Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 If enough people are interested, I intend on resurrecting the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade. I was never a part of it, but I want to be. As far as I can tell, the idea is that the Crusaders go out of their way to evangelize specific other websites with member-posted content. Sounds like fun to me. We would need enough people who know their philosophy, theology, apologetics, etc., very well. I don't consider myself very good at that sort of thing, but I fully intend to help in every possible way. So post here if you're interested like me in getting this rolling again. It would also help immensely if someone who *was* a part of it when it was still up and running could comment on some of the particulars of how the whole thing operated. Anyway, hope you guys are interested.
Hilde Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I'm a bunny for realz. What kind of sites are we talking about?
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Author Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='08 May 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1273296970' post='2106766'] I'm a bunny for realz. What kind of sites are we talking about? [/quote] Wherever we're needed? News sites with user-comment sections could be a nice place to start. Or maybe other fora with a non-religious character, that are still open to religious discussion (because I know many aren't).
Hilde Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Sometimes, I don't remember which, I've felt like I want some help. but I can't remember which right now. Sometimes I've also wanted to post about some threads here to hear you guys reaction, just to protect my little mind from whatever they're saying. But that's something a little different. I've been to some news-sites where I wanted to post but I really don't have the courage to go it alone. They're in Norwegian anyways so it might not matter.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Author Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='08 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1273297423' post='2106775'] Sometimes, I don't remember which, I've felt like I want some help. but I can't remember which right now. Sometimes I've also wanted to post about some threads here to hear you guys reaction, just to protect my little mind from whatever they're saying. But that's something a little different. I've been to some news-sites where I wanted to post but I really don't have the courage to go it alone. They're in Norwegian anyways so it might not matter. [/quote] You understand the feeling then. As far as I can tell, the whole FBC is a network so that nobody has to do that reaching-out on their own. There'll be support in place from people with potentially different or more expertise.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Author Posted May 8, 2010 (edited) [quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1273297813' post='2106783'] If you would have me, I would do it. [/quote] You're not allowed to post on Manic Muslims. Edited May 8, 2010 by Nihil Obstat
Jesus_lol Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 (edited) I tend to post rebuttals to standard anti catholic posting on other forums like Reddit. such as pedophile conspiracy stuff, abortion and stuff. but i wont go evangelizing, sorry.as a non catholic it would be especially lame for me to do so. Edited May 8, 2010 by Jesus_lol
HisChildForever Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1273297977' post='2106785'] You're not allowed to post on Manic Muslims. [/quote] I would operate under a different username and not post my face so as not to tarnish the group's image.
jeffpugh Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I've tried the experiment before with a group outside of PM (but some members were PMers). They were mostly trads actually. All I can say is that it's not easy. Some groups will actually be hostile and sensor what you say. Some times, the only way is to seek out individuals who are willing to dialogue about the truth. Just remember to pray as much as you go into battle.
Cherie Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1273297156' post='2106771'] News sites with user-comment sections could be a nice place to start. Or maybe other fora with a non-religious character, that are still open to religious discussion (because I know many aren't). [/quote] Wow, I totally already do this! Count me in, this is so much fun, I love it!!!
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Author Posted May 8, 2010 Looks like enough people will be interested enough to make this happen.
Cherie Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Do we just leave comments, or do we try to invite them to Phatmass? Are there any specific kind of instructions we need, or anything else we should know about the character of the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade?
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2010 Author Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='CherieMadame' date='08 May 2010 - 07:35 AM' timestamp='1273322121' post='2106899'] Do we just leave comments, or do we try to invite them to Phatmass? Are there any specific kind of instructions we need, or anything else we should know about the character of the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade? [/quote] Off the top of my head, it seems to me that most of the work would be done on their websites, and then we'd invite people who were genuinely interested to join us here. Otherwise I think we'd have to worry about people joining with only hostile intentions.
MIKolbe Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 FBC had about 20 members, maybe more, divided into equal teams. (I think you may need more people) There was one 'main' person in charge, dividing the teams, assign websites, etc. Each team has a leader and 3-4 members. one of those members was a prayer warrior who did not 'engage', but who prayed for the team, the mission, and those who were being evangelized. there was a password protected board, normally on TL, were everyone in the FBC could meet, talk, and ask questions, get opinions/'strategies'. Above all, the FBC was charitable not only in truth but also in tone. Read that a few times...especially the last 4 words. I don't think mods can set up password protected threads...I will try myself, but if you want; I can also try to contact dUSt, if this is something you want to really do. (the above is off of memory, so I might have forgotten some stuff) but again, if this is something you are really interested in, i can try my best to help, if you would like....
Archaeology cat Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] one of those members was a prayer warrior who did not 'engage', but who prayed for the team, the mission, and those who were being evangelized. [/quote] That I could do. I used to post quite a bit on FB with the Apologetics Knights, but with 2 kids, and at least one almost always in my lap, it just doesn't work for me to do much posting. But I can pray even with 2 kids climbing on me.
Tridenteen Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 JMJ I am a goofball, but I know my theology, and my catttykism. Can I fuzzy bunny on news angency sites?
dominicansoul Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] Above all, the FBC was charitable not only in truth but also in tone. Read that a few times...especially the last 4 words. [/quote] just thought this was worth repeating...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now