An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1297297845' post='2210734']

You are bothered by the fact that in both Sister Act movies Sr. Mary Robert is a postulant for both.

[/quote]

Exactly!!! and the fact that they go from cloistered carmelites to active carmelites like that.

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1297307208' post='2210829']
-When your idea of a date is a meeting with your spiritual director.[/quote]

hmm .. but I think rather going to Mass or adoration to meet [u]Jesus[/u] :heart:

Catherine Therese

When random people you've never met come up to you after Mass while you're sitting/kneeling in private prayer and they politely interrupt and ask you to pray for so-and-so who's having an operation, or for her husband to find work, or for their broken marriage to be healed, or for her adult daughter with four kids under 5 whose health is poorly, or whatever else...

Catherine Therese

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1297316525' post='2210877']
hmm .. but I think rather going to Mass or adoration to meet [u]Jesus[/u] :heart:
[/quote]

I met a religious sister who viewed it that very same way. I was spending some time with a group of them, and sure enough one of them got up and said she had a date!! Half an hour later I went to the chapel to bid Our Lord a good night before going up to bed, and there she was on our knees in front of Our Lord exposed in the Eucharist.

It TOTALLY made my night!! :)

[quote name='Catherine Therese' timestamp='1297426296' post='2211298']
When random people you've never met come up to you after Mass while you're sitting/kneeling in private prayer and they politely interrupt and ask you to pray for so-and-so who's having an operation, or for her husband to find work, or for their broken marriage to be healed, or for her adult daughter with four kids under 5 whose health is poorly, or whatever else...
[/quote]

Yes lol (and of course you pull out you little notebook to make note of their names :) )

Hinter dem Horizont

You know you're a future priest when you are not doing your homework for class because you'd rather watch vocation videos or mass online

(I do this all the time)

[quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1297436167' post='2211335']
You know you're a future priest when you are not doing your homework for class because you'd rather watch vocation videos or mass online

(I do this all the time)
[/quote]

story of my life.

[quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1297436167' post='2211335']

(I do this all the time)
[/quote]

Hehe! When you get excited about updates on communities' websites and imagine what the situation must have been like in each new picture on their "News" page.

When you regularly get your hair cut like a Sister and walk around in skirts and dresses! :smile3: I do!

Edited by JoyfulLife

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1297463925' post='2211483']
When you regularly get your hair cut like a Sister and walk around in skirts and dresses! :smile3: I do!
[/quote]

So do I! Even when I wear pantaloons I wear "nun" pantaloons!

When you tend to wear lots of blues, blacks, browns, and whites.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1297546449' post='2211754']
So do I! Even when I wear pantaloons I wear "nun" pantaloons!

[/quote]

:smile2:

What are nun p.ants?

Edited by JoyfulLife

When someone talks of their African American Sista, or blood sister, you think Religious Sister... and on realization of what they mean, you think Religious Sisters are just as strong as blood sisters. :smile2:

Edited by JoyfulLife

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1297546449' post='2211754']
[/quote]

Yes, totally me :smile4:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1297638287' post='2212048']
:smile2:

What are nun p.ants?
[/quote]

For me, they are dress pantaloons or black pantaloons. I've seen some sisters wear them around where I live. I can understand why they wear them--they are REALLY comfortable.