An Old School Catholic Message Board

Paranormal Experiences

Nihil Obstat

Paranormal Experiences  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1324475999' post='2355040']
For Catholics, 3am and 3pm are considered the times that interesting things are going to happen, representing usually the time of the Crucifixion, and to some extent the Trinity as well. 3am in particular can be considered Satan's 'inversion' of the 3pm time of the Crucifixion.
[/quote]

*shudders*

mysisterisalittlesister

Last year, my niece, who was one at the time, out of nowhere started pointing at the ceiling and laughing histerically. She babbled to it and a few minutes later, waved goodbye to it. I had heard rumors about very little children seeing angels, so I thought that may be what happened. I'm not sure, though.

Is this a paranormal experience?

I made my Phatmass account and was happy with it… but then I had a lot of trouble with my password and my computer, which is not protected, would not load the page at all. It was getting annoying and I was starting to get flustered. As soon as I blessed the computer with holy water, I had no problems.

In addition, is it regular for the devil to bother you while saying the Rosary?

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1324477154' post='2355054']
Is this a paranormal experience?

I made my Phatmass account and was happy with it… but then I had a lot of trouble with my password and my computer, which is not protected, would not load the page at all. It was getting annoying and I was starting to get flustered. As soon as I blessed the computer with holy water, I had no problems.

[/quote]
Did you know that Tim had a gold fish for five years and he put a drop of holy water in it's tank every day. The week he forgot to do it, his fish died. As for the rosary, I get bothered by the devil too when I'm saying it. I guess I just try to keep my mind on holy things (:

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1324476221' post='2355041']
*shudders*
[/quote]

Don't let it bother you though- all it does is reaffirm the triumph of the Cross over death. On Good Friday Satan's grip over us was shattered, and so Satan hates the Cross with his entire being. He mocks it and harasses us because that's all he has left. He's weak and impotent at the foot of the Cross, and he knows it.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1324477154' post='2355054']
[/quote]
It can be, for some people. Don't waste your time worrying about it though; God allows everyone to be tempted or attacked in different ways, and some more than others. Some of our saints were physically assaulted by demons while they tried to pray. That sort of thing isn't caused by God, but it's allowed by Him temporarily, for special people being called by Him to special sanctification for themselves and for others. :)

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1324493150' post='2355232']
How does one distinguish between paranormal events and hallucinations and other psychological disturbances ?
[/quote]

For one, applying the principles of discerning of spirits. Secondly, perhaps more important at first, would be to seriously explore all relevant psychological and physiological options before turning to less natural ones. Current directives for exorcists are very clear that all physical and psychological causes are ruled out before a formal exorcism will be approved by the bishops, and I believe it's either highly recommended or required that the exorcist have a very close working relationship with a psychologist or neuro-medical doctor of some sort.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1324478553' post='2355068']
My face is a paranormal experience.
[/quote]
we've experienced this.

[quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1324524388' post='2355675']
What is discerning of spirits?
[/quote]

Check out the last part of the article I posted. Basically it's a way to tell if something is from God or not. So only strictly relevant if the experience is already preternatural or supernatural. However, it is usually within the realm of possibility to take the principles and apply them to other situations.

ireallylovejesus

Well I took care of my 99-year old great grandmother for a few months before she died. We are very to close to each other because I spent several years of my childhood under her care. It has been a few months after her burial and I haven't gone back to her grave to visit. That night, I was hooked on the internet, browsing around and then I smelled her perfume. I dismissed it and just went back to you tube. The following night, I jumped on my seat when I heard her call my name. I knew it was her voice and she used her nickname for me.

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='ireallylovejesus' timestamp='1324599556' post='2356067']
Well I took care of my 99-year old great grandmother for a few months before she died. We are very to close to each other because I spent several years of my childhood under her care. It has been a few months after her burial and I haven't gone back to her grave to visit. That night, I was hooked on the internet, browsing around and then I smelled her perfume. I dismissed it and just went back to you tube. The following night, I jumped on my seat when I heard her call my name. I knew it was her voice and she used her nickname for me.
[/quote]woah. umm, creepy and razzle dazzle.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Stuff I've had are just razzle dazzle un-explainable knowledge or something supernatural of the like that I have attributed (not sure if I'm using the right word) to God.