An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

I don't know if this falls under the category even, but I commented on a blog where the topic today was pedophilia and he was defending the church(as he is a monk and everything) He had got a single weird comment this morning that said abuses were because of abusers being mentally disturbed and not sexual orientation which pedophilia is. I felt I had to say something, and I say pedophilia is a mental disorder and quoted the world health organization on that. And to that I got and answer that well homosexuality and transvestism was there a while ago so it doesn't really matter, and he had no problem that pedophiles worked with children as long as they didn't abuse them. I don't even know where to start. :huh:

If anyone want to maybe comment directly I can PM them, but it's in Norwegian so, yeah. (Norwegian people understand English though)

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Hilde' date='10 May 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1273521460' post='2108223']
I don't know if this falls under the category even, but I commented on a blog where the topic today was pedophilia and he was defending the church(as he is a monk and everything) He had got a single weird comment this morning that said abuses were because of abusers being mentally disturbed and not sexual orientation which pedophilia is. I felt I had to say something, and I say pedophilia is a mental disorder and quoted the world health organization on that. And to that I got and answer that well homosexuality and transvestism was there a while ago so it doesn't really matter, and he had no problem that pedophiles worked with children as long as they didn't abuse them. I don't even know where to start. :huh:

If anyone want to maybe comment directly I can PM them, but it's in Norwegian so, yeah. (Norwegian people understand English though)
[/quote]

You had the crusading bunny picture as your avatar even before the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade was revived, huh? Did you already know about it or is it a crazy coincidence?

Maximilianus

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='10 May 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1273520937' post='2108217']
Its amazing how many people that are there giving ignorant answers. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img]
[/quote]

What's more amazing is when an ignorant or erroneous answer winds up the top answer.

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade seems to have lost its fire...Or maybe its Finals week.

All Fuzzy Bunnies unite we are needed over at the yahoo news report "Pope blames church's own sins for sex scandal". Major attacks on the faith are being propagated in the replies and its all BS(Bunny shat)!!

Nihil Obstat

Sorry, this is partially my fault. :P Busy life suddenly. I'll be working through some stuff this evening and we can get moving.

let_go_let_God

I was part a few years ago. Yahoo answers is always a good place to go as well. Just so you know. Take time and read through some things listed in the faith and christianity. They need some Traddy help.

God bless-
LGLG

HisChildForever

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='11 May 2010 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1273595286' post='2108679']
The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade seems to have lost its fire...Or maybe its Finals week.
[/quote]

Finals. :wacko:

mommas_boy

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='11 May 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1273595914' post='2108684']
All Fuzzy Bunnies unite we are needed over at the yahoo news report "Pope blames church's own sins for sex scandal". Major attacks on the faith are being propagated in the replies and its all BS(Bunny shat)!!
[/quote]

Personally, I don't think that comments on news articles are a good place to post, for a couple of reasons:

(1) Pages show only a few comments before having to go on to the next page. This means that a single "thread" will often make the same points over and over from different people. This makes it very hard in determining which one person would be the best to address. And you will be repeating yourself. A lot.

(2) Because of the above, the audience is limited. Honestly, I don't know of too many people that go reading through comments on news stories, unless those comments somehow pertain to them (either they are offended by the comments like us, or they are entertained by posting them). You are more than likely only going to engage your target, but not any of the rest of the audience (which is really your goal). As the climate of these boards is more than likely argumentative, you will likely not succeed in swaying your target's heart, and no one else is going to read it.

(3) The web fields for such comments are often limited to a certain number of characters before you can no longer input any more text. This limits the amount of text that we have available for truly teaching. Further, since few people read past a couple of pages in the comments section due to the comment aggregation that we mentioned before, you post is going to draw even less attention because it is longer.

Personally, I favor forums, and actually the Yahoo! answers board. Debate on the answers board is kept to a minimum because answerers can't really reply to one another, and the person asking is asking because they are in an open state of mind. Many of the people there who are answering spiritual topics have a large chip on their shoulder, and they show it, also. This means that our posts come across as the only serious or charitable ones. Which is basically free publicity for us, because it makes us stand out like a sore thumb in all of the croutons. Since they only get one post, they can't drown us out with sheer volume -- their voice is just as "loud" as ours. All we have to do is make better points. Which, reading through some of the posts there, is pretty much a given. No wonder the top poster on that Forum is a Catholic.

Edited by mommas_boy

Tridenteen

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='11 May 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1273597277' post='2108695']
I was part a few years ago. Yahoo answers is always a good place to go as well. Just so you know. Take time and read through some things listed in the faith and christianity. They need some Traddy help.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

JMJ
Triddy Traddy Help?

BTW, I am not allowed on other forums, cept this one. The only real reason is that the my parents and my sacredotal cousins would never let me loose on the worl any further than phatmass. I like sending emails, and posting comments, though.

Personally, I vote we all go two-by-two (two people go off to a Star Wars worship forum somewhere, for example).

Just as long as we don't have to wear matching clothes, ride bicycles, or carry biased propaganda.