Vincent Vega Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] Above all, the FBC was charitable [b]not only[/b] in truth [b]but also[/b] in tone. [/quote]
Vincent Vega Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] Above all, the FBC was charitable not only [b]in truth[/b] but also [b]in tone[/b]. [/quote]
Vincent Vega Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] Above all, the FBC was charitable not only in truth [u][i]but also in tone[/i][/u]. [/quote]
Vincent Vega Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] Above all, the FBC was charitable not only in truth [b]but [u]also [size="6"]in[/size] [size="7"]tone[/size][/u][/b]. [/quote]
HisChildForever Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 Maybe this is what Phatmass needs in order to bring charity back to the forum.
Christie_M Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='08 May 2010 - 06:44 AM' timestamp='1273322682' post='2106903'] FBC had about 20 members, maybe more, divided into equal teams. (I think you may need more people) There was one 'main' person in charge, dividing the teams, assign websites, etc. [i] Each team has a leader and 3-4 members. one of those members was a prayer warrior who did not 'engage', but who prayed for the team, the mission, and those who were being evangelized.[/i] there was a password protected board, normally on TL, were everyone in the FBC could meet, talk, and ask questions, get opinions/'strategies'. Above all, the FBC was charitable not only in truth but also in tone. Read that a few times...especially the last 4 words. I don't think mods can set up password protected threads...I will try myself, but if you want; I can also try to contact dUSt, if this is something you want to really do. (the above is off of memory, so I might have forgotten some stuff) but again, if this is something you are really interested in, i can try my best to help, if you would like.... [/quote] Well, nihil, if you're going to bring this back to the way it was, I'll gladly be a Prayer Warrior again.
zunshynn Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I was an FBC prayer warrior. I don't know, I might be willing to do some active posting this time around, depending on the type of website.
Apotheoun Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [img]http://kyecha.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/another_cute_bunny_by_m2pg.jpg[/img]
Marie-Therese Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I totally volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior. I think I am good at posting in a charitable way, but since all my theological learning is from self-study, I don't know if my apologetics would be strong enough...but I would be more than happy to help in any way possible.
Slappo Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 (edited) i knowz nothing about teh churchy thingz can I haz cheezberger? I wish I could devote myself to it but I think I really need to move interior right now and that means abandoning most of my electronics. No more computer, no more internet except when necessary (work, organizing wedding stuff...) etc. I don't want to be assigned to a team, but I will try to pray for you all. Internet has not been good for purity of eyes, heart, or soul for me lately. Like... nothing about the internet has been edifying. Edit: And that actually means I won't be on phatmass very much at all (I may log in on breaks at work). I'm going to confession and I think i'll give myself this penance Edited May 8, 2010 by Slappo
laetitia crucis Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='08 May 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1273354507' post='2107128'] I totally volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior. I think I am good at posting in a charitable way, but since all my theological learning is from self-study, I don't know if my apologetics would be strong enough...but I would be more than happy to help in any way possible. [/quote] Ditto, MT! I also volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior as well! The only theological classes I've had were taken while in the convent and taught in the convent by fellow Sisters or priests and seminarians, but I don't trust my own memory to be strong enough. Same for my apologetics. Like MT, what I've learned for the most part (besides the convent) has been from self-study.
Hassan Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 May 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1273301982' post='2106835'] Some groups will actually be hostile and sensor what you say. Some times, the only way is to seek out individuals who are willing to dialogue about the truth. Just remember to pray as much as you go into battle. [/quote] That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too. Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Slappo' date='08 May 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1273355465' post='2107130'] Internet has not been good for purity of eyes, heart, or soul for me lately. Like... nothing about the internet has been edifying. Edit: And that actually means I won't be on phatmass very much at all (I may log in on breaks at work). I'm going to confession and I think i'll give myself this penance [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sweat.gif[/img] [/quote] I'll pray for you, Slappo. But, I'm not surprised that you are having trouble with purity issues since your wedding is only a couple of weeks away (if those are indeed the kind of purity issues you're having trouble with). Even if those feelings aren't unexpected, that doesn't make them easy to deal with. Your wedding is so close. However, the day WILL arrive, FINALLY! God has been so good to you to give you someone to love, who loves you the same way. It's a very precious, and all too rare gift.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 I sounds like many of you are experienced at this. If this is advice that you already know, ignore me. From experience, on most non-religious Web sites, I'd be very careful of mentioning Phatmass in a public forum unless it is in answer to a direct question. Otherwise, many Web sites consider the mention of other Web sites as "advertising." If you ever want a non-Catholic point of view on how you are coming across in your posts on other sites, I'm happy to help.
Jesus_lol Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135'] That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too. Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label. [/quote] social commentary win. yeah, f other websites have anything like our lame "do not rep pope" tags and restrictions that go along with that, you guys are hooped.
jeffpugh Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135'] That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too. Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label. [/quote] Poor Hassan. But I haven't really seen you post anything that pertains to you believing in an objective "truth". It seems to be "Hassan feels" But yeah, I unno if I can say the no-PMs thing is fair. Start another thread. [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 May 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1273357424' post='2107140'] social commentary win. yeah, f other websites have anything like our lame "do not rep pope" tags and restrictions that go along with that, you guys are hooped. [/quote] lullz.
Apotheoun Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 May 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1273357424' post='2107140'] yeah, f other websites have anything like our lame "do not rep pope" tags and restrictions that go along with that, you guys are hooped. [/quote] I want an Eastern Christian tag that can only be seen when a person is facing east.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now