An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

FutureSister2009

When you try to go shopping and find some nice clothes that are MODEST!

When you're desperately trying to find a bandana and/or a head scarf so you can keep your head covered all the time

When you have your own "Get me into Religious Life ASAP Fund"

JessicaKoch

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1305557363' post='2242262']
When you try to go shopping and find some nice clothes that are MODEST!

When you're desperately trying to find a bandana and/or a head scarf so you can keep your head covered all the time

When you have your own "Get me into Religious Life ASAP Fund"

[/quote]

I just got two tiechels from headcoverings by devorah:
http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com/Headcoverings_Scarves.htm

FutureSister2009

When you're already planning your Bride of Christ Shower when you don't even have an Entrance Date setup yet.

When you just need to go NOW! :sad:

LaPetiteSoeur

You go to the daily mass at your parish after months of communion services at school and you sit in a pew in the middle that looks like no one ever sits in it...

and it turns out you end up in the Sisters of Mercy pew.

People are going to suspect something soon. Last year, someone here thought I was a religious :blink: . Probably because I only wear pantaloons on Fridays.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1306330443' post='2245769']
You go to the daily mass at your parish after months of communion services at school and you sit in a pew in the middle that looks like no one ever sits in it...

and it turns out you end up in the Sisters of Mercy pew.

People are going to suspect something soon. Last year, someone here thought I was a religious :blink: . Probably because I only wear pantaloons on Fridays.
[/quote]

Haha! I always sit up towards the front with a few of the older ladies... We don't have sisters or nuns or anything here. :sad:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1306340481' post='2245809']
Haha! I always sit up towards the front with a few of the older ladies... We don't have sisters or nuns or anything here. :sad:
[/quote]

We're really lucky--we have two sisters who come here regularly (weekend masses and one works here) and two who like it so much they come to daily mass!

Hopefully the vocations boom will help parishes have a religious presence

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1306345753' post='2245841']
We're really lucky--we have two sisters who come here regularly (weekend masses and one works here) and two who like it so much they come to daily mass!

Hopefully the vocations boom will help parishes have a religious presence
[/quote]

I really wish we had religious (men and women) connected to our parish. Our pastor's brother (also a priest) is the vocations director of the diocese so we have had the pleasure of being in the company of both a women's religious order and a Capuchin Friar who gave mission the week Lent started. :)

faithcecelia

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1306348933' post='2245868']
I really wish we had religious (men and women) connected to our parish. Our pastor's brother (also a priest) is the vocations director of the diocese so we have had the pleasure of being in the company of both a women's religious order and a Capuchin Friar who gave mission the week Lent started. :)
[/quote]

I always think it a real blessing when I see the sisters from St Cecilia's in town. They are enclosed, of course, but are only 15mins walk from the High Street so tend to walk to opticians, dentist, doctors etc - I once bumped into one in a charity shop too! I think this obvious presence is wonderful.

InPersonaChriste

When you walk in the room and your in law say Hola Monja (hello nun) or Nununun... very sarcastically...

FutureSister2009

When you find yourself wanting to lecture other people about modesty. I used to be a victim of modesty lectures but then I began my discernment and I got rid of most of my immodest clothes and now I try to keep myself covered up. Last night I wanted to lecture someone I know who came into Church wearing a tank top, short shorts and flip flops. It didn't work too well and my grandmom told me to be happy she was there at all. She was right but still.

And I'd also like to lecture people who design these outfits that expose everything. It makes it very difficult to find modest clothes when I go shopping.

faithcecelia

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1307038241' post='2249229']
When you find yourself wanting to lecture other people about modesty. I used to be a victim of modesty lectures but then I began my discernment and I got rid of most of my immodest clothes and now I try to keep myself covered up. Last night I wanted to lecture someone I know who came into Church wearing a tank top, short shorts and flip flops. It didn't work too well and my grandmom told me to be happy she was there at all. She was right but still.

And I'd also like to lecture people who design these outfits that expose everything. It makes it very difficult to find modest clothes when I go shopping.
[/quote]

Hopefully you will find this passes and you find yourself rejoicing to see people in church, especially on a weeknight, even if theyre in a bikini! You will grow to see that externals are really not important and that while you choose to dress modestly yourself you couldn't remember if you tried what someone else has worn to any given service.

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1306351028' post='2245883']
I always think it a real blessing when I see the sisters from St Cecilia's in town. They are enclosed, of course, but are only 15mins walk from the High Street so tend to walk to opticians, dentist, doctors etc - I once bumped into one in a charity shop too! I think this obvious presence is wonderful.
[/quote]

The other night we were both in chat at the same time but you left before I could say anything to you. Is there a particular time you would be online an in chat?
Take Care!

faithcecelia

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1307042847' post='2249255']
The other night we were both in chat at the same time but you left before I could say anything to you. Is there a particular time you would be online an in chat?
Take Care!
[/quote]

Yes, my laptop crashed!! I usually go in about midnight UK time, so about 3hrs time ish??

FutureSister2009

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1307042206' post='2249251']
Hopefully you will find this passes and you find yourself rejoicing to see people in church, especially on a weeknight, even if theyre in a bikini! You will grow to see that externals are really not important and that while you choose to dress modestly yourself you couldn't remember if you tried what someone else has worn to any given service.
[/quote]

It does make me happy to know that people are in Church. But I've been taught that we need to respect our bodies.