An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

Mary Veronica

this may not be for future nuns, but for catholics:

When you subconsciously genuflect at the movie theater before you take a seat.

or when you're watching star wars and you hear "may the force be with you" and you subconsciously respond "and also with you"

ameliabedelia

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1292628917' post='2193235']
When your dreams consist of you entering a religious order, receiving the habit, etc.
[/quote]

i have this nightmare sometimes that i enter an order and sometimes am even am professing vows..then i realize its the wrong order and there is nothing i can do. hahaha

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1292651608' post='2193293']
i have this nightmare sometimes that i enter an order and sometimes am even am professing vows..then i realize its the wrong order and there is nothing i can do. hahaha
[/quote]

Oh WOW! LOL

LaPetiteSoeur

When your dreams consist of you entering a religious order, receiving the habit, etc.
[/quote]

This happened to me a few weeks ago. It was weird because I was professing vows with the Nashville Dominicans in New York or something.

LaPetiteSoeur

Your Catholic youth community starts saying "Now Lord, you may dismiss your servant in peace," and not only do you know where it came from, but you can complete it!

When you know what a breviary is.

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1292969821' post='2193849']
This happened to me a few weeks ago. It was weird because I was professing vows with the Nashville Dominicans in New York or something.
[/quote]

This happened in my dream too. I was a Dominican for St.Joseph Province [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/saint.gif[/img]

LadyOfSorrows

I haven't had a dream where I was in the habit, but I have had a few with my sisters, where we're all walking together and having lively conversation. Except, this couldn't happen in real life if I was not in the cloister. I always wake up disappointed!

Mary Veronica

when hearing someone say the first 2-6 words, you can recite the entire psalm/verse by heart.... EX: "HAVE MERCY On me O God...."

When it comes naturally and candidly to mention the Gospel in most of your conversations/controversy/arguments/fraternal corrections etc. "today you will be with me in paradise!"

When you come home after visiting and you wake up in the middle of the night not knowing if you're at the convent still or back at home....that's been happening to me since I got back from the FSI :rolleyes:

[/quote]

or when OTHER people have dreams about you being a nun. d'oh!!!!

Edited by loveletslive

Hinter dem Horizont

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1293324776' post='2194436']
[/quote]

That happened to me in one instance. My friend dreamt that I was a priest working in the Vatican. Haha.

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='loveletslive' timestamp='1293324776' post='2194436']
[/quote]

:wall: =loveletslive...

hahah:giveup:at some point you just have to give up... okay i will stop before you come after me!:bash:... i don't want to be the person on the floor!! aHHH!

• 1 month later...
LaPetiteSoeur

You are introduced to two head honcho sisters (aka the heads of a Franciscan order!) and your campus minister says: "LPS is going to enter a religious community!"

:nun2:

It was amesome! Of course I was frazzled because I was doing many, many things at once, but oh, so cool! :blush:

You are bothered by the fact that in both Sister Act movies Sr. Mary Robert is a postulant for both.

You are also bothered that in Where Angels Go Trouble Follows, Mary Clancy's vocation journey is not brought up. And that her cousin Marbel Ann (Who graduated in The Trouble with Angels) is still a senior...hmm...

:nun:

-When you break up with a perfectly good guy to join a convent.
-When your idea of a date is a meeting with your spiritual director.
-When your "hobby" is saying the rosary or reading about saints or talking about religious orders with your friends.