An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1273375176' post='2107418']
...On a more serious note, I'm interested to know where people sit on this:

Should the reinvention of the FBC be small-team based, or should we make use of a common pool of topics?

If it were team based, we could potentially go to more corners of t3h int3rwebz, but in my opinion this would sacrifice depth and experience in any individual group.
Personally, I prefer the idea of having a common pool of active topics, which all the members would participate in a few times a week. That way we have the full depth for all topics, and while we'd have to be more selective about our topics, we may be able to cover them with greater depth and strength.
[/quote]

I think you should send it to committee where it will die in the abyss of opinions and personal interpretation. Or let it stew in Open Mic as the thread migrates to 20 pages and joins the ranks of such debates as "Is this Modest?" or "The Christianity of Potter and other Stories..."

Nihil,......Seize power, proclaim yourself with "Divine Right" and lead through brute force. :sword: You are the one resurrecting it...lay the ground rules, strategically offer differing levels of membership with the $10 Bronze level being a T-shirt and Sharpie marker, the $20 Silver level being a T-Shirt and Sharpie marker with a FREE link to the New American Bible, and the $50 Gold Level with all the stuff previous mention and a documentary on your rags-to-riches journey.

Seriously though, draw up a roster which I believe you have already done, form battalions, and send them out to engage the negative IQ of Yahoo Answers and give correct answers to such questions as "why do priests wear funny clothes?"... :madrant:

The Continental Army waits at Valley Forge...will their leader stay in his tent and draw up a new mission statement while the army disintegrates or will he lead his army in their endeavor to recapture Jerusalem?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='08 May 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1273376677' post='2107445']
I think you should send it to committee where it will die in the abyss of opinions and personal interpretation. Or let it stew in Open Mic as the thread migrates to 20 pages and joins the ranks of such debates as "Is this Modest?" or "The Christianity of Potter and other Stories..."

Nihil,......Seize power, proclaim yourself with "Divine Right" and lead through brute force. :sword: You are the one resurrecting it...lay the ground rules, strategically offer differing levels of membership with the $10 Bronze level being a T-shirt and Sharpie marker, the $20 Silver level being a T-Shirt and Sharpie marker with a FREE link to the New American Bible, and the $50 Gold Level with all the stuff previous mention and a documentary on your rags-to-riches journey.

Seriously though, draw up a roster which I believe you have already done, form battalions, and send them out to engage the negative IQ of Yahoo Answers and give correct answers to such questions as "why do priests wear funny clothes?"... :madrant:

The Continental Army waits at Valley Forge...will their leader stay in his tent and draw up a new mission statement while the army disintegrates or will he lead his army in their endeavor to recapture Jerusalem?
[/quote]
Omg, k, you're inspiring.

I'm going to take this advice for the time being and force my will upon the group, and say we're going to pool active topics. ^_^

I think Yahoo answers is a brilliant place to start. I shall work out details starting now.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='09 May 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1273376677' post='2107445']

[/quote]

Wow. :notworthy:

I am inspired.

Nihil Obstat

All right, here's the deal.

I have just registered for a yahoo account, which you need to answer questions. It's easy, just like an MSN email and what have you. I'm not going to use my PM screenname or this, or any, FBC ventures, just to keep PM safe from anyone who may not appreciate our 'net evangelization.

I recommend that the following people:

Nihil Obstat
HisChildForever
Resurrexi
mommas_boy
CherieMadame
Tridenteen
CatherineM
Zunshynn
Catholictothecore
Gregorius
USAirwaysIHS
sacredheartandbloodofjesus

also register a Yahoo account so we can start answering questions.

This is kind of a practice run. We're about to see what sort of things we might run in to.

Nihil Obstat

For now I'm going to answer "open questions" on the main page, in whatever topics feel relevant.

Nihil Obstat

I'm finding Yahoo answers, however, to be a very difficult system. It's almost impossible to get a clear point across in any topic that would be relevant to us. Their culture seems geared towards quick, trite answers.

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' date='08 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1273368805' post='2107321']
Hahaha don't try to understand girl humor...
[/quote]
I think he just did :mellow:

[quote name='mommas_boy' date='08 May 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1273368886' post='2107323']
What about Hippie Catholics? :P

No, I meant any websites that we want to focus on? I think partnering up, at the least, is a good idea.
[/quote]
Lawl. Do you get 'teh win' for nerd sniping?

[quote name='Gregorius' date='08 May 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1273370816' post='2107358']
But then there's the question of how to sneak the entire crusade in without anyone getting suspicious, but then, you're in charge!

edit: sorry, I see what you mean, I must still not be thinking straight. :wacko:
[/quote]
Well, here's the deal. When I did a similar thing back in the day, we would go in waves. Give or take a week between joins. Sort of like how the Jesuits landed in England after all heck broke loose there with Henry VIII.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='08 May 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1273374217' post='2107403']
What's wrong with a fuzzy bunny. Did people miss the picture I posted earlier?

[img]http://kyecha.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/another_cute_bunny_by_m2pg.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
CUTE!!!

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='08 May 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1273376006' post='2107435']
What on earth could have compelled you to post that?
[/quote]
Teh lullz?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1273376061' post='2107436']
For teh lulz.
[/quote]
Ohhh! And the currency value for teh lullz dropped wayyy below 'teh win'. It's going to be a long time before we see a jump in value again :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1273376126' post='2107439']
Rabbits rather recently evolved from small squishy fruits that grew on large puffy bushes.
[/quote]
:lol_pound:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 May 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1273378538' post='2107474']
I'm finding Yahoo answers, however, to be a very difficult system. It's almost impossible to get a clear point across in any topic that would be relevant to us. Their culture seems geared towards quick, trite answers.
[/quote]

I see a way...

Which questions on yahoo. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I at least want to stalk. :topsy:

Nihil Obstat

I went into the "Family and Relationships" section, and I'm trying to answer questions where I can work in stuff about human dignity. I've been posting that site [url="http://www.demandyourdignity.com/"]Demand Your Dignity[/url] where I can.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Hilde' date='09 May 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1273379071' post='2107483']
Which questions on yahoo. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I at least want to stalk. :topsy:
[/quote]

Questions pertaining to the Catholic faith as we are often terribly misrepresented. We will have a Press Release later in the thread on the group.

mommas_boy

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='09 May 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1273379361' post='2107486']
I went into the "Family and Relationships" section, and I'm trying to answer questions where I can work in stuff about human dignity. I've been posting that site [url="http://www.demandyourdignity.com/"]Demand Your Dignity[/url] where I can.
[/quote]

There is also the category: "Society & Culture" > "Religion and Spirituality". I'm going to peruse around in there.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='mommas_boy' date='08 May 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1273379936' post='2107490']
There is also the category: "Society & Culture" > "Religion and Spirituality". I'm going to peruse around in there.
[/quote]
Ooh, I didn't realize there were subcategories. Good plan.

Catholictothecore

ok, I've not used Yahoo before. I know, I know, pathetic. What can I say, I'm a Google man? Do I sign up just from Yahoo's homepage, or is there a special section I need to go through.