An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1273361105' post='2107167']
I...I don't understand the difference :huh:
[/quote]
:console:

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 May 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1273363754' post='2107200']
The 1986 FOX network ident:

[img]http://sites.google.com/site/thetaboriclight/metamorphosis/FOX-original_logo.jpg[/img]

FOX in 1990:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXecTt58U8[/media]
[/quote]
Wow. '90s were like the '80s... I knew it was a transitional year... hmm

Lots of modesty, too :mellow:

Gregorius

I have experience with being used by the Holy Spirit for converting atheist types. I'm also a good set of ears and am willing to listen to others.

I want in. :sword:

Nihil Obstat

Sounds like enough people are on board to give it a try. :D

I believe that mentioning Phatmass regularly would not be the most prudent idea, like I mentioned above. I think that would cause problems for PM that we just really don't need to deal with.

Most of all I feel obliged to emphasize once again the "charitable not only in truth but also in tone". This is, after all, Biblical.

So what's the next step? Should I start taking names?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1273364605' post='2107216']
Sounds like enough people are on board to give it a try. :D

I believe that mentioning Phatmass regularly would not be the most prudent idea, like I mentioned above. I think that would cause problems for PM that we just really don't need to deal with.

Most of all I feel obliged to emphasize once again the "charitable not only in truth but also in tone". This is, after all, Biblical.

So what's the next step? Should I start taking names?
[/quote]

You would have to figure out who does what. Some people have volunteered to be prayer warriors, others actually involved in the apologetics. For the members who will actually engage in debate, I suggest finding a Christian forum that seems fairly open (i.e. not hostile). That would be the starting point so everyone gets a feel for what the "crusade" entails. Then the group would move on to a more challenging forum, perhaps a general religious forum.

Catholictothecore

I'm confused as to what being part of FBC means for here on Phatmass.

Apotheoun

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='08 May 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1273365633' post='2107238']
[/quote]
You have to pay a monthly FBC membership fee. :D

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1273365410' post='2107234']
You would have to figure out who does what. Some people have volunteered to be prayer warriors, others actually involved in the apologetics. For the members who will actually engage in debate, I suggest finding a Christian forum that seems fairly open (i.e. not hostile). That would be the starting point so everyone gets a feel for what the "crusade" entails. Then the group would move on to a more challenging forum, perhaps a general religious forum.
[/quote]
Honestly, I have a feeling that starting with a Christian non-Catholic forum might be one of the most inflammatory things we could do. Although I might be wrong.

I'm going to take a list now of people who are interested. One list for prayer offers, and one list for active offerings.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1273366092' post='2107244']
Honestly, I have a feeling that starting with a Christian non-Catholic forum might be one of the most inflammatory things we could do. Although I might be wrong.

I'm going to take a list now of people who are interested. One list for prayer offers, and one list for active offerings.
[/quote]

Okay, then maybe a general religious forum? It would be easier to blend in and not be unusual for say five Catholics to join at the same time. Or rather it may go unnoticed.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='08 May 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1273365633' post='2107238']
[/quote]
It's like being in the country club. :mellow:

Ok, excluding Hassan, here's my list of names of people who specifically stated an intention to be involved so far. ^_^

Active:
Nihil Obstat
HisChildForever
Resurrexi
mommas_boy
CherieMadame
Tridenteen
CatherineM
Zunshynn *
Catholictothecore
Gregorius

Prayer:
Archaeology cat
Christie_M
Marie-Therese
laetitia crucis

I put a * beside ZZ because I'm not 100% sure if she wanted to be on the active list or prayer list. :)

I'm also assuming that any 'active' members would be prayer their tails off as well, and I don't see any reason that people whose specific focus was prayer couldn't post as well whenever they felt so inclined.

Edited by Nihil Obstat