Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='10 August 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1281451537' post='2155245'] That last one with the cricket scared me. [/quote] Yumbers to me. Especially if you feed them dandelion greens before harvesting them so they have a tasty gut load.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 10, 2010 Author Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='10 August 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1281451656' post='2155249'] I had chocolate covers crickets before.. pretty good. They looked dried out and not as slimy as they look in the sushi pics...tho...i would prolly try it anyways... [/quote] I would want to try it for sure, but I'm not sure I could force my instincts to cooperate.
MIKolbe Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 yeah.. it's not as difficult as it might seem...you would prolly like it.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 August 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1281451775' post='2155253'] I would probably take a can of RAID and spray the food on impulse.. [/quote][quote name='laetitia crucis' date='10 August 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1281451827' post='2155255'] Ditto.[/quote] This is interesting because to me RAID is something appalling that I'd never want to have in my house. [quote name='Not A Mallard' date='10 August 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1281452498' post='2155260'] is this a joke?[/quote] Never. Entomophagy is real and perfectly normal.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='10 August 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1281454070' post='2155283'] what's wrong with raid? [/quote] It kills bugs dead.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 10, 2010 Author Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='10 August 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1281453023' post='2155267'] yeah.. it's not as difficult as it might seem...you would prolly like it. [/quote] I probably would. It would just be getting over that initial squeamishness.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 This bickering has gone on long enough. Thread closed.
MIKolbe Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 you do not have that power.. MUUUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
vee Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Nope not a joke, it's research. http://rose.lib.hosei.ac.jp/dspace/handle/10114/4379
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='MIkolbe' date='10 August 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1281455899' post='2155312'] you do not have that power.. MUUUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH [/quote] Rub it in.
vee Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 I want this meal so bad ise ebi not pretty but soooo delicious [img]http://www.senpokaku.com/english/images/iseebi.jpg[/img] [img]http://shizuokagourmet.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ise-ebi-sashimi.jpg?w=450&h=337[/img]
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='vee8' date='10 August 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1281456498' post='2155322'] I want this meal so bad ise ebi not pretty but soooo delicious [img]http://www.senpokaku.com/english/images/iseebi.jpg[/img] [img]http://shizuokagourmet.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ise-ebi-sashimi.jpg?w=450&h=337[/img] [/quote] That's gorgeous.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='Hilde' date='10 August 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1281421981' post='2155109'] I had a huge beetle come in the window to my room the other day. It was really gross. Can't say I felt the urge to eat it. [/quote] My cats eat bugs--I think they like the crunch. Since they are indoor cats, and I don't have mice, they have led a deprived life and have to make the best of what's available.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRsXv7QVfE[/media]
ardillacid Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='10 August 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1281453065' post='2155270'] Entomophagy is real and perfectly normal. [/quote] I would like everyone to consider that it is L_D who is saying this is normal, not an actual sane member of society, but a delusional hippy tree-hugger
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' date='10 August 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1281463493' post='2155376'] I would like everyone to consider that it is L_D who is saying this is normal, not an actual sane member of society, but a delusional hippy tree-hugger [/quote] Wow. Why the venomous personal attack? Get a grip man. -1. Btw, there are plenty of cultures, past and present, in which entomophagy is perfectly normal. That is what I had in mind. Just cross the border to the south of your country and there are culinary traditions in which insects are normal (Oaxaca, Puebla, Morelos, and other areas for example). In the past the Aztecs were into entomophagy as well. Keep going south and you'll continue to find insect eating. Also, many places in Asia and among many African peoples. Give heed to the words of Kuato.
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 Mothra will have revenge. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdRLW3v5xQ[/media]
Laudate_Dominum Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='vee8' date='10 August 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1281456498' post='2155322'] I want this meal so bad ise ebi not pretty but soooo delicious [/quote] Dinner is served. [img]http://cockroach.com/cockroach/sites/default/files/images/ap_hissing_roach_080410_ssh1.jpg[/img]
MIKolbe Posted August 10, 2010 Posted August 10, 2010 [quote name='notardillacid' date='10 August 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1281463493' post='2155376'] I would like everyone to consider that it is L_D who is saying this is normal, not an actual sane member of society, but a delusional hippy tree-hugger [/quote] L_D told me not to feed the troll.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now