An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Fuzzy Bunny Crusade

Nihil Obstat

HisChildForever

[quote name='Gregorius' date='09 May 2010 - 02:41 AM' timestamp='1273387299' post='2107580']
I'm browsing the Christian forums right now. . . There's a whole sub-forum on Liberal Catholics. Looks like Conversion material. That Guy JimR-OCDS is over there.
[/quote]

Where did you see that? I have never browsed Yahoo message boards before and found "Christianity" and "Catholic" beneath that but no "Liberal Catholics" area.

No, he's saying he's browsing Christian forums in general.
Anywho, on Yahoo, just vote each other up. Best you can do.

Christie_M

Wow, this thread got moving fast!
I'm too lazy to go back and quote posts, but you'll probably be able to figure out what I'm talking about.

The name FBC I think was the inspiration of that white rabbit from Monty Python? lol i don't remember anymore.

Anyways. If you guys can't start a group up on Yahoo, go to Facebook or something and make a group there. Make it [b][u][i]privet[/i][/u][/b] though so only members of the FBC can be involved in the discussions. (If more people want to join the FBC, then they can contact you to join. This will help fiddler who is a friend or foe.) That's why we had the Thread for FBC with a password, so links can be posted about who needed some back up in a certain site or something, and the members could read it and take action.
Yahoo Answers are a great place to start, but as has been mentioned before, it can be a pretty hostile place. Make sure to back up your answers with references like the CCC with a weblink.

another piece of advice: Use the resource links we have on here! http://www.phatmass.com/resources/

Don't link it from Phatmass, but from the site itself.
Example:
[i]"what is the Inquisition?"[/i]

To answer it, go to PM resources, click on [i]Church History[/i], then post this site (or where ever you got the info from) in the resourse box.
http://www.catholic.com/library/Inquisition.asp

The more credible you sound, the more serious you'll be taken and less likely to be brushed off.

Edited by Christie_M

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 May 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1273437261' post='2107755']
Where did you see that? I have never browsed Yahoo message boards before and found "Christianity" and "Catholic" beneath that but no "Liberal Catholics" area.
[/quote]
1. Google Search christian forums.
2.Click first result.
3.Scroll down to faith groups box.
4.On the left side of the box, find and click "The Lord's Table - Liberal Catholics".
5.????
6.PROFIT!!

HisChildForever

[quote name='Gregorius' date='09 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1273456349' post='2107906']
1. Google Search christian forums.
2.Click first result.
3.Scroll down to faith groups box.
4.On the left side of the box, find and click "The Lord's Table - Liberal Catholics".
5.????
6.PROFIT!!
[/quote]

The layout of the site plus the annoying advertisements is just real sloppy.

I'll bet it's all to conceal the fact that the majority of the website lacks the Truth which the Holy Church possesses.

HisChildForever

The faith groups they have are weird. Would we fall under "Apostolic Churches"? Or "Conservative Christians"? They seem to lack a place for orthodox and traditional Catholics. (Note: I define traditional as a notch or two away from orthodox, although traditional Catholics are orthodox. If that makes sense.)

The Crusade seems like a potential idea. I don't know if I have received enough formation to involve myself with apologetics, though. If I do something like this, I want to do it right. I will pray for this idea to become fruitful, though.

Pax Domini,
Ben

eagle_eye222001

We are operational...waiting on Nihil to accept the invite. I'm going to be really busy this week due to school so hopefully I can get Nihil up and running with the group. We will be sending out invites shortly.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='08 May 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1273368506' post='2107313']
Yea, agnostics are 5 points and atheists are 10.
[/quote]

how many points for liberal Catholics?

I would like to volunteer...on http://uscatholic.org/

I've always felt called to evangelize fellow catholics who have no idea what our Faith actually teaches...

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 May 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1273500759' post='2108038']
how many points for liberal Catholics?

I would like to volunteer...on [url="http://uscatholic.org/"]http://uscatholic.org/[/url]

I've always felt called to evangelize fellow catholics who have no idea what our Faith actually teaches...
[/quote]

Yes, same here. The reason for that is probably because I grew up as one of them.

Pax Domini,
Ben

Catholictothecore

I wonder what the odds are we could bet the protected forum running again...(just random musings)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='10 May 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1273513699' post='2108140']
I wonder what the odds are we could bet the protected forum running again...(just random musings)
[/quote]
It sure would be helpful. :saint:

*hint hint*? ;)

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Ive answered a couple questions so far on Yahoo Answers. Its amazing how many people that are there giving ignorant answers. :wacko:

Edited by sacredheartandbloodofjesus

You know, all else fails, you can start a new forum. Invision has free boards, and you can get the same PM smileys :mellow: