An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

MargaretTeresa

When you cry at your friend's wedding, realizing that no one your friends marry will ever add up to your betrothed. :love:

ameliabedelia

when you hear a bell that even remotely sounds like the Angelus bells at "your" convent and get butterflies in your stomach.

LaPetiteSoeur

When you double check your university schedule obsessively to make sure you can make it to daily Mass!

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1313430371' post='2288433']
When you double check your university schedule obsessively to make sure you can make it to daily Mass!
[/quote]

When you are peeved that the your schedule may keep you from attending Mass at your church. But, there are a few other churches nearby!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1313432214' post='2288449']

When you are peeved that the your schedule may keep you from attending Mass at your church. But, there are a few other churches nearby!
[/quote]

The campus church has two daily masses most days (a late morning and early evening). There are about three parishes within a two mile radius if I ever get tired of campus Mass...

When your friends complain the only apps on your phone are "church" apps.

Edited by LaPetiteSoeur

Little Flower

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1313435274' post='2288502']

...There are about three parishes within a two mile radius if I ever get tired of campus Mass... [/quote]

lol when i read that i thought you said there were three parishes if you ever got tired of [i]Catholic[/i] Mass. rotfl

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1313435274' post='2288502']

The campus church has two daily masses most days (a late morning and early evening). There are about three parishes within a two mile radius if I ever get tired of campus Mass...

[/quote]

Ours does too, but on Tuesday/Thursdays, I have class straight from 9-5:45! (our 2nd Mass starts at 5:30)
Isn't that ridiculous!?!?!? It's worse than a high school schedule. Ugh. But I found an 8:15 at a nearby church :love: Starting the day off with Jesus!

MargaretTeresa

when you cry that you can't arrange your schedule to attend Mass everyday. but hey, i have everyday but Wednesday!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1313519134' post='2289241']
i wish i could go to daily mass :( i only make it about 4x a week :( oh well better than nothing
[/quote]

Exactly. We do what we can.

• 2 weeks later...
LaPetiteSoeur

When listening to the news, reading the paper, or reading online news and you hear:

Nashville and think of the NDs
Terre Haute and think of Carmelites
Ann Arbor and think of the DSMME
Cherry Hill and think of the LSIC
NYC and think of the Sisters of Renewal and the SSVMs
Alabama (anywhere) and think of the SSEWs
New orleans and think of the Ursulines

etc.

she_who_is_not

When you apply for a job in a city with the Motherhouse of a well-known order and think, "I could go to Mass at the Motherhouse!"