An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

FutureSister2009

When you're excited that you'll be going on a retreat next month with a group of girls and staying in a Convent! We have called it a sleepover in the Convent!

MargaretTeresa

When you get upset everytime you see that the vocations part of your community's website is STILL down.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1314710200' post='2297485']
When listening to the news, reading the paper, or reading online news and you hear:

Nashville and think of the NDs
Terre Haute and think of Carmelites
Ann Arbor and think of the DSMME
Cherry Hill and think of the LSIC
NYC and think of the Sisters of Renewal and the SSVMs
Alabama (anywhere) and think of the SSEWs
New orleans and think of the Ursulines

etc.
[/quote]

Totally! I do this especially with Carmels! :smile4: I was thinking about the nuns in Brooklyn (and others of course!) all throughout the news before Hurricane Irene hit NYC. Praise God it wasn't too bad!

LaPetiteSoeur

Also, when watching Notting Hill, you point out to your Methodist friend that "You know, there's a Carmelite Convent there that's pretty well know..."

Yes, I did that on Saturday. And she thought that was pretty cool!

OnlySunshine

...When you think each and every order is absolutely beautiful even if you know that you're not called there. :)

TheresaThoma

You never leave home without your breviary and at least one rosary. (I am guilty of having up to 3 rosaries with me at one time. When I go on long trips it is more like 4 rosaries that come with me)
You see a date and immediately think of the feast that is on that day.

faithcecelia

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1314727433' post='2297561']
Also, when watching Notting Hill, you point out to your Methodist friend that "You know, there's a Carmelite Convent there that's pretty well know..."

Yes, I did that on Saturday. And she thought that was pretty cool!
[/quote]

When you read a post like this and think 'Yes, and its going to be [i]my[/i] Carmel'!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1314741623' post='2297632']
You never leave home without your breviary and at least one rosary. (I am guilty of having up to 3 rosaries with me at one time. When I go on long trips it is more like 4 rosaries that come with me)
You see a date and immediately think of the feast that is on that day.
[/quote]

I always carry my blessed rosary in my purse wherever I go and I have a little prayer book, too, in the hidden pocket of my purse. I'm ready in case of an emergency. I never want to be without my rosary. :)

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1314749676' post='2297731']

I always carry my blessed rosary in my purse wherever I go and I have a little prayer book, too, in the hidden pocket of my purse. I'm ready in case of an emergency. I never want to be without my rosary. :)
[/quote]

Ditto.

...when you start writing short stories about being a sister.

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

When you have a picture of the Blessed Sacrament in the Monstrance from your Adoration Chapel at your Parish as the wallpaper of your cell phone so you can always look at your future Spouse

When you're about to talk to Campus Ministry about doing SOMETHING for women Discerning Religious Life

When you would rather use the money that's paying for your tuition to go on a Nun Run

LaPetiteSoeur

When you've got a picture of your "home church" on your wall, just so you never forget it.

When at university, you've got prayer cards of martyrs to remind you to be strong! (and seriously, my classes are not as hard as dying for my faith!)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315617353' post='2302761']
When you start to really like silence so that you can think and pray without distraction. :)
[/quote]
AMEN!

When you start to really like silence so that you can think and pray without distraction. :)
[/quote]
Umm yeah. I love music but sometimes I just need that quiet.

Strictlyinkblot

[/quote]

Me too.