An Old School Catholic Message Board

What City, State Do You Live In?

Thy Geekdom Come

saline_queen

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='01 May 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1272748546' post='2103268']
Denver, Colorado
[/quote]

WAHOO! me too!

goldenchild17

[quote name='saline_queen' date='01 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1272775529' post='2103505']
WAHOO! me too!
[/quote]

nice :smokey:

Fidei Defensor

Well, this will make it a lot easier for any serial killers out there on the internet...

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='02 May 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1272777784' post='2103528']
Well, this will make it a lot easier for any serial killers out there on the internet...
[/quote]
If you can find me in a city of 1.3 million people, then you deserve to complete your hit. :lol:

Archaeology cat

Just look at the location I have listed under my name. ;)

[quote name='john654' date='01 May 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1272736503' post='2103168']
Russellville Kentucky
[/quote]
Woo, Kentucky! (I grew up in western Kentucky)

[quote name='Hilde' date='02 May 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1272756734' post='2103340']
I have some Canadians living close to me in a lake. You can feed them bread crumbs, but sometimes they can hiss at you if you come to close.
[/quote]
:lol:

Marie-Therese

Piedmont, Alabama.

As far as any serial killers, it wouldn't be hard to track me down in Piedmont. :lol: Just look for the Catholic. I'm nearly serious. There are like 5,000 people in this town and maybe 20 are Catholic.

Jesus_lol

Northern Gulf Island, east of vancouver island, british columbia CANADA!!!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='01 May 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1272756505' post='2103334']
That's first nations, isn't it? it don't look Spanish or French... :detective:
[/quote]
It's a transliteration of a word from the language of the Natchez Indians. It's pronounced "NACK-uh-dish" or "NACK-uh-tish," depending on whom you ask.

It's the setting of the movie Steel Magnolias. The house in the movie is now a bed and breakfast.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='01 May 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1272758770' post='2103357']
CatherineM can visit [url="http://www.edmontoneparchy.com/churches_more/Edmonton_StGeorge_iconography_eng.htm"]the Church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victorious[/url] in Edmonton.
[/quote]
Or she can stay on topic without getting into a conversation about how great Eastern stuff is.

Resurrexi

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='01 May 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1272758770' post='2103357']
CatherineM can visit [url="http://www.edmontoneparchy.com/churches_more/Edmonton_StGeorge_iconography_eng.htm"]the Church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victorious[/url] in Edmonton.
[/quote]

What a beautiful church!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='02 May 2010 - 03:47 AM' timestamp='1272786436' post='2103564']
Northern Gulf Island, east of vancouver island, british columbia CANADA!!!
[/quote]
Google maps can't find it. Give me lat and long.

Maybe some geese ate something fermented, made a wrong turn, and thought Norway was Canada. I don't think the two are that different to a bird. They are quite normal birds to see around here. The lake I'm talking about has had Canada geese for as long as I've lived here, which is all my life.

Edited by Hilde

[quote name='Hilde' date='02 May 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1272817181' post='2103634']
Maybe some geese ate something fermented, made a wrong turn, and thought Norway was Canada. I don't think the two are that different to a bird. They are quite normal birds to see around here. The lake I'm talking about has had Canada geese for as long as I've lived here, which is all my life.
[/quote]

It is told as fact that the "Canada" in Canada goose is named, not for the country, but for the orthinographer John Canada. Others claim that is a myth, but in any case, even if they ARE named after the country, they are definitely found in more places than just Canada. :)

Edited by CherieMadame