although one of my jokes might kill you from boredom). I'm not really concerned about serial killers, given that it's unlisted in Google and pretty general. You'd need my name and town to find me (which you have), but then I'd also have to be listed in the phone book. You could find me other ways, though.
jeffpugh Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='02 May 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1272829107' post='2103698'] I've pissed off enough people in real life that if someone's gonna kill me, it's gonna be one of them before anyone that I've wronged on the internet can get their hands on me. [/quote] Wintastic.
laetitia crucis Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='LouisvilleFan' date='02 May 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1272828314' post='2103694'] I think Micah missed your pin... aren't the Fathers of Mercy in your neck of the woods? I'm right smack dab in Louisville, KY. No technicalities [/quote] Just because I'm curious, how do YOU pronounce "Louisville"? One of my good friends was born and raised there. She pronounces it "Lulvull". (But somehow there's a [i]slight [/i]two-syllable thing going on in the "Lul" part. ) I say "Louie-ville".
Hilde Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 May 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1272834972' post='2103735'] I say "Louie-ville". [/quote] That's how I read it in my head.
laetitia crucis Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='02 May 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1272836090' post='2103750'] That's how I read it in my head. [/quote] Most excellent. I mean, after all, the city [i]was [/i]named after King Louis XVI. I remember seeing a t-shirt around here that had at [i]least [/i]five different way of pronouncing "Louisville". I thought it was highly amusing. We also have a city named "Versailles"; however, to my initial horror, it is pronounced "Ver-sales". Ah, and a city named "Athens", but I've heard it pronounced "A-thins". When I first moved here, it made me twitch. Now I smile and kind of like it. [size="1"]It took me over ten years, but now I can finally say that I really do love Kentucky -- and mean it. [/size]
Jesus_lol Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1272829795' post='2103708'] I got the name of the place you put before your edit, but it seems Google Map doesn't know Comox Valley, either (although it does seem to know some area businesses). As for serial killers...well, what do you think I'm making this for? *mwahahahahaha!* jk I've met more PMers in real life than most of us and they'll all confirm that I'm harmless (although one of my jokes might kill you from boredom). I'm not really concerned about serial killers, given that it's unlisted in Google and pretty general. You'd need my name and town to find me (which you have), but then I'd also have to be listed in the phone book. You could find me other ways, though. [/quote] mmm, try courtenay, BC? if not just click it on vancouver island.
MarieLynn Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 Christchurch. New Zealand BTW we also have Canadian geese in our neck of the woods. Real pests they are too![img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]
txdinghysailor Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 Do you want where I"m living currently or where my home is?
jeffpugh Posted May 2, 2010 Posted May 2, 2010 [quote name='txdinghysailor' date='02 May 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1272843333' post='2103814'] Do you want where I"m living currently or where my home is? [/quote] He said permanent residence earlier, Joe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now