An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

Marie-Therese

I totally volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior. I think I am good at posting in a charitable way, but since all my theological learning is from self-study, I don't know if my apologetics would be strong enough...but I would be more than happy to help in any way possible. :)

i knowz nothing about teh churchy thingz

can I haz cheezberger? :mellow:

I wish I could devote myself to it but I think I really need to move interior right now and that means abandoning most of my electronics. No more computer, no more internet except when necessary (work, organizing wedding stuff...) etc. I don't want to be assigned to a team, but I will try to pray for you all.

Internet has not been good for purity of eyes, heart, or soul for me lately. Like... nothing about the internet has been edifying.

Edit: And that actually means I won't be on phatmass very much at all (I may log in on breaks at work). I'm going to confession and I think i'll give myself this penance :sweat:

Edited by Slappo

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='08 May 2010 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1273354507' post='2107128']
I totally volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior. I think I am good at posting in a charitable way, but since all my theological learning is from self-study, I don't know if my apologetics would be strong enough...but I would be more than happy to help in any way possible. :)
[/quote]

Ditto, MT!

I also volunteer to be a Prayer Warrior as well! :woot:

The only theological classes I've had were taken while in the convent and taught in the convent by fellow Sisters or priests and seminarians, but I don't trust my own memory to be strong enough. Same for my apologetics.

Like MT, what I've learned for the most part (besides the convent) has been from self-study. :)

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 May 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1273301982' post='2106835']
Some groups will actually be hostile and sensor what you say. Some times, the only way is to seek out individuals who are willing to dialogue about the truth. Just remember to pray as much as you go into battle.
[/quote]

That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too.

Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label. :unsure:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Slappo' date='08 May 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1273355465' post='2107130']

Internet has not been good for purity of eyes, heart, or soul for me lately. Like... nothing about the internet has been edifying.

Edit: And that actually means I won't be on phatmass very much at all (I may log in on breaks at work). I'm going to confession and I think i'll give myself this penance [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sweat.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I'll pray for you, Slappo. But, I'm not surprised that you are having trouble with purity issues since your wedding is only a couple of weeks away (if those are indeed the kind of purity issues you're having trouble with). Even if those feelings aren't unexpected, that doesn't make them easy to deal with. Your wedding is so close. However, the day WILL arrive, FINALLY!

God has been so good to you to give you someone to love, who loves you the same way. It's a very precious, and all too rare gift.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I sounds like many of you are experienced at this. If this is advice that you already know, ignore me.

From experience, on most non-religious Web sites, I'd be very careful of mentioning Phatmass in a public forum unless it is in answer to a direct question. Otherwise, many Web sites consider the mention of other Web sites as "advertising."

If you ever want a non-Catholic point of view on how you are coming across in your posts on other sites, I'm happy to help.

Jesus_lol

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135']
That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too.

Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label. :unsure:
[/quote]

social commentary win.

yeah, f other websites have anything like our lame "do not rep pope" tags and restrictions that go along with that, you guys are hooped.

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 06:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135']

[/quote]
Poor Hassan. But I haven't really seen you post anything that pertains to you believing in an objective "truth". It seems to be "Hassan feels" :mellow:

But yeah, I unno if I can say the no-PMs thing is fair. Start another thread.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 May 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1273357424' post='2107140']
social commentary win.

yeah, f other websites have anything like our lame "do not rep pope" tags and restrictions that go along with that, you guys are hooped.
[/quote]
lullz.

Apotheoun

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='08 May 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1273357424' post='2107140']
[/quote]
I want an Eastern Christian tag that can only be seen when a person is facing east.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 May 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1273357780' post='2107144']
Poor Hassan. But I haven't really seen you post anything that pertains to you believing in [size="6"]an objective "truth"[/size]. It seems to be [size="7"]"Hassan feels[/size]" :mellow:

But yeah, I unno if I can say the no-PMs thing is fair. Start another thread.

lullz.
[/quote]

I...I don't understand the difference :huh:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='08 May 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1273357179' post='2107138']
I sounds like many of you are experienced at this. If this is advice that you already know, ignore me.

From experience, on most non-religious Web sites, I'd be very careful of mentioning Phatmass in a public forum unless it is in answer to a direct question. Otherwise, many Web sites consider the mention of other Web sites as "advertising."

If you ever want a non-Catholic point of view on how you are coming across in your posts on other sites, I'm happy to help.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the groups didn't exactly advertise that they were from PM. I think that was partially why it was a private board. At least I think that's how it was in the beginning... it may have evolved into something else.

I think it was just that a few people would start posting on other websites that had a lot of confused and/or hostile comments related to Catholicism. Then they would use the FBC phorum to privately discuss issues, but it wasn't like they all just went out and were like, "Hey, we're from Phatmass and we're going to make you all Catholic!" :lol: That may have been the idea, but it was more subtle than that.

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135']

[/quote]

:hehe:

Apotheoun

The 1986 FOX network ident:

[img]http://sites.google.com/site/thetaboriclight/metamorphosis/FOX-original_logo.jpg[/img]

FOX in 1990:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXecTt58U8[/media]