Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='08 May 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1273357780' post='2107144']
Poor Hassan. But I haven't really seen you post anything that pertains to you believing in [size="6"]an objective "truth"[/size]. It seems to be [size="7"]"Hassan feels[/size]" :mellow:

But yeah, I unno if I can say the no-PMs thing is fair. Start another thread.


lullz.
[/quote]


I...I don't understand the difference :huh:

Apotheoun
Posted

FBC always makes me think of the FOX TV network.

Posted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='08 May 2010 - 04:19 PM' timestamp='1273357179' post='2107138']
I sounds like many of you are experienced at this. If this is advice that you already know, ignore me.

From experience, on most non-religious Web sites, I'd be very careful of mentioning Phatmass in a public forum unless it is in answer to a direct question. Otherwise, many Web sites consider the mention of other Web sites as "advertising."

If you ever want a non-Catholic point of view on how you are coming across in your posts on other sites, I'm happy to help.
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the groups didn't exactly advertise that they were from PM. I think that was partially why it was a private board. At least I think that's how it was in the beginning... it may have evolved into something else.

I think it was just that a few people would start posting on other websites that had a lot of confused and/or hostile comments related to Catholicism. Then they would use the FBC phorum to privately discuss issues, but it wasn't like they all just went out and were like, "Hey, we're from Phatmass and we're going to make you all Catholic!" :lol: That may have been the idea, but it was more subtle than that.

Posted

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1273356442' post='2107135']
That might be difficult if the group prevents you from having any non-public communication with any members. I remember this websight I visited sometimes. I liked the people there overall and found a lot of the content interesting. Unfortunately they very publicly labeed people who argued against their beliefs. That labeling wouldn't be any problem but with it came rather sever restrictions on what you could do and who you could talk too.

Then came this point system that wasn't any fun. I guess the annoying thing was that you could be judged by it, but not participate in it if you had that label. :unsure:
[/quote]

:hehe:

Apotheoun
Posted

The 1986 FOX network ident:

[img]http://sites.google.com/site/thetaboriclight/metamorphosis/FOX-original_logo.jpg[/img]

FOX in 1990:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXecTt58U8[/media]

Catholictothecore
Posted

I'm in. Front lines, even. How we gonna get this organized?

Posted

[quote name='Hassan' date='08 May 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1273361105' post='2107167']
I...I don't understand the difference :huh:
[/quote]
:console:

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 May 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1273363754' post='2107200']
The 1986 FOX network ident:

[img]http://sites.google.com/site/thetaboriclight/metamorphosis/FOX-original_logo.jpg[/img]

FOX in 1990:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXecTt58U8[/media]
[/quote]
Wow. '90s were like the '80s... I knew it was a transitional year... hmm

Lots of modesty, too :mellow:

Gregorius
Posted

I have experience with being used by the Holy Spirit for converting atheist types. I'm also a good set of ears and am willing to listen to others.

I want in. :sword:

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Sounds like enough people are on board to give it a try. :D

I believe that mentioning Phatmass regularly would not be the most prudent idea, like I mentioned above. I think that would cause problems for PM that we just really don't need to deal with.


Most of all I feel obliged to emphasize once again the "charitable not only in truth but also in tone". This is, after all, Biblical.



So what's the next step? Should I start taking names?

Catholictothecore
Posted

seems rational to me.

Gregorius
Posted

Can we save the teen talk sub-forum by making it the new headquarters of the FBC?

Gregorius
Posted

I nominate Nihil as Gran' Poobah of the FBC.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1273364605' post='2107216']
Sounds like enough people are on board to give it a try. :D

I believe that mentioning Phatmass regularly would not be the most prudent idea, like I mentioned above. I think that would cause problems for PM that we just really don't need to deal with.


Most of all I feel obliged to emphasize once again the "charitable not only in truth but also in tone". This is, after all, Biblical.



So what's the next step? Should I start taking names?
[/quote]

You would have to figure out who does what. Some people have volunteered to be prayer warriors, others actually involved in the apologetics. For the members who will actually engage in debate, I suggest finding a Christian forum that seems fairly open (i.e. not hostile). That would be the starting point so everyone gets a feel for what the "crusade" entails. Then the group would move on to a more challenging forum, perhaps a general religious forum.

Catholictothecore
Posted

I'm confused as to what being part of FBC means for here on Phatmass.

Apotheoun
Posted

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='08 May 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1273365633' post='2107238']
I'm confused as to what being part of FBC means for here on Phatmass.
[/quote]
You have to pay a monthly FBC membership fee. :D

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1273365410' post='2107234']
You would have to figure out who does what. Some people have volunteered to be prayer warriors, others actually involved in the apologetics. For the members who will actually engage in debate, I suggest finding a Christian forum that seems fairly open (i.e. not hostile). That would be the starting point so everyone gets a feel for what the "crusade" entails. Then the group would move on to a more challenging forum, perhaps a general religious forum.
[/quote]
Honestly, I have a feeling that starting with a Christian non-Catholic forum might be one of the most inflammatory things we could do. Although I might be wrong.


I'm going to take a list now of people who are interested. One list for prayer offers, and one list for active offerings.

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1273366092' post='2107244']
Honestly, I have a feeling that starting with a Christian non-Catholic forum might be one of the most inflammatory things we could do. Although I might be wrong.


I'm going to take a list now of people who are interested. One list for prayer offers, and one list for active offerings.
[/quote]

Okay, then maybe a general religious forum? It would be easier to blend in and not be unusual for say five Catholics to join at the same time. Or rather it may go unnoticed.

Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='08 May 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1273365633' post='2107238']
I'm confused as to what being part of FBC means for here on Phatmass.
[/quote]
It's like being in the country club. :mellow:



Ok, excluding Hassan, here's my list of names of people who specifically stated an intention to be involved so far. ^_^


Active:
Nihil Obstat
HisChildForever
Resurrexi
mommas_boy
CherieMadame
Tridenteen
CatherineM
Zunshynn *
Catholictothecore
Gregorius


Prayer:
Archaeology cat
Christie_M
Marie-Therese
laetitia crucis


I put a * beside ZZ because I'm not 100% sure if she wanted to be on the active list or prayer list. :)

I'm also assuming that any 'active' members would be prayer their tails off as well, and I don't see any reason that people whose specific focus was prayer couldn't post as well whenever they felt so inclined.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Vincent Vega
Posted

I would like to join as a permanent observer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...