Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What City, State Do You Live In?


Recommended Posts

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

The demographic center of PM now seems to be somewhere around the Illinois, Iowa, Missouri border.

laetitia crucis
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='03 May 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1272930489' post='2104523']
The demographic center of PM now seems to be somewhere around the Illinois, Iowa, Missouri border.
[/quote]

Perhaps this is where we should build the Phatmass Pub. :yes:

:cheers:

Posted (edited)

Manteca, California ^_^

Yes, I'm from a town called "Lard". Don't judge me.

Edited by zunshynn
let_go_let_God
Posted

Oskaloosa, Iowa. I just got here so I'm a bit sad that I can't say Duluth, MN. The best comment to my moving thought was from Bishop Amos, "You don't talk funny eh?"

Now the people I'm living with at the moment are waiting for a moment when I slip into a deep Minnesotan accent.

I think I'm picking up their dialect though, ya'll seems to be coming a huge part of my language now.

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='03 May 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1272933334' post='2104570']
Oskaloosa, Iowa. I just got here so I'm a bit sad that I can't say Duluth, MN. The best comment to my moving thought was from Bishop Amos, "You don't talk funny eh?"

Now the people I'm living with at the moment are waiting for a moment when I slip into a deep Minnesotan accent.

I think I'm picking up their dialect though, ya'll seems to be coming a huge part of my language now.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

You will be surprised just how many Minnesotans, we have here in Osky...

God Conquers
Posted

My marker is randomly 2 blocks away from where I actually used to live.

aalpha1989
Posted

I'm really jealous of "anonymous" in Billings, Montana.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Ohio

aalpha1989
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' date='03 May 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1272921406' post='2104375']
i have family in Manhattan and in Hiawatha, and in Topeka.

[/quote]

:) I remember when KU won the championship you told me you liked my avatar.

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 May 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1272930621' post='2104526']
Perhaps this is where we should build the Phatmass Pub. :yes:

:cheers:
[/quote]

Cool, that's not too TOO far from me...

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Fruity Oaty Bar, Ohio

laetitia crucis
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='03 May 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1272935097' post='2104602']
Fruity Oaty Bar, Ohio
[/quote]

[size="1"][IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/like.gif[/IMG] [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=4753"]MIkolbe[/url] likes this.[/size]

Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='03 May 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1272933334' post='2104570']
Oskaloosa, Iowa. I just got here so I'm a bit sad that I can't say Duluth, MN. The best comment to my moving thought was from Bishop Amos, "You don't talk funny eh?"

Now the people I'm living with at the moment are waiting for a moment when I slip into a deep Minnesotan accent.

I think I'm picking up their dialect though, ya'll seems to be coming a huge part of my language now.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
See, now do Minnesotans really have an accent? I met a girl from there who asked if I could tell she was Minnesotan from her accent, but I perceived no such accent. Maybe it's just really similar to my Northwestern one.

Lounge Daddy
Posted

Grand Rapids, Michigan

let_go_let_God
Posted

Well, I just met someone last night whose original home town is 15 miles north of my original home town. It was amazing for me at least.

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

Irving, TX

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='03 May 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1272933334' post='2104570']
Oskaloosa, Iowa. I just got here so I'm a bit sad that I can't say Duluth, MN. The best comment to my moving thought was from Bishop Amos, "You don't talk funny eh?"

Now the people I'm living with at the moment are waiting for a moment when I slip into a deep Minnesotan accent.

I think I'm picking up their dialect though, ya'll seems to be coming a huge part of my language now.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

I'm so happy for you. :)

[quote name='iggy' date='03 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272933810' post='2104576']
You will be surprised just how many Minnesotans, we have here in Osky...
[/quote]

Amber, if I ever go to visit Travis, maybe I can find a way to stop by and see you. Or you can go to Omaha somewhere between June 4-11.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='03 May 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1272934430' post='2104591']
Ohio
[/quote]
I put you in Cadiz.

I thought about Mingo Junction, but I can't help giggling. Look up "mingo" in a Latin dictionary.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='03 May 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1272940434' post='2104644']
I put you in Cadiz.

I thought about Mingo Junction, but I can't help giggle. Look up "mingo" in a Latin dictionary.
[/quote]
:shock: Perfect!

Apotheoun
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='03 May 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1272935097' post='2104602']
Fruity Oaty Bar, Ohio
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOdB1d0mg[/media]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...