An Old School Catholic Message Board

Convent Tattoo Ideas

vee

SaintOfVirtue

I've never been moved by "religious" tattoos, I find them to be quite demeaning of whatever they portray.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1282744314' post='2162913']
If I were to get a tattoo, it would be something that symbolizes my Marian consecration

[/quote]

Yes this definitely! De Montfort suggests wearing a chain but to me a tattoo is a permanent chain. I am a captive of Mary who has brought me to her Son and I have no desire to leave this bondage but rather to increase it whether it be spiritually, physically, everything. :love:

Amor vincit omnia

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282835673' post='2163498']
Yes this definitely! De Montfort suggests wearing a chain but to me a tattoo is a permanent chain. I am a captive of Mary who has brought me to her Son and I have no desire to leave this bondage but rather to increase it whether it be spiritually, physically, everything. :love:
[/quote]

that's beautiful vee...can't wait to see what you end up getting...if you do get a tattoo!

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282786685' post='2163307']
Laughing... you little stinker! :nono::buddies2:
[/quote]

JMJ
at leas we know Vee8 looks up to you....

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1282836793' post='2163513']
JMJ
[/quote]
I love my little sister V-8 very much but worry if she were ever to go to a more conservative Carmel whether a tattoo might indeed brand her in the wrong way. I know cloister mentality all too well and it would shock many of the sisters and possibly subconsciously affect their decisions. So I am looking out for my little sister. It may be easy to hide in some places on the body, but eventually one becomes old and sick and will be found out.

Many nuns eqilvilate tattos with a wild life and kink. Even if it may be nothing more than true and sincere devotion. and so i cation anyyone to think in terms of the long run consequenses before getting a tattoo.

Please take this in the light it s given ... not as a criticism but only as a loving heads up. I love you V-8!

tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1282836793' post='2163513']
JMJ
[/quote]

And its pretty obvious why when she writes posts like the most recent one!

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282838620' post='2163525']
I love my little sister V-8 very much but worry if she were ever to go to a more conservative Carmel whether a tattoo might indeed brand her in the wrong way. I know cloister mentality all too well and [b]it would shock many of the sisters and possibly subconsciously affect their decisions[/b]. So I am looking out for my little sister. It may be easy to hide in some places on the body, but eventually one becomes old and sick [b]and will be found out. [/b]

Many nuns eqilvilate tattos with a wild life and kink. Even if it may be nothing more than true and sincere devotion. and so i cation anyyone to think in terms of the long run consequenses before getting a tattoo.

Please take this in the light it s given ... not as a criticism but only as a loving heads up. I love you V-8!

tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity
[/quote]

Sister..... The parts in bold are points that stood out in particular to me. If I am indeed called to that life and since it is such a small family I wouldnt want to cause them any more difficulties then they would already have from putting up with me in general! :sweat: Im also able to understand on some tiny level how it really is impossible to hide anything in a cloister and even if I did get a tattoo and managed to hide it for some time I think that could possibly increase the level of hurt that others may feel when they found out, especially if they have strong feelings against tattoos. Thank you for writing this and I think there was something else I was going to add but I forget right now! I do understand, I hope, what you are saying and the light you are saying it in. Id be amazed if you ever said anything that actually really hurt or offended me. I, on the other hand, am probably doing it constantly to you so if I ever make an inappropriate or offensive joke or anything like that please let me know!

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282864137' post='2163723']
And its pretty obvious why when she writes posts like the most recent one!

Sister..... The parts in bold are points that stood out in particular to me. If I am indeed called to that life and since it is such a small family I wouldnt want to cause them any more difficulties then they would already have from putting up with me in general! :sweat: Im also able to understand on some tiny level how it really is impossible to hide anything in a cloister and even if I did get a tattoo and managed to hide it for some time I think that could possibly increase the level of hurt that others may feel when they found out, especially if they have strong feelings against tattoos. Thank you for writing this and I think there was something else I was going to add but I forget right now! I do understand, I hope, what you are saying and the light you are saying it in. Id be amazed if you ever said anything that actually really hurt or offended me. I, on the other hand, am probably doing it constantly to you so if I ever make an inappropriate or offensive joke or anything like that please let me know!
[/quote]

You never offend me sis. in fact i love your humor and gentleness. If I have offended you in any way, please forgive me for no offence was meant in my writing nor would i ever intentionally do so to you or anyone. I hope you can trust that. Maybe I am talking too much lately and need to keep silence for a bit and just listen. :shutup: :kiss:

tenderly, your little sis,

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282869673' post='2163776']
You never offend me sis. in fact i love your humor and gentleness. If I have offended you in any way, please forgive me for no offence was meant in my writing nor would i ever intentionally do so to you or anyone. I hope you can trust that. Maybe I am talking too much lately and need to keep silence for a bit and just listen. :shutup: :kiss:

tenderly, your little sis,

Indwelling Trinity
[/quote]

:rotfl: offended me? never! rotfl: my humor and gentleness hahaha you are too kind!
Ok mushyness alert!!! Dear Sis you are awesome and of course I love you!. If you want to stay away from pm for a while or just lurk and be silent thats fine, I personally dont think youre talking too much but thats something for you and God to decide I guess. I will always be holding you in prayer whether or not you post. Im also kind of amused at how it seems we have both ended up apologizing to each other and we didnt even do anything! Maybe if I got some sleep Id be less amused? I will try that and see how it works :P In the mean time people can get back to the tattoo discussion :)

Ha this is definitely not on me! nor will it ever be!

[img]http://www.religioustattoos.net/Images/Saints/st_theresa_1.jpg[/img]

Edited by vee8

LC is probably getting this inked on herself as I type! :P Maybe LOS too?!

[img]http://www.religioustattoos.net/Images/Mary/mary_40.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282838620' post='2163525']
I love my little sister V-8 very much but worry if she were ever to go to a more conservative Carmel whether a tattoo might indeed brand her in the wrong way.
[/quote]

Wait a sec! So you mean Id have to get this removed?! *sigh* .. :sad2:

[img]http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/m/3/1/ei110605.jpg[/img]

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1282923608' post='2164091']
LC is probably getting this inked on herself as I type! :P Maybe LOS too?!

[img]http://www.religioustattoos.net/Images/Mary/mary_40.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:o I [i]love[/i] that tattoo. :love:

Actually, for a [i]very [/i]long time I had been pondering a tattoo. I wanted "Jesus" written in Aramaic on the inner side (palm up side) of my left wrist. :blush:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1283586487' post='2167698']
Erm. *cough* I [i]may[/i] have just gotten one. :saint:
[/quote]

I [i]may [/i]be jealous about this.

*cough*

Pictures or it didn't happen. :whistle: