An Old School Catholic Message Board

What City, State Do You Live In?

Thy Geekdom Come

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='02 May 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1272836090' post='2103750']
That's how I read it in my head.
[/quote]

Most excellent. :D I mean, after all, the city [i]was [/i]named after King Louis XVI. ;)

I remember seeing a t-shirt around here that had at [i]least [/i]five different way of pronouncing "Louisville". I thought it was highly amusing. :lol:

We also have a city named "Versailles"; however, to my initial horror, it is pronounced "Ver-sales". :shock: Ah, and a city named "Athens", but I've heard it pronounced "A-thins". :mellow:

When I first moved here, it made me twitch. Now I smile and kind of like it. :sweat:

[size="1"]It took me over ten years, but now I can finally say that I really do love Kentucky -- and mean it. :saint: [/size]

Jesus_lol

[quote name='Raphael' date='02 May 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1272829795' post='2103708']
I got the name of the place you put before your edit, but it seems Google Map doesn't know Comox Valley, either (although it does seem to know some area businesses).

As for serial killers...well, what do you think I'm making this for? *mwahahahahaha!*

jk I've met more PMers in real life than most of us and they'll all confirm that I'm harmless (although one of my jokes might kill you from boredom).

I'm not really concerned about serial killers, given that it's unlisted in Google and pretty general. You'd need my name and town to find me (which you have), but then I'd also have to be listed in the phone book. You could find me other ways, though.
[/quote]

mmm, try courtenay, BC?

if not just click it on vancouver island.

MarieLynn

Christchurch. New Zealand

BTW we also have Canadian geese in our neck of the woods. Real pests they are too![img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]

[quote name='txdinghysailor' date='02 May 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1272843333' post='2103814']
Do you want where I"m living currently or where my home is?
[/quote]
He said permanent residence earlier, Joe. :)

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='02 May 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1272843823' post='2103819']
He said permanent residence earlier, Joe. :)
[/quote]

I doesn't read all the posts in a topic. only the ones that interest me. ;)

Irving, TX.

southern california guy

I live in Escondido, California! (I need to update my profile)

Edited by southern california guy

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 May 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1272834972' post='2103735']
Just because I'm curious, how do YOU pronounce "Louisville"? :detective:

One of my good friends was born and raised there. She pronounces it "Lulvull". (But somehow there's a [i]slight [/i]two-syllable thing going on in the "Lul" part. :scratchhead: )

I say "Louie-ville". :nerd:
[/quote]

I'm kind of a lazy talker, so I say "Lou-ah-vul," but over the phone (I work in a call center) I go for more like "Loueyville" so it doesn't sound so much like a mumble. :)

What parish do you attend? I know a priest and couple of deacons down in Radcliff.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 May 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1272834972' post='2103735']
I say "Louie-ville". :nerd:
[/quote]
Sorry, that pronunciation in unacceptable. :P

(do they still have a list of all the pronunciations at the airport?)

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='02 May 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1272836611' post='2103757']
We also have a city named "Versailles"; however, to my initial horror, it is pronounced "Ver-sales". :shock: Ah, and a city named "Athens", but I've heard it pronounced "A-thins". :mellow:

When I first moved here, it made me twitch. Now I smile and kind of like it. :sweat:

[size="1"]It took me over ten years, but now I can finally say that I really do love Kentucky -- and mean it. :saint: [/size]
[/quote]
I still twitch when I hear Ver-sales, and I was raised in KY.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' date='03 May 2010 - 04:42 AM' timestamp='1272858138' post='2103995']
I'm kind of a lazy talker, so I say "Lou-ah-vul,"
[/quote]
That's how I say it.