An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

faithcecelia

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1307043641' post='2249264']
It does make me happy to know that people are in Church. But I've been taught that we need to respect our bodies.
[/quote]

Its true, we do, but honestly, you will stop noticing other people. Then as they feel the warmth and love you radiate, they will become more modest then notice those who arent, and then get past it, etc etc!

I love the song that says 'The hoodulam and the hooker and the hobo are gonna feel at home in Heaven', remind me that if I had been perfect in the first place then I wouldn't have needed saving.:like:

You know you might be a future nun when you have to climb Mt Everest just to get to Mt Carmel (or wherever) and you love every step of the way because it is the way of the cross, you are sharing in His sufferings, and He is with you.
edited to add
and you are in His will

Edited by vee8

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1307045565' post='2249277']
... and you love every step of the way because it is the way of the cross, you are sharing in His sufferings, and He is with you and you are in His will
[/quote]

I wouldn't say "love every step of the way" but its more like you're willing to do what is necessary out of Love for Him. :) I haven't loved every step of the way for sure ...

faithcecelia

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1307049161' post='2249298']
I wouldn't say "love every step of the way" but its more like you're willing to do what is necessary out of Love for Him. :) I haven't loved every step of the way for sure ...
[/quote]

Me either. It has been the most painful journey imaginable, but making it has been a compulsion, an agony of love.

LaPetiteSoeur

You know you are a future nun when the fact that this thread is nine pages long makes you happy!

:dance:
:nun2:

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1307043641' post='2249264']
It does make me happy to know that people are in Church. But I've been taught that we need to respect our bodies.
[/quote]

More than that even... these people don't realize that they are walking into God's Holy House! His very Presence in the Tabernacle! His very Consecration in Mass!

It also can be a source of temptation to others.

I think it would be an act of charity to somehow tell people that we are supposed to dress reverently in Church. If they learn to do it there, they may think twice about doing it outside of Church, too. :)

Edited by JoyfulLife

Divine Mercy 9999

[quote name='Michele' timestamp='1305350482' post='2241253']
it's funny, perfect strangers have seen me praying the rosary and started talking to me calling me "Sister" and i don't correct them
[/quote]

When people ask what order you are with... .

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1307491636' post='2251068']
When people ask what order you are with... .
[/quote]

rotfl

When you want to do a happy dance everytime you hear back from a community!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307561040' post='2251370']
rotfl

When you want to do a happy dance everytime you hear back from a community!
[/quote]

Who'd you hear back from?

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1307564546' post='2251393']
Who'd you hear back from?
[/quote]

I heard back from the FSP a couple days ago, as well as the PCCs in Virginia. And today from the Lafayette Carmelites :dance3:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1307575213' post='2251451']
I heard back from the FSP a couple days ago, as well as the PCCs in Virginia. And today from the Lafayette Carmelites :dance3:
[/quote]

Yay! :dance:

My grandmother got a call from the NDs two days ago! She donated to them and Sr. Mary Herman called her to thank her! When asked why she donated, my grandmother said I'd shown her an ad in the Catholic Digest/OSV (she didn't mention I'm very interested in them, thankfully!). Then the sister said that I should visit the convent that's only 45 minutes away from my college!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And she didn't even know! I'm beginning to think Dominicans have ESP or something....

Funny news, too. The Daughters of Charity who come to my parish for daily mass told me I should visit their motherhouse in Paris when I study there. :pope: They don't know I'm discerning either. Maybe it's a "nun" thing.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1307623612' post='2251616']
Yay! :dance:

I'm beginning to think Dominicans have ESP or something....

.... They don't know I'm discerning either. Maybe it's a "nun" thing.
[/quote]

:dance5:

True!!!

And the ones I've met are so good at remembering you once you've met. Sr. Joseph Andrew said something along the lines of "with all the people I meet, God's gotta put me on the fast track to remember them all!" When I went there, she said "now, haven't I met you before?" I stumbled around and answered, "well, I was here two years ago, maybe you saw me then." And she said "That's right! You were here for a retreat, but didn't come and see me!," because I had been too chicken to actually talk to her one-on-one.

That's serious nun memory.

Divine Mercy 9999

I would call the nun "ESP" thing another name for the Holy Spirit. It's true, though. Most Nuns/ Sisters can spot a discerner 10 miles away.

Guest Sebastian2

You know you're a future nun when you get excitedly drag your family to a Latin Mass at the monastery just so they can meet the sisters afterward[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img]. And the 5 AM wake-up time isn't absurdly early, it's suddenly a glorious time to be awake[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]