An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

faithcecelia

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1307665905' post='2251838']
I would call the nun "ESP" thing another name for the Holy Spirit. It's true, though. Most Nuns/ Sisters can spot a discerner 10 miles away.
[/quote]

I was astonished at how many people worked it out with me - including people who were not remotely religious (such as my singing teacher and personal trainer!) - and almost disappointed that literally no one batted an eyelid when i told the, It seemed the only person to be suprised by my calling was me!

faithcecelia

[quote name='Sebastian2' timestamp='1307757788' post='2252249']
And the 5 AM wake-up time isn't absurdly early, it's suddenly a glorious time to be awake[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I have risen at 4 - 4:30am for years, so 5am is a lie-in for me, I have never had as much time in bed as I did in Carmel, it was my cross being awake but having to stay in bed!

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307050752' post='2249303']
Me either. It has been the most painful journey imaginable, but making it has been a compulsion, an agony of love.
[/quote]

Sigh... yeah. I would not have chosen this path. (I'm no where near entering a community, either -yet anyway.) I have to say that the view can be pretty good at times.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307561040' post='2251370']
Divine Mercy 9999, on 07 June 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:When people ask what order you are with... .

rotfl

[/quote]

Seriously have had at least three people ask me this either at Adoration or after mass. I wear regular (albeit modest) street clothes so have no clue where it's coming from (except for that ESP vocation nun thing maybe.)

• 5 weeks later...
MargaretTeresa

when everytime you hear one of your co-workers mention her OCD, you think discalced Carmelites. :smile4:

• 2 weeks later...
LaPetiteSoeur

When you're in the car and your sister thinks she sees a nun and you suggest you all play the "guess the order game."

My family thinks they were Carmelites (possibly of the SHJ).

When people call you sister and you like it and are saddened when you have to correct them by saying, "No I have not entered yet."

TheresaThoma

When you get together with friends it always involves a trip to the Adoration Chapel

The 24 hour Adoration Chapel being temporarily closed due to construction is a major crisis in your life. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]

You ask your priest for clarification on his comment in the bulletin about whether a Sister had her first profession or final/solemn and he was impressed that you caught it and knew the difference.

You never go anywhere without your breviary and at least one rosary.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1311658250' post='2276097']
The 24 hour Adoration Chapel being temporarily closed due to construction is a major crisis in your life. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/brickwall.gif[/img]

You never go anywhere without your breviary and at least one rosary.
[/quote]

I know! Since they aren't doing daily mass they aren't having adoration either! I am not happy about this! GAH!!!!

Yah, so guilty of that.

faithcecelia

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1311656290' post='2276088']
When people call you sister and you like it and are saddened when you have to correct them by saying, "No I have not entered yet."
[/quote]

Oh I understand! I was doubly saddened the other week when I had to say 'Not any more':sad:

SoonerCatholic

I don't know if this is a sign, but when my boyfriend introduced me to a priest friend of his after daily Mass, the priest started going on about how I looked like I should be in a convent. Something about my face and angels from Heaven. O.O But, I'm grinning madly and wondering "is this a sign?" and the bf is thinking "No, Father, don't say that to her!". lol

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1307665905' post='2251838']
I would call the nun "ESP" thing another name for the Holy Spirit. It's true, though. Most Nuns/ Sisters can spot a discerner 10 miles away.
[/quote]

I emailed back and forth with the Associate director for one community, and then I called and she picked up the phone with "Hi [Krissy]"

Is this some special nun gift, like seeing out of the backs of their heads in a classroom?

Nah, she had Caller ID.

;)

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1311686607' post='2276158']
Oh I understand! I was doubly saddened the other week when I had to say 'Not any more' :sad:
[/quote]

I am so sorry! I cannot imagine what that is like, but you could add I will be again soon.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1311696370' post='2276231']
I emailed back and forth with the Associate director for one community, and then I called and she picked up the phone with "Hi [Krissy]"

Is this some special nun gift, like seeing out of the backs of their heads in a classroom?

Nah, she had Caller ID.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]
:hehe2:

MargaretTeresa

When someone on chat (who you have never met before) asks what order you're with.

I wanted to reply I belong to the Order of the Phoenix...